E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Where is SiriusXM antenna located? Here comes the install

02-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Boostin335
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: sl600 z06 supra sti 996tt m3

Where is SiriusXM antenna located? Here comes the install

Hi guys, my car is a 2008 335xi coupe (9/2007 build date). My car is prewired for alarm and siriusxm.

I love XM and its been killing me not to have it.

I have ordered the XM Onyx and it just came (its cool because the colors are changeable to match the BMW interior).

My question: it comes with the Powerconnect kit from SiriusXM, but I have heard that since my car was prewired for it; I can use the OEM antenna instead of that little black square one that comes with these kits from SiriusXM.

My question is this possible?
If so, where is it located, I was told its a pink wire somewhere in the trunk area?

Also, it comes with a wireless transmitter but I heard its not good. I have the AUX plug in the glovebox... can I connect it this way? Which would be better than the FM Hardwire kit XM sells (I guess this way Id have to set it to a set channel like 88.7 or whatever.

Any help on the install, tips, tricks is appreciated... I am having 6ave electronics do the install, but want to use OEM antenna if I can. They said they have to go into the OEM head unit to wire it.. anyone who's added xm or Sirius this way please chime in.

Thank you,

Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i E90

Cabling is in the trunk under the floor panel, left hand side. There will probably be two bundles of cabling (unless you have bluetooth/assist or 6FL) so you'll have to determine which is which. The sat radio cabling, I believe only has two cables in the bundle.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Boostin335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Cabling is in the trunk under the floor panel, left hand side. There will probably be two bundles of cabling (unless you have bluetooth/assist or 6FL) so you'll have to determine which is which. The sat radio cabling, I believe only has two cables in the bundle.
I do have bluetooth (prem package) .. so look for 2 cables in the bundle? Do you know if there pink by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i E90

If you have bluetooth already, there should only be one unused bundle of cables in there. I believe it's a pink connector on your model (I have a '06 and ours in a dual cable grey connector).
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
pkirk
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2008 328XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirk View Post
Hi guys, my car is a 2008 335xi coupe (9/2007 build date). My car is prewired for alarm and siriusxm.

I love XM and its been killing me not to have it.

I have ordered the XM Onyx and it just came (its cool because the colors are changeable to match the BMW interior).

My question: it comes with the Powerconnect kit from SiriusXM, but I have heard that since my car was prewired for it; I can use the OEM antenna instead of that little black square one that comes with these kits from SiriusXM.

My question is this possible?
If so, where is it located, I was told its a pink wire somewhere in the trunk area?

Also, it comes with a wireless transmitter but I heard its not good. I have the AUX plug in the glovebox... can I connect it this way? Which would be better than the FM Hardwire kit XM sells (I guess this way Id have to set it to a set channel like 88.7 or whatever.

Any help on the install, tips, tricks is appreciated... I am having 6ave electronics do the install, but want to use OEM antenna if I can. They said they have to go into the OEM head unit to wire it.. anyone who's added xm or Sirius this way please chime in.

Thank you,

Mike
Check out these links:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40594

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ug+play+sirius
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
Boostin335
Major
United_States
Rep

Does anyone know if this works. I am NOT installing the OEM tuner.. I am using the XM Onyx (budget friendly install) and since I have sat prep.. someone said I can connect it to the trunk still, so I do not have to have that square black antenna that comes with the sirius XM kits for the car.

EDIT: after reading other threads, I can do this, i will connect it to the pink connector on the left side of the trunk...my rear seats go down to make the install easier I assume, and I can then connect it as so, and leave the xm Onyx wherever I please up front with me.

Last edited by Boostin335; 02-15-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Appreciate 0