E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Nurburgring Trips 2011

04-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #45
magic77
Colonel

Drives: 320

I'm all booked for the first weekend of July will be there Sat PM and Sunday all day, if anyone else wants to join us feel free

Titanium Silver E90 LCI 320D M Sport Saloon
- Logic 7/ USB Connectity and Bluetooth/ Visibility Pack (Xenons, Adaptive Lights,Auto Wipers Lights and Corner Lights) / Sun Protection Glass/M Spoiler / Brake Ducts / BMW Performance Pack / BBS Wheels / SS Cat Back straight through with BCS Backbox
      04-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #46
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
Tell us a bit more about that BMW training. From what I know they only do their M trainings and you can't take your own car but are given an M3 to drive. Which is why I was never interested in that sort of training, because I want to drive my own car (which is probably faster anyway than their stock M3). Will you drive your own then?
I will do the training in a M3 Really curious how the car will compare to my 335. I was heavily impressed with the M3 when I drove it on Mugello last year!
Reason I do this is insurance. The Swiss insurance is real tricky, so I decided not to drive hard anymore on the Ring with my own car. Maybe a few laps for fun, but no BTG under 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
I'll try to be there on the 10th of May in the afternoon, as the track is open to the public between 5.15 p.m. and 7.30 p.m. and includes the Grand Prix track combined with the Nordschleife (I've never driven that). People that have already driven there told me it's a bit strange because the two circuits are completely different and usually also make different setups necessary. The Grand Prix circuit is also much much harder on the brakes than the Nordschleife. But maybe we could meet up then?
Alpina_B3_Lux
I am currently checking what to do exactly. I think I will arrive with my own car on Tuesday afternoon, also to drive a few "long" laps. But as the rest of the group (7 others) arrive somewhere in the afternoon as well I will check what the planing for the evening is. There is a diner and a theory session planned, no idea about the exact timing though.
      04-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #47
335rocks
Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Been there since Wednesday. The track was nice and empty on Thursday and I managed to get in 6 laps in a 2 hours. 4 was back to back and the car felt really nice, lap after lap and the brakes were fine. For every lap I was braking less and less so I feel i'm getting to know the track better.

Saturday was a lot more busy and the track opened really late. It was supposed to open at 16.30, but the recovery of all the broken race cars from the RTN race took a lot longer so it opened a 1 hour late and we only managed 2 laps in an open/closed session. Basically a lap and back to a red light. Eventually the bikers were banned from going on track.

We'll be back tomorrow if anyone is around. Look for a black de-badged 335 and a black Focus ST on UK plates if you are around.

Hopefully Alpina_B3_Lux will turn up tomorrow.

I'll post some videos later.
335rocks is offline   United Kingdom
      04-17-2011, 07:37 AM   #48
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 1M Coupe

anybody there with Eastern?
      04-18-2011, 04:06 AM   #49
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel

Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rocks View Post
Been there since Wednesday. The track was nice and empty on Thursday and I managed to get in 6 laps in a 2 hours. 4 was back to back and the car felt really nice, lap after lap and the brakes were fine. For every lap I was braking less and less so I feel i'm getting to know the track better.

Saturday was a lot more busy and the track opened really late. It was supposed to open at 16.30, but the recovery of all the broken race cars from the RTN race took a lot longer so it opened a 1 hour late and we only managed 2 laps in an open/closed session. Basically a lap and back to a red light. Eventually the bikers were banned from going on track.

We'll be back tomorrow if anyone is around. Look for a black de-badged 335 and a black Focus ST on UK plates if you are around.

Hopefully Alpina_B3_Lux will turn up tomorrow.

I'll post some videos later.
Sorry I couldn't make it mate! But I'm looking forward to seeing you next time - won't be the only trip you'll make to the 'Ring!

Alpina_B3_Lux
      04-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #50
335rocks
Lieutenant

Definitely not the last time I'm going this year. Sunday was very enjoyable and surprisingly quiet. I don't think the track was closed for any time during the day. I had several laps late in the afternoon where I only saw a few cars. I'm sure the Easter weekend will be a lot more busy and packed with people.

The weekday ones are great when the car park looks like this:
Name:  IMG_0194.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  56.7 KB

On Sunday there were plenty of people hanging around in the car park, but not many going out. So a great atmosphere, but quiet on track.

I need to sort out some new pads soon as the CBS numbers didn't like my driving. Perhaps doing 4 back to back laps twice during the trip was a bit hard on them.
Not including the 6 laps I did on Thursday, the numbers in iDrive went down 5000-6000 miles in 9 laps over two days:

Fronts: 7000 -> 2100 miles
Rears : 11000 -> 5000 miles

The front numbers have started to climb a bit again, but I'll have a good look all around tomorrow and give the pads and discs a good clean. The outside pads looks okay, so unless the inside looks worse there should still be some meat left in them.
Anyway I really enjoyed the week and the wear rate on the pads shows that I must have had fun.

It won't be long before it's decision time..... same again, APs on front or something else...
Buying APs are quite tempting as it would be great to have a bit more bite as the standard pads felt a little vague on lap 3-4.
      04-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #51
335rocks
Lieutenant

As promised, a few videos from the RCN race on Saturday. It was quite nice to see different parts of the track even thou all were not as easy to access.