E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2009+ Idrive USB MP3 playback problem after dealer update

02-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 335I Cpe

2009+ Idrive USB MP3 playback problem after dealer update

I just had a software update/recall on my car and they also updated the factory navigation/radio to a new software. This comes with the new "Office" feature under your Idrive.

I play my MP3s under a USB flash drive plugged under the center console.

After they upgraded the software, I noticed its more glitchy now. Here's what i noticed:

When you are playing an MP3 from your USB drive, and then you press the "Radio" button, the radio starts playing. Now when you press "CD\DVD" button on your Idrive center console, it switches back to USB but now the music is not playing. It's stuck.

In the old software, it would just play the mp3 song and continue playing where it left off.

The second annoying thing I noticed now is that each time you are selecting a song from your USB drive using the Idrive knob, it takes you to a submenu. You now have to back out of the submenu to play other songs.
      02-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep

Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post
I just had a software update/recall on my car and they also updated the factory navigation/radio to a new software. This comes with the new "Office" feature under your Idrive.

I play my MP3s under a USB flash drive plugged under the center console.

After they upgraded the software, I noticed its more glitchy now. Here's what i noticed:

When you are playing an MP3 from your USB drive, and then you press the "Radio" button, the radio starts playing. Now when you press "CD\DVD" button on your Idrive center console, it switches back to USB but now the music is not playing. It's stuck.

In the old software, it would just play the mp3 song and continue playing where it left off.

The second annoying thing I noticed now is that each time you are selecting a song from your USB drive using the Idrive knob, it takes you to a submenu. You now have to back out of the submenu to play other songs.
They flashed the wrong software. Go back to your dealer and have hem re-flash it.

The giveaway is the "office" entry that shouldn't be on an '09
Appreciate 0