Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > I have 6 wheels and 6 tires...I'm an idiot...long...

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Kiefermeister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i sedan

I have 6 wheels and 6 tires...I'm an idiot...long...

Okay, my lesson...be careful buying used...carefully inspect BEFORE shaking the hands to a trade/purchase/avoid stupid tire shops without proper training on low-pro tires. blah, blah...

Someone posted a while back, "I need 189s for my 19 VB3s." Straight up even trade. I'm like holy sh!t, really?! Had spent a ton my Mtech kit, so the 19s would complete the look without any more $ spent.

Repeatedly asked for pictures, but was told the wheels belonged to a friend, and couldn't get it. Two wheels have rashes. No TPMS. So, we met at a tire shop, all was good until when they got to the last rear wheel. The damn tech says, your wheel is cracked. WTF? Txt the original owner who says no way in hell, and they apparently looked at the wheels before the tires dismount to be intact. No issues. These techs were so incompetent, I was honestly getting worried about scuffs etc. The manager at the shop says it's holding air so good to drive home.

Went home, woke up to find a completely flat tire. Thanks to MWSCIRCLE, local member, I was able to borrow a spare to drive around. Original owner said repair the cracks (two cracks through the lip into the barrel). Research says hell no, repair can result in disaster. Contacted vendors for new VMR wheel to find out none were in stock. Lucky me, found nice used ones from a member, same color, but different offset and size, so had to buy both.

Got the new wheel, and tried to mount the tire from the cracked rim at local tire shop (Bear's), not the original shop. This shop was recommended by many locally. The tech comes out and says the nearly new Toyo proxes tire has a large tear at the beads, shows it to me. I wanted to stab myself for doing this. Also found out the "Toyo" tires at the front turned out to be Fullway tires from China. WTF! Can't live with that. Should have looked more carefully, instead of just trusting people. That's all on me.

So, sucked it up and bought new Michelin PS2s. Mounted, and I have a legit spare with tire, cracked rim, and two POS but new fullway tires, sitting in the garage. Cost me over $1000. Might as well have bought new rims with proper tires since the traded front VM3s (just fronts now since rears look new from used purchase not from trade) look like sh!t. Oh yeah, and to top it off, my 189s with RTFs...almost forgot.

I hate myself. I'm an idiot. Please call me names. But wanted to share cause I need to get spanked.

Oh make that 8 tires. lol. 2 fullways, 4 michelins, 2 toyos.

Last edited by Kiefermeister; 02-26-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
Babydragon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 328xi

Stupid head!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
mycoupe
Banned
Rep

Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

yeah, you could have used that money to get yourself a dominatrix to spank you and make you feel bad
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
Kiefermeister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i sedan

^haha. Love it. That would've been worth it.
Appreciate 0