E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > The Alpine Hi Fi Upgrade Group Buy 2011 (for cars built before March 2009)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #89
AdrianSi
Second Lieutenant
AdrianSi's Avatar
United Kingdom
5
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: E90 330d LCi MSport
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midlands, UK

iTrader: (1)

Im very interested in this. However im a new user and cant PM yet! I need to know if my car is compatible, as it's an LCi e90 330d on a 58 plate with i-drive professional (i believe) but definitely doesn't have tweeters.

Anneka do you have a mail address that i can send my VIN number to?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #90
penport
Surgeon General
1
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: E92 330i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Midlands

iTrader: (0)

1. Jozza66 - E92 - DIY
2. Khurmit @ Sytner - High Wycombe - Collect - Coupe
3. Penport - E92 - DIY
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 06:29 AM   #91
HB17
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: E91 Touring
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penport View Post
1. Jozza66 - E92 - DIY
2. Khurmit @ Sytner - High Wycombe - Collect - Coupe
3. Penport - E92 - DIY
4. HB17- E91 Touring - High Wycombe- Collect
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 09:20 AM   #92
Anneka @ Sytner
Anneka @ Sytner's Avatar
United Kingdom
44
Rep
834
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianSi View Post
Im very interested in this. However im a new user and cant PM yet! I need to know if my car is compatible, as it's an LCi e90 330d on a 58 plate with i-drive professional (i believe) but definitely doesn't have tweeters.

Anneka do you have a mail address that i can send my VIN number to?
Hi Adrian, you can email me securely at annekasanghera@sytner.co.uk, please pop your forum user name in your email so that I know it's you.

Thanks for your interest,
Anneka
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #93
Anneka @ Sytner
Anneka @ Sytner's Avatar
United Kingdom
44
Rep
834
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for your interest. Remember this list is for those of you who are interested in the deal for your pre March 2009 E9x's. Please note that the upgrade is not suitable to cars with factory upgraded loudspeaker systems nor for cars that have DAB.

Please keep the list going. If you can also start PM'ing me with your vehicle details (the last 7 digits of your VINS) I can start cross checking part numbers.

1. Jozza66 - E92 - DIY
2. Khurmit @ Sytner - High Wycombe - Collect - Coupe
3. Penport - E92 - DIY
4. HB17- E91 Touring - High Wycombe- Collect
5.
6.
7.
...
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #94
Anneka @ Sytner
Anneka @ Sytner's Avatar
United Kingdom
44
Rep
834
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V88TAC View Post
How much would it be for delivery to northern ireland??? B4 i put my name down cheers anneka
It shouldn't be any more expensive, £20 should cover delivery to NI.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #95
RJ10
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 3 series
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

1. Jozza66 - E92 - DIY
2. Khurmit @ Sytner - High Wycombe - Collect - Coupe
3. Penport - E92 - DIY
4. HB17- E91 Touring - High Wycombe- Collect
5. RJ10- E90 Saloon - High Wycome - Collect
6.
7.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #96
jozza66
Private
United Kingdom
0
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (2)

1. Jozza66 - Sunningdale - E92 - Collect/DIY
2. Khurmit @ Sytner - High Wycombe - Collect - Coupe
3. Penport - E92 - DIY
4. HB17- E91 Touring - High Wycombe- Collect
5. RJ10- E90 Saloon - High Wycome - Collect
6.
7.

Edit for dealership location.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #97
Ryan87
Private First Class
3
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: 325D M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somerset

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneka @ Sytner View Post
As requested, please find below details regarding the specification of the speakers in the Alpine Hi Fi kit:



Is there any info on how those stats compare with that of the standard speakers at all?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 05:02 AM   #98
AdrianSi
Second Lieutenant
AdrianSi's Avatar
United Kingdom
5
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: E90 330d LCi MSport
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midlands, UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneka @ Sytner View Post
Hi Adrian, you can email me securely at annekasanghera@sytner.co.uk, please pop your forum user name in your email so that I know it's you.

Thanks for your interest,
Anneka
Emailed
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #99
Anneka @ Sytner
Anneka @ Sytner's Avatar
United Kingdom
44
Rep
834
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

I'm really sorry to inform you all that upon assessment of the numbers, we can't get the unit cost (mouldings not included) to come lower than £307 including VAT.
This is higher than it was a few months ago when I introduced the thread. I've only had 5 people come back to me with VINS, so it really doesn't look like a group buy will be going ahead.

Anneka

Last edited by Anneka @ Sytner; 08-22-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #100
AdrianSi
Second Lieutenant
AdrianSi's Avatar
United Kingdom
5
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: E90 330d LCi MSport
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midlands, UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneka @ Sytner View Post
I'm really sorry to inform you all that upon assessment of the numbers, we can't get the unit cost (mouldings not included) to come lower than £327 including VAT.
This is higher than it was a few months ago when I introduced the thread. I've only had 5 people come back to me with VINS, so it really doesn't look like a group buy will be going ahead.

Anneka
how much will the mouldings be on top of that price? I thought these were part of the kit?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #101
Anneka @ Sytner
Anneka @ Sytner's Avatar
United Kingdom
44
Rep
834
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Mouldings will be an additional £40.47 for a Saloon/Touring or £20.91 for a Coupe/Convertible.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #102
V88TAC
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
4
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: 320D Msport E92
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N.Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Was talkin to the dealership in NI and he said the best he can do it for is£350 includin mouldings so think it will work out cheaper if i buy frm my dealer sorry guys for letting u's down!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #103
Rahul
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: E92 330i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bristol

iTrader: (0)

how much for it fitted? e92
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #104
Rahul
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: E92 330i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bristol

iTrader: (0)

if this group buy happens, count me in.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #105
AdrianSi
Second Lieutenant
AdrianSi's Avatar
United Kingdom
5
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: E90 330d LCi MSport
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midlands, UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
if this group buy happens, count me in.
Me also on the group buy...that would make 7.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #106
Anneka @ Sytner
Anneka @ Sytner's Avatar
United Kingdom
44
Rep
834
Posts

Drives: -
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Hi All,

Out of fairness to those who originally signed up, but who missed out due to lack of numbers, we won't be offering a group buy on this product again this year.

The best Alpine Hi Fi kit price we can supply currently is £307.70 including vat.
Mouldings will be an additional £40.47 for a Saloon/Touring or £20.91 for a Coupe/Convertible.
+ P&P. (Free collection from a Sytner BMW dealership.)

Please contact me for a quotation.

Thanks,
Anneka
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 04:46 AM   #107
khurmit
Second Lieutenant
khurmit's Avatar
United Kingdom
8
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: '07 335i & '07 530d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Berkshire, England

iTrader: (0)

I bought this over the weekend and installed it straight away - WOW it really is worth the money

At first I thought it was way too Bassy but then Anneka told me to adjust the EQ of my playing device (HTC Desire HD playing MP3s connected through aux in port in armrest) and now it's just spot on - I can select different EQs to keep the missus happy (she don't like too much Bass) and playing from CD is just spot on - good clarity, bass, vocals, treble etc.

Had to adjust the Fader/Balance for the rear speakers as they end up being unheard, but now the sound is perfect with treble -1, bass -3, faded to the rear -3 and "Latino" equalizer set on my phone.

If you are thinking about this, it is definitely worth the money. Most difficult part of the DIY is splicing into the original wiring in the passenger/driver side sills.

When doing it I would recommend buying extra fasteners for things like the door card/mouldings etc as inevitably when removing bits some break.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #108
AdrianSi
Second Lieutenant
AdrianSi's Avatar
United Kingdom
5
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: E90 330d LCi MSport
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midlands, UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khurmit View Post
I bought this over the weekend and installed it straight away - WOW it really is worth the money

At first I thought it was way too Bassy but then Anneka told me to adjust the EQ of my playing device (HTC Desire HD playing MP3s connected through aux in port in armrest) and now it's just spot on - I can select different EQs to keep the missus happy (she don't like too much Bass) and playing from CD is just spot on - good clarity, bass, vocals, treble etc.

Had to adjust the Fader/Balance for the rear speakers as they end up being unheard, but now the sound is perfect with treble -1, bass -3, faded to the rear -3 and "Latino" equalizer set on my phone.

If you are thinking about this, it is definitely worth the money. Most difficult part of the DIY is splicing into the original wiring in the passenger/driver side sills.

When doing it I would recommend buying extra fasteners for things like the door card/mouldings etc as inevitably when removing bits some break.
This is good news, as I'm still considering the purchase away from the group buy that doesn't seem to be occurring now.

What are the bass levels like when playing from CD or Radio sources? I have Prof HDD I-drive, so I tend to listen via the harddrive and usb rather than the aux in. My phone (HTC desire Z) doesn't have an equaliser either.

I'm guessing that there isn't a possibility of activating the L7 equaliiser without the full L7 set up??? My mother has a 120d with the L7 upgrade factory installed, the equaliser and sound quality is superb!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #109
khurmit
Second Lieutenant
khurmit's Avatar
United Kingdom
8
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: '07 335i & '07 530d M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Berkshire, England

iTrader: (0)

Having listened to a few CDs I can say that the Bass level is superb - it's prob the best way to listen for my setup, but I can't be ar$ed with having CDs in my car so will stick to using the phone. Radio Bass is OK, but you only get as good a sound as FM/AM can provide - I can imagine it being being better with DAB.

I can't comment on listening from HDD or USB as I don't have that functionality, and I also don't know about activating L7 EQ abilities.

DO IT! It's well worth it (but you'll have to get the kit for post '09 cars rather than the one in this thread).
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #110
AdrianSi
Second Lieutenant
AdrianSi's Avatar
United Kingdom
5
Rep
228
Posts

Drives: E90 330d LCi MSport
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Midlands, UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khurmit View Post
Having listened to a few CDs I can say that the Bass level is superb - it's prob the best way to listen for my setup, but I can't be ar$ed with having CDs in my car so will stick to using the phone. Radio Bass is OK, but you only get as good a sound as FM/AM can provide - I can imagine it being being better with DAB.

I can't comment on listening from HDD or USB as I don't have that functionality, and I also don't know about activating L7 EQ abilities.

DO IT! It's well worth it (but you'll have to get the kit for post '09 cars rather than the one in this thread).
My LCi actually falls into the Before March '09 category as it was registered Dec '08 Winner!

I currently have the Bass level at maximum and Treble up to nearly maximum to compensate for the lack of tweeters. I have in the past always upgraded the audio in my cars to improve the sound quality, however they wernt BMWs or cars of anywhere near the value of this!

I think i will go with the Alpine upgrade as it seems to be the best way of atleast upgrading the front speakers and getting the underfloor subs to pay attention!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
alpine hi fi, group buy

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST