E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Mtech rear bumper and PDC

08-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
2turbodinan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93

Mtech rear bumper and PDC

Hey guys ...
I have my car at the shop right now with some parts that need to be painted and eventually installed. I purchased the mtech rear bumper from mod bargains, good quality bumper too, that has the located marks on the inside of the bumper. Talking to the body shop guy he informed me that usually with oem bmw bumpers they have a plate of some kind that is attached on the rear side of the bumper to hold the PDC. My bumper does not have those plates that he is referring too. Is this something he should be able to bypass by rigging something. Does anyone have experience in this area? I guess specifically people who have installed a mtech rear bumper purchased by mod bargains with PDC. Any suggestions Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
JunkStory
Major
Rep
Drives: naked.

The replica mtech rear doesn't support PDC. Notice that there are no little holes. You need to get the OEM one.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Will335i
The Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 07' 335i

Garage List
2007 335i e92  [0.50]
In to see if you can figure it out. I am thinking I am going to have to go OEM when I do it. See if they can use the PDC tabs off your stock bumper. GL
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
koruptiondblg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Titanium Silver E92

Dude all that has to be done is drill the holes for the Pdc sensors, buy the sensor brackets from tischer, (those adhere to the inside of the bumper), then use your original Pdc sensors. No need to go OEM just because you have pdc
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
JunkStory
Major
Rep
Drives: naked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koruptiondblg View Post
Dude all that has to be done is drill the holes for the Pdc sensors, buy the sensor brackets from tischer, (those adhere to the inside of the bumper), then use your original Pdc sensors. No need to go OEM just because you have pdc
You are right
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2turbodinan View Post
Hey guys ...
I have my car at the shop right now with some parts that need to be painted and eventually installed. I purchased the mtech rear bumper from mod bargains, good quality bumper too, that has the located marks on the inside of the bumper. Talking to the body shop guy he informed me that usually with oem bmw bumpers they have a plate of some kind that is attached on the rear side of the bumper to hold the PDC. My bumper does not have those plates that he is referring too. Is this something he should be able to bypass by rigging something. Does anyone have experience in this area? I guess specifically people who have installed a mtech rear bumper purchased by mod bargains with PDC. Any suggestions Thanks in advance.
Quote:
^+1 - you can simply have the body shop work this out by drilling the holes on the backside and to retrofit the PDC sensors in. It's definitely something that they'd be able to do for you Tony (and I'm guessing this is you)!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 01:06 AM   #7
2turbodinan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
^+1 - you can simply have the body shop work this out by drilling the holes on the backside and to retrofit the PDC sensors in. It's definitely something that they'd be able to do for you Tony (and I'm guessing this is you)!
How did you know? HAHA dead give away, huh? Yeah I am currently working with the body shop right now and the body shop made it seem harder than it seems. But doing a little research, it seems feasible... wouldn't say it is easy but he assured that they would get it done with a little elbow grease. Thanks for the response and the service dude. Alan and **********s are definitely recommended .... Also thanks for the response guys and the info.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 01:09 AM   #8
2turbodinan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info dude. :thump:
I'm new to molding. I put off the desire until it came to the inevitable ... Modding=addiction
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Great to hear..thinking of pulling the trigger on this..

"March 2012 Car of the Month"
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644184
RIP!! SOLD AUG 2012
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 01:34 AM   #10
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep
Drives: around aimlessly

Quote:
lol i find that people on here are not to creative when they run into a problem like this, everyone just says to get the right one instead of working with the one he has
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #11
koruptiondblg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Titanium Silver E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDeJ View Post
lol i find that people on here are not to creative when they run into a problem like this, everyone just says to get the right one instead of working with the one he has
I come from the old school VW scene so being creative is a must in order to get things to work. I also find that so many members on this forum bash on aftermarket body panels, like as if OEM was the ONLY way to go. I also feel some members believe that the more expensive the item, the better it is. Seriously, if something doesn't line up or fit right, well then make it fit right! Lets not be afraid to bust out some tools and get dirty once in a while.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
inrev`
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 335i m sport

Opps remove please.

Last edited by inrev`; 11-12-2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: remove please
Appreciate 0