E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding Injectors?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
fisherbln
Captain
8
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

Coding Injectors?

I'm still waiting on my cable in the mail. In the mean time, I'm curious if anyone has been able to code injectors yet?
__________________
2007 335i SG Coupe
2009 128i AW
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
140
Rep
1,554
Posts


Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Sakhir Orange
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherbln View Post
I'm still waiting on my cable in the mail. In the mean time, I'm curious if anyone has been able to code injectors yet?
What kind of coding are you talking about?

If the DME has options for controlling the injectors in the coding, it might be possible but I kinda doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
fisherbln
Captain
8
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
What kind of coding are you talking about?

If the DME has options for controlling the injectors in the coding, it might be possible but I kinda doubt it.
New injectors have to be coded when they are replaced (or moved from cylinder to cylinder for that matter). The DME needs to be programmed for a long code that is written and barcoded on each injector. You can't just replaced them and be done with it. Rumor has it that BavTech is working on adding the feature, but at present only the dealer can do it.
__________________
2007 335i SG Coupe
2009 128i AW
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
140
Rep
1,554
Posts


Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Sakhir Orange
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherbln View Post
New injectors have to be coded when they are replaced (or moved from cylinder to cylinder for that matter). The DME needs to be programmed for a long code that is written and barcoded on each injector. You can't just replaced them and be done with it. Rumor has it that BavTech is working on adding the feature, but at present only the dealer can do it.
Ah, that makes more sense. Yes, with the cable you should be able to do that with INPA or DIS.

INPA is the diagnostics tool used by the BMW factory, it's not very user friendly but quite powerful.

DIS is the diagnostics tool used by the BMW dealerships, it's alot more user friendly and supports all diagnostics and service functions of the car.

DIS requires a little more setup because it's runs a unix based OS. There's multiple threads on other BMW forums on setting up DIS in VMWare and making it work with a USB/OBD cable.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
fisherbln
Captain
8
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Ah, that makes more sense. Yes, with the cable you should be able to do that with INPA or DIS.

INPA is the diagnostics tool used by the BMW factory, it's not very user friendly but quite powerful.

DIS is the diagnostics tool used by the BMW dealerships, it's alot more user friendly and supports all diagnostics and service functions of the car.

DIS requires a little more setup because it's runs a unix based OS. There's multiple threads on other BMW forums on setting up DIS in VMWare and making it work with a USB/OBD cable.
Thank you! That shouldn't a problem, I have well over a decade of linux administration experience.
__________________
2007 335i SG Coupe
2009 128i AW
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
140
Rep
1,554
Posts


Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Sakhir Orange
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherbln View Post
Thank you! That shouldn't a problem, I have well over a decade of linux administration experience.
Same here except mine's in the unix area (AIX, Solaris, Tru64 before HP killed it and it's predecessor Digital Unix), it's pretty easy to get setup since you'd have an understanding of networks and such.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
zeeman335
Lieutenant
zeeman335's Avatar
15
Rep
510
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (2)

Chek DIY forum for How to on coding injector. I did mine
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
M.Etreby
Private First Class
Egypt
1
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2011 Black Sapphire E90 330i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Egypt

iTrader: (0)

Can N52 engines be coded as well, on what basis would i put the new values in INPA?
__________________
M.Etreby

Perf.Gloss Black Grills, 18"287+Michelin, Perf.Exhaust with dimisatips, RPI red scoops, K&N filter, LUX-H8 160, Aluminum strut bar, PBX, Perf. Suspension.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
GenePoole
Lieutenant
14
Rep
534
Posts

Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brighton, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Etreby View Post
Can N52 engines be coded as well, on what basis would i put the new values in INPA?
N52 is not HPFP so I wouldn't think it's even possible let alone necessary.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
ctuna
Major General
91
Rep
5,036
Posts

Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca

iTrader: (0)

I have read the car adapts to the new injectors

Within a couple of days and the only thing the coding does it give it a base flow rate, which the computer then tweeks to were it wants it anyway based on driving conditions fuel etc etc..

Well I read/played the DIY and I guess I'm wrong the mj coding wouldn't change.

Last edited by ctuna; 03-19-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST