E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Edmonton, Alberta BMW dealerships!

02-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Paredster
Canada
Rep

Drives: E92 '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Edmonton, Alberta BMW dealerships!

Hey guys, I live in Edmonton, AB. I bought my car in November and have since taken it in for an oil service. I went to Edmonton BMW because their schedule was more open than Bavaria BMW. They did it and I went on a road trip to BC, when I got into BC my car said it needed and oil service 1200kms prior. So I took into the Victoria dealership and they said that they must have forgotten to reset the system. When I returned to Edmonton I took it in again so they would reset it, then they said it was up for a vehicle inspection? Then they said it wasn't necessary very often and just set the next required one for 2015...I found this odd. They insisted that it was not a necessary thing to do as often as the car was set to before...? The point of this thread is to see if I got taken for a ride, as well as if anyone has any input as to which is better for service...Bavaria BMW or Edmonton BMW.

Thanks
      02-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

You can check the service item due dates/mileages with iDrive or through the car's dash computer by using the lever on the turn signal stalk. See "Service Requirements" in your owner's manual for specifics.

You didn't give us your odometer reading, but the regular BMW mandated "Inspection" is due at 50,000 km and is independant of regular oil services There also may be provincial or local safety or emissions inspections and they may show up on the readout. If they are not required, then you can set the date far enough in the future that no warnings will appear - again, see your manual.

Living in MD, I only used Bavarian Autohaus once, about 10 years ago when my Z3's battery failed in the Rockies. They handled the repair very well and at reasonable cost.

Tom
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Paredster
Canada
Rep

Drives: E92 '07 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
You can check the service item due dates/mileages with iDrive or through the car's dash computer by using the lever on the turn signal stalk. See "Service Requirements" in your owner's manual for specifics.

You didn't give us your odometer reading, but the regular BMW mandated "Inspection" is due at 50,000 km and is independant of regular oil services There also may be provincial or local safety or emissions inspections and they may show up on the readout. If they are not required, then you can set the date far enough in the future that no warnings will appear - again, see your manual.

Living in MD, I only used Bavarian Autohaus once, about 10 years ago when my Z3's battery failed in the Rockies. They handled the repair very well and at reasonable cost.

Tom
Thank you for your reply, I makes sense now, my car is at 52,300kms now so it would have been hitting the 50,000km mark around that time. So then it's not a big deal that it was set so far into the future. Thanks again