E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PTF E45 Tuned 335i Track Results - 118.53 MPH



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
JStang
N54 ADDICT
JStang's Avatar
48
Rep
3,049
Posts

 
Drives: FBO E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

iTrader: (7)

PTF E45 Tuned 335i Track Results - 118.53 MPH

I have been working with Jake at Pro Tuning Freaks over the past couple of months on an E45 tune. About a week ago, he informed me that he thinks that we are done as the car looks very happy based on the logs he has seen. Tonight I had the opportunity to head down to Bradenton to hit up the strip.

I went with the goal of breaking into the 11's for the first time. Keep in mind that this was only my third trip ever to the track so I am still a rookie hence my 60' times. According to dragtimes.com the DA was -755 and temps were in the upper 40's. Notable car number = 69



Here are a few slips from tonight. I left somewhat disappointed that I didn't break into the 11's but the car is definitely running strong.



If you have been considering getting a pro-tune, I highly recommend the guys at PTF. The tuning experience has been the best purchase I have made for this car yet.
__________________

Last edited by JStang; 02-01-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 02:43 AM   #2
Monster335
Private First Class
United_States
4
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: jet black 3 series n54 2010
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
I have been working with Jake at Pro Tuning Freaks over the past couple of months on an E45 tune. About a week ago, he informed me that he thinks that we are done as the car looks very happy based on the logs he has seen. Tonight I had the opportunity to head down to Bradenton to hit up the strip.

I went with the goal of breaking into the 11's for the first time. Keep in mind that this was only my third trip ever to the track so I am still a rookie hence my 60' times. According to dragtimes.com the DA was -755 and temps were in the upper 40's. Notable car number = 69



Here are a few slips from tonight. I left somewhat disappointed that I didn't break into the 11's but the car is definitely running strong.



If you have been considering getting a pro-tune, I highly recommend the guys at PTF. The tuning experience has been the best purchase I have made for this car yet.

Your car looks nice!!!! So are you stock turbos? What mods? dyno numbers?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #3
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
33
Rep
1,916
Posts

 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Nothing to be disappointed about, it was driver noobness at the strip and not the car that limited you from 11s. Thats an easy fix, you just need a few more trips to the track. If you can get like a 1.9 60 you'll def be in the 11s. Problem is that was an ideal DA day which will be going away soon with spring around the corner. Good runs though
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
JStang
N54 ADDICT
JStang's Avatar
48
Rep
3,049
Posts

 
Drives: FBO E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster335 View Post
Your car looks nice!!!! So are you stock turbos? What mods? dyno numbers?
Thanks! Turbos are the originals with 59k miles on them. Mod List:

PTF Cobb Pro Tune - E45
AR DP's
ETS 5" FMIC
Dinan Free Flow Exhaust
BMS DCI's

I haven't been to the dyno since the stage 1 tune but I am guessing that I am around +/- 420 whp.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
R.G.
Lieutenant
R.G.'s Avatar
6
Rep
588
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In my sub conscious

iTrader: (9)

Nice numbers (cars beautiful too). Youre name sounds like something out of Miami Vice, being in "Gods waiting room" it matches well!

Are you running stage 2+ pro tuned? Edit*NM see you are in the sig* Hows the car been acting on E45 after the pro tune or do you just use that map on track days?

Congrats on the numbers dude

Last edited by R.G.; 02-01-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
JStang
N54 ADDICT
JStang's Avatar
48
Rep
3,049
Posts

 
Drives: FBO E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
Nice numbers (cars beautiful too). Youre name sounds like something out of Miami Vice, being in "Gods waiting room" it matches well!

Are you running stage 2+ pro tuned? Edit*NM see you are in the sig* Hows the car been acting on E45 after the pro tune or do you just use that map on track days?

Congrats on the numbers dude
Thanks! The car behaves well on the E45 map with the exception of a rough cold start here and there.

Recently, I have been running the E45 map daily but once it is dialed in I will probably only run it on track days and every now and then for daily driving. I switched back to my PTF 93 pump map after the track last night and the power difference is night and day. The 93 map is definitely a better map for around town driving not to mention better mpg.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
135Pats
Turbo's Here
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
5,683
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

Are your running OE fueling/lpfp for the ethanol? Just curious if you're getting fuel mixture/lean codes at e45. I'm local to PTF so i've been thinking about getting some mapping done, but i'm not sure if I want to do that before going fully catless, which is an entirely different issue as i'm still under CPO. BTW those BBS look excellent on your car.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
51
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Very nice trap speeds!
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
JStang
N54 ADDICT
JStang's Avatar
48
Rep
3,049
Posts

 
Drives: FBO E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Are your running OE fueling/lpfp for the ethanol? Just curious if you're getting fuel mixture/lean codes at e45. I'm local to PTF so i've been thinking about getting some mapping done, but i'm not sure if I want to do that before going fully catless, which is an entirely different issue as i'm still under CPO. BTW those BBS look excellent on your car.
I am on the stock fueling system. You will not get any mixture codes if you are properly tuned. The only times I have gotten mixture codes is when I have had a few gallons of E85 blended with 93 on the OTS 93 pump map.

If I were you, I would wait until you have your bolt on mods complete before you get tuned so you don't have to go through the process again.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #10
BuraQ
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
BuraQ's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
3,211
Posts


 
Drives: 11" E92 335is
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [3.03]
Good runs and Pro tuning by Jake@PTF . Hope one day I can get you down here to PBIR for some runs
__________________
BQ Tuning by WedgePerformance - Torque Junkies
DCT 335is 121-122 mph in the 1/4 mile Stock Turbos / Full Weight
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
boostaholic786
Lieutenant
boostaholic786's Avatar
6
Rep
565
Posts

 
Drives: E92 JB4 G5 ISO RB's FBO+40%E85
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: irving tx

iTrader: (0)

Very impressed with your numbers buddy especially with your mods! Obviously you can tell that getting the car ProTuned with a proper E45 map REALLY makes a difference! I have the COBB accessport with the BMS flash and the JB4 G5 ISO running about a E-40 mix on a consistent basis. Seeing your times and considering your mods you make me want to go get my car ProTuned And there is a COBB facility about 15 min away from my place and I know they have someone that does there tuning for them. I'm just curious about the COBB BMS flash and the JB4 G5 ISO and being able to dial them in correctly. I should email Terry and ask him his opinion on this just be safe before I call COBB and schedule a PRO-TUNE
__________________
A/W E92 335i M-sport with JB4 G5 ISO/ E40 WEDGE PERFORMANCE BACKEND FLASH, Alpina TCU flash for AT/Switch-tronic +AR Downpipes, Stett gen 1 intake, Wagner-Tuning FMIC+RB Turbo setup/ RB PCV Valve+ Akro exhaust+60% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW coilovers, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@119mph on street tires) NO METH!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST