E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMS Power Box vs. The Bavarian Sprint Booster vs. Active Autowerke Performance Softwa

03-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
applebimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i

Lightbulb BMS Power Box vs. The Bavarian Sprint Booster vs. Active Autowerke Performance Softwa

BMS Power Box vs. The Bavarian Sprint Booster vs. Active Autowerke Performance Software

BMS Power Box promises up to 10+ Horsepower and 10+ lb-ft Torque.

The Bavarian Sprint Booster promises crisper acceleration on tap, dramatically improving response time and your overall driving experience. (In other words, "Yee-haw!!!").

Active Autowerke Promises increased the horsepower and torque by 15 and 12 respectively.

The BMS Power Box is listed for $279.0, the Bavarian Sprint Booster is listed for $299.99…, and Active Autowerke Performance Software is listed at $399.00

Which is more fun? Honestly, for those who have the “box” is there really! Any gain at all. Is the Active Autowerke Performance Software superior?

Please chime in with your opinions… I am confused on which on to choose…
      03-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebimmer View Post
BMS Power Box vs. The Bavarian Sprint Booster vs. Active Autowerke Performance Software

BMS Power Box promises up to 10+ Horsepower and 10+ lb-ft Torque.

The Bavarian Sprint Booster promises crisper acceleration on tap, dramatically improving response time and your overall driving experience. (In other words, "Yee-haw!!!").

Active Autowerke Promises increased the horsepower and torque by 15 and 12 respectively.

The BMS Power Box is listed for $279.0, the Bavarian Sprint Booster is listed for $299.99…, and Active Autowerke Performance Software is listed at $399.00

Which is more fun? Honestly, for those who have the “box” is there really! Any gain at all. Is the Active Autowerke Performance Software superior?

Please chime in with your opinions… I am confused on which on to choose…
AA. Nothing else comes close.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
applebimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The proof is in the pudding! How do you know?
      03-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #4
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebimmer View Post
The proof is in the pudding! How do you know?
I owned them all that's how I know.

Had a sprint booster. It piggybacked onto my gas pedal and hacked the throttle. I could floor the pedal and get the same response. Sold.

Had a BMS powerbox. Same thing but piggybacked onto the ECU. Messed with a few air / fuel ratios to do the same thing sprint booster did with a little extra, but the ECU "learned" of the new values after awhile and compensated, much like a Skynet Neural-net processor. Sold.

Have an AA tune. The tune FLASHES the ECU. The ECU behaves like the tune tells it to, and never reverts. HP is gained, throttle and valve timing is tweaked, air/ fuel ratio as well. Smooth and consistent power delivery through all power bands, not just some jerky Toyota pedal feel. I don't, nor do I have a need, for dynos, but if you you'll find some folks who did.

Good luck with your choices!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
applebimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
I owned them all that's how I know.

Had a sprint booster. It piggybacked onto my gas pedal and hacked the throttle. I could floor the pedal and get the same response. Sold.

Had a BMS powerbox. Same thing but piggybacked onto the ECU. Messed with a few air / fuel ratios to do the same thing sprint booster did with a little extra, but the ECU "learned" of the new values after awhile and compensated, much like a Skynet Neural-net processor. Sold.

Have an AA tune. The tune FLASHES the ECU. The ECU behaves like the tune tells it to, and never reverts. HP is gained, throttle and valve timing is tweaked, air/ fuel ratio as well. Smooth and consistent power delivery through all power bands, not just some jerky Toyota pedal feel. I don't, nor do I have a need, for dynos, but if you you'll find some folks who did.

Good luck with your choices!
Thanks SDeFranco1, that's some good pudding... lol... I am going to look into this a little further, my mind is made up on choice...
      03-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
Raine
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60

AA Tune > BMS PBX >>> Sprint Booster
      03-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: BMW Duh

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
I agree with Raine, the Active setup is a custom tune that offers much more flexibility and potential power gains as it can take into account bolt on mods. The others are solid systems but are off the shelf standard tunes that are not customized per vehicle.
Appreciate 0