Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


The Tire Rack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Which Spacers Would you Recommend?



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
e121c
Enlisted Member
3
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: 335i Black/Red Sports
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Taipei, Taiwan

iTrader: (1)

Which Spacers Would you Recommend?

have a 335I Sport. Not sure how it would look like with spacers and not sure which ones to buy. If someone can link me a URL it would be greatly appreciated !
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Verbiage
Fuck OT.
Verbiage's Avatar
Jamaica
3390
Rep
9,184
Posts

Drives: '17 F80 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: DMV

iTrader: (6)

Macht Schnell:

http://www.europeanautosource.com/in...9f4ff58f648438
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
This just in: @[Verbiage](contact:82449) is confirmed to be the most savage person on this site. Can't go into details but I will say, he is one smooth SOB. Haha
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Edward
Colonel
United_States
195
Rep
2,886
Posts

Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

I have Macht Schnell. They seem great and are very light.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
smaxon1
Private First Class
smaxon1's Avatar
1
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
I have Macht Schnell. They seem great and are very light.
Just intalled mine last week. Very nice.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
275
Rep
17,018
Posts

Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
We carry and have had success with H&R TRACK+ Spacers. We can package them together with extended bolts and do ship worldwide.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #6
HomeRun217
Private First Class
3
Rep
169
Posts

Drives: 2015 Tundra
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (1)

What are the biggest spacers you can run on an E92 335i without rubbing? Stock wheels/tires, without rolling fenders
__________________
2015 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD
2010 BMW 135i - Titanium Silver - Sold (still in the family!)
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
quattrosaint
Lieutenant
quattrosaint's Avatar
16
Rep
554
Posts

Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
We carry and have had success with H&R TRACK+ Spacers. We can package them together with extended bolts and do ship worldwide.
X2 for H&R TRACK+. On a side note I had a great experience with JleviSW
__________________
[size="2"]335 E92 Space Gray/Coral/Aluminum/6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
PeteW84
COBB'ed
PeteW84's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
2,230
Posts

Drives: 13 Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tinley Park, IL

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335i  [3.78]
Roque Engineering-->http://www.rogueengineering.com/rogue/WH/WSPACER.html
__________________


13 Mini Cooper S
08 E92 335i (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #9
arctic330i
Lieutenant Colonel
arctic330i's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
1,994
Posts

Drives: F15 35i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gainesville, Fl

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i E90  [4.04]
2013 BMW 335is  [5.00]
RS Tecknik are also good!
__________________
See my full mod list in my garage
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #10
Blindrage606
PC Enthusiast//Overclock.net
Blindrage606's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: e92 328i,2007
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeRun217 View Post
What are the biggest spacers you can run on an E92 335i without rubbing? Stock wheels/tires, without rolling fenders
+1. What kind of install would this req?
__________________

2007 e92 328i - 6MT/ iDrive/ Jet Black/ BlackLthr/ Style 197/ M3 Spoiler/ Intake scoops
Charcoal Delete/ BMW Prfmce Interior/ GPT 7500k's/ Black Grills/ Hardwired Radar
/ Mtec LED /Refector Delete /30%Tint/18mmRear/ WthrTech
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:44 AM   #11
pengful
Gearhead
pengful's Avatar
Singapore
2
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: E90 - 320i Black-on-black
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Eibach spacers for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #12
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
173
Rep
5,761
Posts

Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
We carry and have had success with H&R TRACK+ Spacers. We can package them together with extended bolts and do ship worldwide.
whats the difference between regular H&R spacers and H&R track spacers?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
JuppiOne
Captain
10
Rep
692
Posts

Drives: everyone crazy
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: MO

iTrader: (4)

I have turner motor sports spacers, no issue, perfectly hub centric, no vibration
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #14
Edward
Colonel
United_States
195
Rep
2,886
Posts

Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Just make sure you are getting larger than 10 mm spacers and you won't have any vibration/cracking issues. The stock hub has to be able to fit in the center of the spacer completely.

