E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Bike Riders in Here?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-26-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
194
Rep
4,727
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Bike Riders in Here?

Anyone else have a bike? Maybe we could get a ride going soon once the weather clears up and it warms up a bit? Need a change. Maybe we can organize a bike meet instead of a car meet? Wanted some opinions.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
MacR6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
217
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

2005 R6 here
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
194
Rep
4,727
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

2009 ZX-6R. Anyone else? We can't be the only two.....
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
HurtsMyWorld
Lieutenant
5
Rep
449
Posts

Drives: Black 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond VA

iTrader: (2)

Currently, 09 650 ninja :[
Coming in the next 2 months or so.....hopefully 09 R6
__________________
Procede, AFE Intake, AA BOV, Black Out Tail Lights, Black Grills, Black side reflectors, VMR V715s 19", VSRF Catless-DownPipes and FMIC. Coming soon - Metch rear bumper,, Oil Catch Can, and much more.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
194
Rep
4,727
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtsMyWorld View Post
Currently, 09 650 ninja :[
Coming in the next 2 months or so.....hopefully 09 R6
I love the 650. Look into the Ninja 6R as well. You won't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
HurtsMyWorld
Lieutenant
5
Rep
449
Posts

Drives: Black 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond VA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I love the 650. Look into the Ninja 6R as well. You won't regret it.
Not going to lie. I love the bike. Great in every area, but I want something faster. I push the ninja too hard. I was going to look into the 6r but I want to step away from kawaski. All of my buddies have triumphs daytona tripples but consitantly have problems. Typical. But great fast bikes. But I figured I'll get a yamaha since no one in my group has one. That and I love the look of the R6
__________________
Procede, AFE Intake, AA BOV, Black Out Tail Lights, Black Grills, Black side reflectors, VMR V715s 19", VSRF Catless-DownPipes and FMIC. Coming soon - Metch rear bumper,, Oil Catch Can, and much more.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
194
Rep
4,727
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtsMyWorld View Post
Not going to lie. I love the bike. Great in every area, but I want something faster. I push the ninja too hard. I was going to look into the 6r but I want to step away from kawaski. All of my buddies have triumphs daytona tripples but consitantly have problems. Typical. But great fast bikes. But I figured I'll get a yamaha since no one in my group has one. That and I love the look of the R6
Honestly, you can't go wrong with the big 4. I've ridden the R6, Gixxer 600, and even the 600RR from Honda(came very close) and neither of them come close to the feel of the 6R. Then again, you may not like the styling. People love the R6's styling. What color is your 650 and how much are do you want to let her go for? I may have a friend who's interested.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 02-28-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
MacR6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
217
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: VA

iTrader: (0)

I'm on my 5th yamaha 6. I had two old FZR 600 (precursor to the R6) and 3 R6. I love them. I have always been able to ride that bad boy into the ground. They never let me down. Never had a problem in 5 bikes.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 11:43 PM   #9
HurtsMyWorld
Lieutenant
5
Rep
449
Posts

Drives: Black 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond VA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Honestly, you can't go wrong with the big 4. I've ridden the R6, Gixxer 600, and even the 600RR from Honda(came very close) and neither of them come close to the feel of the 6R. Then again, you may not like the styling. People love the R6's styling. What color is your 650 and how much are do you want to let her go for? I may have a friend who's interested.
Its black on black with like 2,600 miles with some change I think. I'm trying to let it go for $4k
__________________
Procede, AFE Intake, AA BOV, Black Out Tail Lights, Black Grills, Black side reflectors, VMR V715s 19", VSRF Catless-DownPipes and FMIC. Coming soon - Metch rear bumper,, Oil Catch Can, and much more.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #10
B. Auberlin
Banned
0
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: w/ glowing rotors
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

2000 Duc 748 turned into 853 w/ heads tricked out. Bought it new, got bored of it quick, did the engine punch-out and totally love it now. Hardly ever ride it anymore but need to.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
icenight
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
223
Posts

Drives: 330xi
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern Virginia

iTrader: (0)

i'm down to ride, weather is starting to get nice
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #12
HurtsMyWorld
Lieutenant
5
Rep
449
Posts

Drives: Black 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond VA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenight View Post
i'm down to ride, weather is starting to get nice
Yeah I just pulled mine out sat. It needs a quick tune up though from sitting all winter.

Where does everyone live at?

