E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FRM ECU has no Tail light options (incl. TRC file)

02-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2010 e92

FRM ECU has no Tail light options (incl. TRC file)

Hey everyone, I cannot figure this out. I put in some LCI tails, and I'm trying to code them out now. I've hit a road block, and I have a few questions. Here's exactly what I have and my steps until then:

2010 e92. Production date 10/2009. NCS version 4.0.1. I don't know what my FRM is.

1. load profile Expertmode
2. F1 FG/ZCS/FA
3. F3 ZCS/FA f. ECU >>> E89 chassi >>> NFRM. (I get an option for CAS, FRM, and NFRM here. Can someone explain to me what the difference is between FRM and NFRM? I can't seem to find a clear difference between the two. )
4. F6 back
5. F4 process ECU >>> NFRM >>> Enter SGET Data: Of note, in CBD Name it says FRM2_E89.C08 >>> Click OK
6. F4 Read ECU
7. Of note, AFTER it reads, one of the JOBNAME files changes to this:
FRM3_E89.C31, A_PL2FRX.IPO, FRM_70.PRG

The last two stay the same, but it changes from FRM2_E89.C08 to FRM3_E89.C31. I don't know what this change means after reading the ECU.

Now here is where I hit a jam. This is the .trc file that I get upon reading the NFRM: See attachment.

The options that I'm looking to code out can't be found in it. The KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BL, WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H, etc.

I've read that if I have FRM3, I only need to add a line to the VO. I have no idea what module I have. I can't figure out why all of the lines are missing from my ECU read out.

What do you guys think? Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt NFRM original FSW_PSW.TRC.txt (35.8 KB, 71 views)
oldbmwreader is offline   United_States
      02-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
ptpending
Private First Class

Drives: e91

get free NCSDummy tool, it help you with coding options translations for your FRM
FRM - FRM1(FRMFA)
NFRM - FRM2 FRM3
      02-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
cryptomit
Second Lieutenant

Drives: owned 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwreader View Post
Hey everyone, I cannot figure this out. I put in some LCI tails, and I'm trying to code them out now. I've hit a road block, and I have a few questions. Here's exactly what I have and my steps until then:

2010 e92. Production date 10/2009. NCS version 4.0.1. I don't know what my FRM is.

1. load profile Expertmode
2. F1 FG/ZCS/FA
3. F3 ZCS/FA f. ECU >>> E89 chassi >>> NFRM. (I get an option for CAS, FRM, and NFRM here. Can someone explain to me what the difference is between FRM and NFRM? I can't seem to find a clear difference between the two. )
4. F6 back
5. F4 process ECU >>> NFRM >>> Enter SGET Data: Of note, in CBD Name it says FRM2_E89.C08 >>> Click OK
6. F4 Read ECU
7. Of note, AFTER it reads, one of the JOBNAME files changes to this:
FRM3_E89.C31, A_PL2FRX.IPO, FRM_70.PRG

The last two stay the same, but it changes from FRM2_E89.C08 to FRM3_E89.C31. I don't know what this change means after reading the ECU.

Now here is where I hit a jam. This is the .trc file that I get upon reading the NFRM: See attachment.

The options that I'm looking to code out can't be found in it. The KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BL, WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H, etc.

I've read that if I have FRM3, I only need to add a line to the VO. I have no idea what module I have. I can't figure out why all of the lines are missing from my ECU read out.

What do you guys think? Thanks.
Change these parameters as follow:

KALTUE_BL_M2_43_M2_9
nicht_aktiv
KALTUE_BFD_M1_5_M1_37
nicht_aktiv
KALTUE_FRA_H_M2_45_M1_12
nicht_aktiv

WARMUE_BFD_M1_5_M1_37
nicht_aktiv
WARMUE_BL_M2_43_M2_9
nicht_aktiv
WARMUE_FRA_H_M2_45_M1_12
nicht_aktiv

Good luck.
      02-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #4
dwells
ಠ_ಠ

Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Chances are that you have an FRM3. If so, skip the hack method of manually disabling the bulb checks. Instead, just at +MUH2 to your VO, then recode the CAS and FRM modules.
| E92 335i coupe | Monaco Blue | Cream beige Dakota leather | Premium package, sport package, technology package, comfort access | Style 313M | Huper 40% tint | GP Thunder II 8500K angel eyes | Smoked LED sidemarkers | Painted reflectors | Rear fogs | Amber light delete, digital speedo, remote windows, other coding |
dwells is offline   United_States
      02-11-2014, 01:43 AM   #5
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member

update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Chances are that you have an FRM3. If so, skip the hack method of manually disabling the bulb checks. Instead, just at +MUH2 to your VO, then recode the CAS and FRM modules.
I gave this a shot. I coded +MUH2 to both the CAS and FRM, but when I turned the car on I got no noticable effect. All 4 error's still came up on the dash. Is there any software that can tell me if I have an FRM3? Other than tearing the dash of my car apart, which isn't going to happen because its -10 degrees, I have no way of knowing what module I even have.

So assuming I don't have FRM3, and that I did this right (both things which I'm not sure of), editing VO didn't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
Change these parameters as follow:

KALTUE_BL_M2_43_M2_9
nicht_aktiv
KALTUE_BFD_M1_5_M1_37
nicht_aktiv
KALTUE_FRA_H_M2_45_M1_12
nicht_aktiv

WARMUE_BFD_M1_5_M1_37
nicht_aktiv
WARMUE_BL_M2_43_M2_9
nicht_aktiv
WARMUE_FRA_H_M2_45_M1_12
nicht_aktiv

Good luck.
I tried this next. It cleared up the 116 and 124 codes. I'm still getting the 134 and 136 codes. The hyper flashing is gone now though. Which ones code out the 134 and 136? These are listed as Left and Right brake light.

It seems like nobody has a trace file that looks like mine. It has kind of complicated my research but I'm getting it one day at a time.
      02-11-2014, 06:16 AM   #6
cryptomit
Second Lieutenant

Drives: owned 330i

Ok, try this in addition:

CC_MELDUNG_BFD_L
nicht_aktiv
CC_MELDUNG_BFD_R
nicht_aktiv
CC_MELDUNG_BL_L
nicht_aktiv
CC_MELDUNG_BL_M_1
nicht_aktiv
CC_MELDUNG_BL_R
nicht_aktiv
      02-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #7
dwells
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
I gave this a shot. I coded +MUH2 to both the CAS and FRM, but when I turned the car on I got no noticable effect. All 4 error's still came up on the dash. Is there any software that can tell me if I have an FRM3? Other than tearing the dash of my car apart, which isn't going to happen because its -10 degrees, I have no way of knowing what module I even have.

So assuming I don't have FRM3, and that I did this right (both things which I'm not sure of), editing VO didn't work for me.
Just editing the VO on its own won't be enough. You'll need to "restore defaults" essentially for the FRM and have it coded according to the newly updated VO. Unfortunately I don't have a link handy, but there is a guide out there for it. Using a blank .MAN file is the wrong way to do it, though.

Also, I believe all 2010s had the FRM3. You could physically access the FRM to see the version on it. If it is somehow a FRM2, I believe +MUEB is the VO code for the taillight retrofit.
| E92 335i coupe | Monaco Blue | Cream beige Dakota leather | Premium package, sport package, technology package, comfort access | Style 313M | Huper 40% tint | GP Thunder II 8500K angel eyes | Smoked LED sidemarkers | Painted reflectors | Rear fogs | Amber light delete, digital speedo, remote windows, other coding |
      02-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #8
oldbmwreader
Enlisted Member

another update

You guys are absolutely genius. Thanks a million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
Ok, try this in addition:

CC_MELDUNG_BFD_L
nicht_aktiv
CC_MELDUNG_BFD_R
nicht_aktiv
CC_MELDUNG_BL_L
nicht_aktiv
CC_MELDUNG_BL_M_1
nicht_aktiv
CC_MELDUNG_BL_R
nicht_aktiv
I tried this, and it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Just editing the VO on its own won't be enough. You'll need to "restore defaults" essentially for the FRM and have it coded according to the newly updated VO. Unfortunately I don't have a link handy, but there is a guide out there for it. Using a blank .MAN file is the wrong way to do it, though.

Also, I believe all 2010s had the FRM3. You could physically access the FRM to see the version on it. If it is somehow a FRM2, I believe +MUEB is the VO code for the taillight retrofit.
I felt like I was missing a step, and you were right I forgot to restore the defaults to the FRM after putting in the MUH2 VO. So I went back and added the MUH2 to the VO for CAS and FRM. Then I restored the FRM to default installation with the new VO, and it worked perfectly. No errors across the board and no hyperflashing with the turn signals.

Thanks for the help you guys I couldn't have done it without your helpful posting.
      02-12-2014, 02:04 AM   #9
dwells
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
I felt like I was missing a step, and you were right I forgot to restore the defaults to the FRM after putting in the MUH2 VO. So I went back and added the MUH2 to the VO for CAS and FRM. Then I restored the FRM to default installation with the new VO, and it worked perfectly. No errors across the board and no hyperflashing with the turn signals.

Thanks for the help you guys I couldn't have done it without your helpful posting.
High five! Glad to hear everything worked out. One of these days I'll have to actually get a set of LCI tails for myself...
      02-15-2014, 11:45 PM   #10
Imperator
Major

Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
I found this thread recently attempting to code my 2010 E92 (also with a FRM3) and am in the exact same boat. I suspect I missed a step when adding the VO...

Why don't the other threads describe this process of restoring the FRM to defaults after adding the VO? What is the procedure-- change the job to "SG_CODIEREN?" Do you have to perform this on the FRM, NFRM or CAS?

I assumed the only way to revert to defaults is to code with a blank .MAN file but I see that's not the case here. What did I do wrong?
Imperator is offline   United_States
      02-16-2014, 12:00 AM   #11
joepcrepairs
Banned

Drives: 09 e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
I found this thread recently attempting to code my 2010 E92 (also with a FRM3) and am in the exact same boat. I suspect I missed a step when adding the VO...

Why don't the other threads describe this process of restoring the FRM to defaults after adding the VO? What is the procedure-- change the job to "SG_CODIEREN?" Do you have to perform this on the FRM, NFRM or CAS?

I assumed the only way to revert to defaults is to code with a blank .MAN file but I see that's not the case here. What did I do wrong?
to restore a module back to factory setting

load profile (EXpermode)
f1
f3
choose e89 chasis
press back
then choose ecu (the one you want to reset)
now cliick on execute job.. then youre done..
this is how you reset a module

by the way i was looking on previoss comments you asked what to choose after you press f1 ,f3 then you see a window pop up showin cas,fmr, etc,, you always choose CAS , just to let you know
joepcrepairs is offline   United_States
      02-16-2014, 01:03 AM   #12
Imperator
Major

Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Thanks! By the way, does this procedure reset any specific coding options that may have been previously written? ...Things like Euro corners, Follow Me Home lights, double-blink hazards, etc.
Imperator is offline   United_States
      02-16-2014, 03:13 AM   #13
joepcrepairs
Banned

Drives: 09 e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
Thanks! By the way, does this procedure reset any specific coding options that may have been previously written? ...Things like Euro corners, Follow Me Home lights, double-blink hazards, etc.
yes it does reset all the coding so you will have to recode
joepcrepairs is offline   United_States