Otherwise do a stud conversion.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
275
Rep
17,018
Posts

Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm View Post
whats the difference between regular H&R spacers and H&R track spacers?
They are one and the same, H&R is the manufacturer, their spacers are called TRACK+ Spacers.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #16
remmib
General
remmib's Avatar
Norway
643
Rep
27,754
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

I've got Macht Schnell too, great spacers.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #17
swifty
Lieutenant Colonel
84
Rep
1,763
Posts

Drives: SO F80, Ghibli & Tesla 70D
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Just make sure you are getting larger than 10 mm spacers and you won't have any vibration/cracking issues. The stock hub has to be able to fit in the center of the spacer completely.

Otherwise do a stud conversion.

So if I go with 5 mm spacers it will vibrate. I have the 18" 313 rims (8.5/9.5) and I'm not sure if it will sit flush if I go with 10 mm. Does anyone here know. I can't seem to find the offsets for the 18s either.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
remmib
General
remmib's Avatar
Norway
643
Rep
27,754
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
So if I go with 5 mm spacers it will vibrate. I have the 18" 313 rims (8.5/9.5) and I'm not sure if it will sit flush if I go with 10 mm. Does anyone here know. I can't seem to find the offsets for the 18s either.
Assuming the OEM 18" 313 are like the other OEM 18" wheels, they're 18x8 ET34 and 18x8.5 ET37.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 04:12 AM   #19
Edward
Colonel
United_States
195
Rep
2,886
Posts

Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
So if I go with 5 mm spacers it will vibrate. I have the 18" 313 rims (8.5/9.5) and I'm not sure if it will sit flush if I go with 10 mm. Does anyone here know. I can't seem to find the offsets for the 18s either.
yea, remmib is right. They are definitely not 9.5 rears. I'm thought they might be 9 inch rears but it may be 8.5 rear 8 front like he said. I'd just search the forum because it has got to be posted up somewhere.

Regarding the 5 mm spacer, here's what I am almost positive will happen. I know that the stock hub is longer than 5 mm. So I don't see how it is possible for another hubcentric lip to protrude out from the spacer for your wheel to sit on. You will likely be forced to use the stock hub to mount the rim...and the hub will have less seating area because it is going through 5 mm of spacer. So you'll be left with maybe 5 mm total of hub sticking out from the center of the spacer. You may be able to properly mount and torque the rims down but I know a number of people experience problems with anything smaller than 10 mm. And if you're rocking stock rims, you can certainly go with 10mm at least. I am on 12 mm for example on all four corners with the oem 225M 19" wheels which are 8" front 9 " rear.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 04:25 AM   #20
PYSpeed.com
Major General
PYSpeed.com's Avatar
United_States
351
Rep
6,095
Posts

Drives: BC Forged Wheels
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (39)

The RS Technik (Push to the Edge) Lightening Pockets Design is one of the lightest out there and lighter is the key when you are on the track or just daily driving. Also the special Chamfered edges design on each piece allows quick and easy installation and removal. =)

I could be bias however.....

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 05:01 AM   #21
Brian@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
95
Rep
2,268
Posts

Drives: E36 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brea, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to Brian@bavarianx
RSD makes a pretty good one as well!

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #22
swifty
Lieutenant Colonel
84
Rep
1,763
Posts

Drives: SO F80, Ghibli & Tesla 70D
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
yea, remmib is right. They are definitely not 9.5 rears. I'm thought they might be 9 inch rears but it may be 8.5 rear 8 front like he said. I'd just search the forum because it has got to be posted up somewhere.

Regarding the 5 mm spacer, here's what I am almost positive will happen. I know that the stock hub is longer than 5 mm. So I don't see how it is possible for another hubcentric lip to protrude out from the spacer for your wheel to sit on. You will likely be forced to use the stock hub to mount the rim...and the hub will have less seating area because it is going through 5 mm of spacer. So you'll be left with maybe 5 mm total of hub sticking out from the center of the spacer. You may be able to properly mount and torque the rims down but I know a number of people experience problems with anything smaller than 10 mm. And if you're rocking stock rims, you can certainly go with 10mm at least. I am on 12 mm for example on all four corners with the oem 225M 19" wheels which are 8" front 9 " rear.
Thanks for the valuable info. Will defn do 10mm and 12 in the back. I read ppl were having issues with the smaller spacers in the front but I didn't understand why.

Also I'm interested in doing Muteki (http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...at=2173&page=1) closed end lugnuts. Will the bolts that come with spacers work with these closed lugnuts or do I have to go with open extended lugnuts.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:22 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST