Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 359M (M3 ZCP) Wheels on E90 Fitment Thread (Lots of Pictures)



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #133
bulldog x6
Major General
65
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

iTrader: (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
I have a question.... why put larger with rims on the front of the car (9") and still run a 235 - 1 size larger than stock? (same goes for the rear).

Other than looks... it certainly looks nice... the front especially nice fitment on the 359.

Is there a performance benefit? I guess it increases the front track a bit.

I want more RUBBER on the front of the car - that demands a 9" rim - but I want a 255 or 265 on the front like Dinan has managed to do.

QUESTION: Has anybody tried to put a 255 on the 9" 359 and put that on the front of the car and see if it would fit? I believe you would need the M3 wishbones and camber plates for the added camber to do this.
you would certainly need additional camber and may need the front fenders pulled as well. The front rubbed notoriously when I had my car lower, even with 235s up front.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #134
Hedges
Major General
Hedges's Avatar
61
Rep
5,180
Posts

 
Drives: 12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (8)

So to go more agressive on the tires/rims you will need m3 cambers and m3 wishbones?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #135
NiVeDh
Major General
NiVeDh's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
8,014
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
I have a question.... why put larger with rims on the front of the car (9") and still run a 235 - 1 size larger than stock? (same goes for the rear).

Other than looks... it certainly looks nice... the front especially nice fitment on the 359.

Is there a performance benefit? I guess it increases the front track a bit.

I want more RUBBER on the front of the car - that demands a 9" rim - but I want a 255 or 265 on the front like Dinan has managed to do.

QUESTION: Has anybody tried to put a 255 on the 9" 359 and put that on the front of the car and see if it would fit? I believe you would need the M3 wishbones and camber plates for the added camber to do this.
There's actually a performance detriment compared to most other aftermarket wheels. The 359M's aren't exactly lightweight. I can definitely feel the weight, especially when driving aggressively.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #136
ShowTime12
First Lieutenant
ShowTime12's Avatar
7
Rep
301
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
I have a question.... why put larger with rims on the front of the car (9") and still run a 235 - 1 size larger than stock? (same goes for the rear).

Other than looks... it certainly looks nice... the front especially nice fitment on the 359.

Is there a performance benefit? I guess it increases the front track a bit.

I want more RUBBER on the front of the car - that demands a 9" rim - but I want a 255 or 265 on the front like Dinan has managed to do.

QUESTION: Has anybody tried to put a 255 on the 9" 359 and put that on the front of the car and see if it would fit? I believe you would need the M3 wishbones and camber plates for the added camber to do this.
I have a e90 330i and I think I can put a 255/35 up front without a problem at stock sport height but I like the slight stretch look of the 245/35. 328i and 330i have more room up front since there are no oil coolers like on 335i.


Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish335 View Post
you would certainly need additional camber and may need the front fenders pulled as well. The front rubbed notoriously when I had my car lower, even with 235s up front.
Where were your fronts rubbing when you dropped the car? I'm planning on dropping my car and have 245/35 in front.

Any more pics of your car from the front? I'm loving the M3 front without fogs. Might get that with a carbon fiber lip as my next mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #137
diablotoona
Enlisted Member
diablotoona's Avatar
1
Rep
38
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delray Beach,FL,USA

iTrader: (0)

So excuse my ignorance here but i read through the whole thread and i am still unsure if the M3 ZCP factory wheels/tires will require any additional modifications such as fender rolling on a stock E90 with the sport package.
I have a good deal on a set but i am not too keen on fender rolling.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #138
ShowTime12
First Lieutenant
ShowTime12's Avatar
7
Rep
301
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablotoona View Post
So excuse my ignorance here but i read through the whole thread and i am still unsure if the M3 ZCP factory wheels/tires will require any additional modifications such as fender rolling on a stock E90 with the sport package.
I have a good deal on a set but i am not too keen on fender rolling.
It's going to be hard to get OEM 359s to fit on an LCI e90. You will probably have to stretch rear tires, roll fenders (possibly pull), maybe camber rears more. Maybe check out the Avant Garde 359 reps if you don't want to do too much work to get wheels to fit.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #139
diablotoona
Enlisted Member
diablotoona's Avatar
1
Rep
38
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delray Beach,FL,USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTime12 View Post
It's going to be hard to get OEM 359s to fit on an LCI e90. You will probably have to stretch rear tires, roll fenders (possibly pull), maybe camber rears more. Maybe check out the Avant Garde 359 reps if you don't want to do too much work to get wheels to fit.
Thank you, yeah i have been checking out the Alufelgen CS7's, i know its an inferior wheel but for daily driving i think it will have to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #140
jpirelli
Power is nothing without control
jpirelli's Avatar
11
Rep
761
Posts

 
Drives: E90 + E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeast/Southwest

iTrader: (3)

Will these fit E92 rear with 275?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #141
Bee Pee
Captain
United Kingdom
10
Rep
861
Posts

 
Drives: F20 M135i auto EB2
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW London

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Bee Pee
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Finally... the photos you've all been waiting for (sorry, they're taken with my Evo so don't expect the best quality).

Some notes:
  • Tires are Bridgestone RE-11 245/35/19 and 275/30/19.
  • Fenders rolled (they slightly flared out too).
  • Car is dropped on Bilstein PSS9, pretty low. I had to raise the rear up a little bit from my previous setting to mitigate rubbing on bumps and inclines.
  • I need to get a tiny bit of negative camber dialed in to clear the little plastic protrusion where the rear fender and bumper meet.
  • Wheel color is "gunmetal steel pearlescent" powder coat.
  • The set-up is very flush. Perfect. The rears are an issue but not a big deal.
  • Don't hassle me about center caps. They'll go on tomorrow.


Let's start with a few extreme shots showing full compression on the right rear.









Fronts don't rub, even at full lock.





















Very close to the oil cooler grill but it still clears!



























Yes, the 275/30/19 tucks on full compression! Only issue is the corner where the bumper meets the fender. Some negative camber will get rid of the rubbing. I'm sure the plastic can be trimmed also. I just need maybe 1-2 mm of clearance.





Hi,

Bright looking AE, what type etc do you have?

Thanks,

Pave
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #142
NiVeDh
Major General
NiVeDh's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
8,014
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirelli View Post
Will these fit E92 rear with 275?
Not without a good fender roll. Lowered?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Dew View Post
Hi,

Bright looking AE, what type etc do you have?

Thanks,

Pave
OSS.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #143
i6HaRd
Inline Maniac
i6HaRd's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thumbs up

Very nice. Love the powder coat. Thinking about blasting and coating mine. BTw what angel eyes are you using? Are those headlights tinted?
__________________
2010 335i Coupe-HK Audio-20% Tint-AE CatBack-AFE D/Intake-M3 Kidnies-M Aero Lip-M Aero Spoiler-Tinted Lights-Amber Delete-ECS EyelidsM3 19" 359s on Continental ExtremeContacts
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #144
NiVeDh
Major General
NiVeDh's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
8,014
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by i6HaRd View Post
Very nice. Love the powder coat. Thinking about blasting and coating mine. BTw what angel eyes are you using? Are those headlights tinted?
Thanks! My headlights have OSS rings with blacked out housings. They are not tinted.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #145
i6HaRd
Inline Maniac
i6HaRd's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
5
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I see. I came to that conclusion after taking a closer look. Did you dobthe lights yourself? And how do you like those OSS...i read a thread on that other angel eye brand but idk...havent made a decision yet.
__________________
2010 335i Coupe-HK Audio-20% Tint-AE CatBack-AFE D/Intake-M3 Kidnies-M Aero Lip-M Aero Spoiler-Tinted Lights-Amber Delete-ECS EyelidsM3 19" 359s on Continental ExtremeContacts
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #146
NiVeDh
Major General
NiVeDh's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
8,014
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by i6HaRd View Post
I see. I came to that conclusion after taking a closer look. Did you dobthe lights yourself? And how do you like those OSS...i read a thread on that other angel eye brand but idk...havent made a decision yet.
Luis @ OSS did the work. I did not feel comfortable cracking the headlights open myself. They are really bright. I like them a lot!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #147
Singh97
Major
Singh97's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,032
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW X5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Just bought a set of OEM ZCP 359M wheels.... Will put them on a 08' E90 335i....I want to buy Michelin's pilot super sports tires... and the sizes I think will fit on stock sports suspension is 235/34/19 front and 265/30/19 rear.. i don't want to roll the fenders or anything.... any suggestions of what to do and what not to? I am also confused with tire sizes !!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #148
NiVeDh
Major General
NiVeDh's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
8,014
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhu View Post
Just bought a set of OEM ZCP 359M wheels.... Will put them on a 08' E90 335i....I want to buy Michelin's pilot super sports tires... and the sizes I think will fit on stock sports suspension is 235/34/19 front and 265/30/19 rear.. i don't want to roll the fenders or anything.... any suggestions of what to do and what not to? I am also confused with tire sizes !!
235/35/19 and 265/30/19 will be good for you. Rears might rub under extreme situations but you'll be fine 90% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #149
Singh97
Major
Singh97's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,032
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW X5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
235/35/19 and 265/30/19 will be good for you. Rears might rub under extreme situations but you'll be fine 90% of the time.

So Michelin pilot super sports are good... I have heard they are chunky..??
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #150
NiVeDh
Major General
NiVeDh's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
8,014
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhu View Post
So Michelin pilot super sports are good... I have heard they are chunky..??
Not compared to RE-11's.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 01:03 AM   #151
Singh97
Major
Singh97's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,032
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW X5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Not compared to RE-11's.
Compare to means in the sense chunkiness or performance ?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 01:40 AM   #152
NiVeDh
Major General
NiVeDh's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
8,014
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhu View Post
Compare to means in the sense chunkiness or performance ?
Both.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #153
Singh97
Major
Singh97's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,032
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW X5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
but I want to fit them on stock... so what tires do you suggest?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #154
NiVeDh
Major General
NiVeDh's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
8,014
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhu View Post
but I want to fit them on stock... so what tires do you suggest?
Not sure what you mean... You will be fine with any 235/35 for the front and 265/30 for the rear in terms of fitment.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST