E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Fog/mesh delete on non-M Sport E92?

08-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
dwells
ಠ_ಠ

Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Fog/mesh delete on non-M Sport E92?

Has anyone done a fog and/or mesh delete on the standard E92 bumper and replaced it with M3 or other ducting? I see it on the M Sport and M3 rep bumpers a lot, but never the standard one. I did some quick mockups on a forum member's car to see what it looks like:

Stock

Mesh delete

Mesh and fog delete

The full mesh and fog delete wound up looking a little weird to me, but I think just doing the mesh delete and putting some ducts in there would look good, if subtle.
      08-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder

Drives: 07' E92

Funny you posted this, I was having the same thoughts recently. Was thinking of doing a fog delete.

| Platinum Bronze Metallic | AA | VMR | ACS | DJApex Eurobox |
      08-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
dwells
ಠ_ಠ

Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanize View Post
Funny you posted this, I was having the same thoughts recently. Was thinking of doing a fog delete.
Let me know if you go through with it. I wish you didn't have to pull the whole bumper off to get to the mesh, otherwise I'd love to just pop them out and see how they look.
      08-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder

Drives: 07' E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Let me know if you go through with it. I wish you didn't have to pull the whole bumper off to get to the mesh, otherwise I'd love to just pop them out and see how they look.
For sure man, might check it out this weekend. See what it looks like, i was just thinking of fog delete, the mesh doesn't bother me, however they might have to go hand in hand.

| Platinum Bronze Metallic | AA | VMR | ACS | DJApex Eurobox |