Richmond Va here
__________________
Procede, AFE Intake, AA BOV, Black Out Tail Lights, Black Grills, Black side reflectors, VMR V715s 19", VSRF Catless-DownPipes and FMIC. Coming soon - Metch rear bumper,, Oil Catch Can, and much more.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #13
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
194
Rep
4,727
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtsMyWorld View Post
Its black on black with like 2,600 miles with some change I think. I'm trying to let it go for $4k
I think I have someone interested. I'll let you know. It's the perfect color also.

Is it in good condition? Any scratches? bruises? Been taken care of?

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 03-02-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #14
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
194
Rep
4,727
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacR6 View Post
I'm on my 5th yamaha 6. I had two old FZR 600 (precursor to the R6) and 3 R6. I love them. I have always been able to ride that bad boy into the ground. They never let me down. Never had a problem in 5 bikes.
My ZX-6R has been a handful for a brand new bike. R/R out at 500 miles, Battery went out at 800 miles, Spark Plug at 1,100 miles. I love my bike though. Looks, handling and sheer acceleration.

Can't wait till some more spring weather hits and I can put in my HID's and exhaust.

I'll schedule the event when the weather hits the 60's.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #15
HurtsMyWorld
Lieutenant
5
Rep
449
Posts

Drives: Black 07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond VA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
My ZX-6R has been a handful for a brand new bike. R/R out at 500 miles, Battery went out at 800 miles, Spark Plug at 1,100 miles. I love my bike though. Looks, handling and sheer acceleration.

Can't wait till some more spring weather hits and I can put in my HID's and exhaust.

I'll schedule the event when the weather hits the 60's.
Damn the way your going about the bike sounds like you have a Triumph! Don't get me wrong I love Triumph bikes, but we all know why they come with a 2 year warrenty. My friends has broken 6 times in less than 5 months. All electrical.
__________________
Procede, AFE Intake, AA BOV, Black Out Tail Lights, Black Grills, Black side reflectors, VMR V715s 19", VSRF Catless-DownPipes and FMIC. Coming soon - Metch rear bumper,, Oil Catch Can, and much more.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #16
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
United_States
194
Rep
4,727
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtsMyWorld View Post
Damn the way your going about the bike sounds like you have a Triumph! Don't get me wrong I love Triumph bikes, but we all know why they come with a 2 year warrenty. My friends has broken 6 times in less than 5 months. All electrical.
Small annoyances, but when it's running god is it a fun bike to ride.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #17
prican_2000
Enlisted Member
prican_2000's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoMd

iTrader: (0)

I'm currently looking for a Bike as we speak.

Located in SoMd (Waldorf) area.

Love the R6 and the Ninja 6R so one of them will likely make its way into the Garage.
__________________
A United States Marine:
"No better friend, no worse enemy."

BLACK 08 E90: 15% Tint, RE IKON Exhaust, Injen CAI, Blackline Tails, Black Kidney Grills, Depo Proj w/HID and AE, M5 Rep/Staggered Wheels. Pending: AUDIO Upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #18
Jkiech
Private
Jkiech's Avatar
0
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

03 r6 here. Down to ride if someone sets something up. Just ordered oil to "de-winterize" the bike
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 11:20 PM   #19
Laid Black 335i
BMW
Laid Black 335i's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
975
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i (6MT)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (7)

Just sold the GSXR 600
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #20
PiZauL
I6 + TT = FTW
23
Rep
815
Posts

Drives: 07 treetree5i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prican_2000 View Post
I'm currently looking for a Bike as we speak.

Located in SoMd (Waldorf) area.

Love the R6 and the Ninja 6R so one of them will likely make its way into the Garage.
My buddy is selling his Kawasaki ZX6R, its a gorgeous bike. I can PM you his contact info. (Now that you can get PM's lol )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laid Black 335i View Post
Just sold the GSXR 600
Same Sold mine about 3 weeks ago. But it allowed me to get into a 335 so kinda worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #21
2007335i
Lightly Modded...
2007335i's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
166
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (1)

07 GSXR 750 and 07 harley sportster...down to ride
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #22
prican_2000
Enlisted Member
prican_2000's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoMd

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZauL View Post
My buddy is selling his Kawasaki ZX6R, its a gorgeous bike. I can PM you his contact info. (Now that you can get PM's lol )
AHAHAHAHAH YES PM's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey yeah well you can either PM it to me or text him my info and have him send me some pics and more info

Thanks Buddy
__________________
A United States Marine:
"No better friend, no worse enemy."

BLACK 08 E90: 15% Tint, RE IKON Exhaust, Injen CAI, Blackline Tails, Black Kidney Grills, Depo Proj w/HID and AE, M5 Rep/Staggered Wheels. Pending: AUDIO Upgrade.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST