E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Any Short Shift Kit for 328i X-drive?

03-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
woosolow
Private

Drives: Bmw 328xi

Any Short Shift Kit for 328i X-drive?

Hey guys,

I've been searchin around days & night, but i dont c any SSK for xi models, isn't it?

Any of u guys using SSK for their 328xi or 335xi?

i m driving e92 328i x-drive.
woosolow is offline   Canada
      03-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
AlpineSwift
Colonel

Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

I think based on what I remember most of the SSK's for other models (Minus M3) should work on the 328xi. I know BMW sells a complete kit with new boot and knob that is made for it as well as the 325, 335, and 330. There's so much info in the search about this that its hard to pinpoint which one has the shortest throw, the shortest lever, and still works well with the tranny.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP V2, ar design DP's, BMW PE w/Race Cats & Cyba Tips, VRSF CP w/Tial BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS DCI, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Alpina TCU Flash, Turner Boost Gauge, Fully Coded.
Tanya: The Build Thread
Dyno Sheets w/Current Mods
AlpineSwift is offline   United_States
      03-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
woosolow
Private

oh well, i called dealer this morning... by providing my VIN #, they confirmed that my 2009 328i x-Drive model is not able to install the SSK
      03-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
AlpineSwift
Colonel

LMAO

What-the-fuck-ever. Don't buy into the stealerships bullshit. getbmwparts.com
Go there and look under the performance category. Might have to be 07 or 08 but it'll be the same shit for the 09.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP V2, ar design DP's, BMW PE w/Race Cats & Cyba Tips, VRSF CP w/Tial BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS DCI, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Alpina TCU Flash, Turner Boost Gauge, Fully Coded.
      03-31-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
Adj5633
Private First Class

Drives: Screws

They say that the performance shifter won't fit but it does.

I have a 2010 328xi and I installed a bmw performance ssk for a 330i (if i'm not mistaken)

The P/N that I used is : 25 11 0 430 357
And I got it at my local dealership.

It fits and works great, it's a year I have it and I love it.

Only thing is you will have to install it yourself (dealer won't do it). It's actually quite easy. With the xi because of the transfer case, you can't do it from under the car. Instead you have to remove your trim and everything and then with some needle nose pliers pop in the circlip with the new shift lever. It's a tight fit but it's very manageable. I think there is a DIY somewhere on this forum for it. Also, a good tip is tie the circlip with some dental floss cause you will most likely drop it. That way you can pull it out easily.

Hope that helps
Adj5633 is offline   Canada
      04-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
woosolow
Private

WOW really?

do you mind to take a picture of your ride please? i want to make sure we r talking about the same thing.

Thanks in advance~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adj5633 View Post
They say that the performance shifter won't fit but it does.

I have a 2010 328xi and I installed a bmw performance ssk for a 330i (if i'm not mistaken)

The P/N that I used is : 25 11 0 430 357
And I got it at my local dealership.

It fits and works great, it's a year I have it and I love it.

Only thing is you will have to install it yourself (dealer won't do it). It's actually quite easy. With the xi because of the transfer case, you can't do it from under the car. Instead you have to remove your trim and everything and then with some needle nose pliers pop in the circlip with the new shift lever. It's a tight fit but it's very manageable. I think there is a DIY somewhere on this forum for it. Also, a good tip is tie the circlip with some dental floss cause you will most likely drop it. That way you can pull it out easily.

Hope that helps
      04-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Adj5633
Private First Class

We should be talking about the same thing if you mean the BMW performance oem ssk.

I will take some shots of it when I get a chance.
      04-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #8
AlpineSwift
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adj5633 View Post
We should be talking about the same thing if you mean the BMW performance oem ssk.

I will take some shots of it when I get a chance.
I believe that's what he was talking about unless his dealership sells Dinan products and thought he was looking for their $hit.
      04-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Adj5633
Private First Class

oem BMW performance SSK on e90 lci 328i Xdrive

Hey guys, here they are.

I took a couple shots to show you:

1: this is an xi note the HDC button on the console

2: the shifter is an oem performance BMW ssk kit

3: the boot fits and everything works great as you can see I took pictures of the shifter at extreme position i.e. (reverse and sixth gear)

notes: My car is a 2010 e90 328i Xdrive (LCI)
Also, I noticed the stitching on my boot is black, I have seen most of them in white stitching. I really have no Idea why mine is black but I like it cause I have the piano black trim. And yes this is the full kit installed, comprised of shift lever, boot, knob and new circlip. Also, it is a year I have it installed and never had any issues.

As mentioned before the part number to the kit I used is on top in this thread and for install I used a DIY on how to do it from in the car and on top of the tranny, because the XI transfer case is in the way on our cars. Therefore, it is impossible to install as BMW recommends it on an I model by underneath the vehicle. All in all, a very simple project.

Personal feelings: I love this mod, makes the car feel real sporty. I also have a performance exhaust which is the bomb. These two mods complement each other so great. In the near future I will be dropped on H&R sport and Bilstein shocks... But I digress lol

Hope this helps

Also, maybe this should be moved to the xi section? just a thought
Attached Images

04-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #10
woosolow
Private

looks sleek!!!