E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dyno pulls and logs :)

07-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
TotalBlackout
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 TiAg 335i

Dyno pulls and logs :)

Import alliance was just down the road from me this weekend and I've never had a car on a Dyno, so I went for it.

I'm happy with the results but would appreciate any input from the Pro log readers around here.

DYNO 1 393HP 439TQ

DYNO 2 400HP 451TQ

DYNO 3 401HP 449TQ
Attached Images

07-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
Zacm829

Drives: '07 335i Sport-With Mods

Awesome numbers! I'm not a master log reader, but it looks like a very successful session. 400whp and 450wtq on bolt ons is awesome. Makes me want to buy downpipes and an intercooler!
      07-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...

Drives: LCI 335i

Nice, I have essentially the same mods, are you stock fuel pump? What percent E85? And last question what Map were you on? Map 2 w/back end flash or Map 5 auto tuning?
Eat.Sleep.Race is offline   United_States
      07-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
evoix
Captain

Drives: blue 335 4 door

looks like a strong power band but why is the smoothing factor so high.
      07-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #5
TotalBlackout
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoix
looks like a strong power band but why is the smoothing factor so high.
I know nothing as it comes to dyno runs. Maybe since this guy is doing a tuner show on a mobile dyno, he sets it up different than an in house tuner would? I just followed his instructions and paid him.
      07-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
TotalBlackout
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat.Sleep.Race
Nice, I have essentially the same mods, are you stock fuel pump? What percent E85? And last question what Map were you on? Map 2 w/back end flash or Map 5 auto tuning?
I am running stock fueling system. The details are all in the log notes except my mixture, which should have been close to 50%. I usually run a 50/50 or fill up on 93.

Tune is only a JB4 G5 on map 5. No adaptation pulls prior to dyno pulls. Wanted to see if the adaptation would be represented in subsequent pulls.

Other mods are VRSF 5" stepped core, AR ********* DPs, BMS DCI, and JB4 Mobile App.
      07-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
11SEC
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i

Lol at jb4 mobile app.

Just say Jb4
      07-21-2014, 10:13 PM   #8
TotalBlackout
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SEC
Lol at jb4 mobile app.

Just say Jb4
Lol. I already stated tune and map in earlier paragraph (same post). Jb4 mobile app is a mod and I use it almost everyday. I used it easily and wirelessly to acquire the datalogs accompanying the dyno chart.
      07-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #9
11SEC
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalBlackout View Post
Lol. I already stated tune and map in earlier paragraph (same post). Jb4 mobile app is a mod and I use it almost everyday. I used it easily and wirelessly to acquire the datalogs accompanying the dyno chart.
I have it too but I wouldn't say it's a mod lol.

It doesn't modify anything, just a smaller laptop basically.

Well, I guess you could say its a phone mod lol but not a car mod.
      07-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #10
Zach1328
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 535i / 2007 335i

Impressive numbers for no meth! Makes me want to rush my DP's and FMIC purchase, but I'm trying to spread my mods out over time.
So far my patience is winning, but my greed for more power is starting to kick in after only a few weeks of having my JB4 and DCI's.

What altitude was this at? Any plans for meth?
Mods: 15% tint - angel eyes - black grill
      07-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #11
TotalBlackout
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SEC
Quote:
I have it too but I wouldn't say it's a mod lol.

It doesn't modify anything, just a smaller laptop basically.

Well, I guess you could say its a phone mod lol but not a car mod.
Well I'm plugging the product and listing it as a car mod, peace.
      07-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #12
TotalBlackout
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach1328
Impressive numbers for no meth! Makes me want to rush my DP's and FMIC purchase, but I'm trying to spread my mods out over time.
So far my patience is winning, but my greed for more power is starting to kick in after only a few weeks of having my JB4 and DCI's.

What altitude was this at? Any plans for meth?
I did jb4 and DPs and DCI when I first bought car in early 2011 used with 16k miles. Was happy with that but had been thinking about intercooler and exhaust for ever.

Now I've got the intercooler, and it's a nice supplemental mod. It enhances everything the car already does with my existing mods, but I doubt it would be effective or noticeably useful with out supporting mods.

VRSF is releasing an update to their exhaust, which I have preordered, later this summer(sooner the better)! Charge pipe and bov is overdue, but probably pull the trigger on one soon.

Meth...I don't know. I don't want a tank under the hood. I don't want an obtrusive or ugly tank in the trunk. I don't want to have to fill it up all the time. This is my daily driver for now. I'm not too worried about meth, but I want a very clean install and user friendly setup.

If my stock turbos give out, anything is on the table. For now though, the bolt ons sure are awesome
      07-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #13
Zach1328
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 535i / 2007 335i

Quote:
I did jb4 and DPs and DCI when I first bought car in early 2011 used with 16k miles. Was happy with that but had been thinking about intercooler and exhaust for ever.

Now I've got the intercooler, and it's a nice supplemental mod. It enhances everything the car already does with my existing mods, but I doubt it would be effective or noticeably useful with out supporting mods.

VRSF is releasing an update to their exhaust, which I have preordered, later this summer(sooner the better)! Charge pipe and bov is overdue, but probably pull the trigger on one soon.

Meth...I don't know. I don't want a tank under the hood. I don't want an obtrusive or ugly tank in the trunk. I don't want to have to fill it up all the time. This is my daily driver for now. I'm not too worried about meth, but I want a very clean install and user friendly setup.

If my stock turbos give out, anything is on the table. For now though, the bolt ons sure are awesome
Yeah I haven't decided whether DP's or FMIC should be next on my list. In a month from now it will be living in Colorado at 5500ft elevation (9000+ when I go to the mountains), so I'm thinking the FMIC might be necessary for me.

I believe the turbo's will increase the PSI to compensate for the thinner air at high altitude, so the FMIC should be a huge help up there.

Hopefully I can get a dyno here in Texas at sea level before I leave for Colorado then dyno again at 5500+ ft to see the power loss from that kind of elevation. I'm expecting to see a ~10% loss, but it'd be nice to get some dyno's for exact numbers.
Mods: 15% tint - angel eyes - black grill
      07-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #14
11SEC
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Well I'm plugging the product and listing it as a car mod, peace.
What part of the car does it modify? Just curious...
      07-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #15
TotalBlackout
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach1328
Quote:

Yeah I haven't decided whether DP's or FMIC should be next on my list. In a month from now it will be living in Colorado at 5500ft elevation (9000+ when I go to the mountains), so I'm thinking the FMIC might be necessary for me.

I believe the turbo's will increase the PSI to compensate for the thinner air at high altitude, so the FMIC should be a huge help up there.

Hopefully I can get a dyno here in Texas at sea level before I leave for Colorado then dyno again at 5500+ ft to see the power loss from that kind of elevation. I'm expecting to see a ~10% loss, but it'd be nice to get some dyno's for exact numbers.
If I had it to do all over again, I'd still go DPs first. Best bang for your buck outside a tune and you get a nice exhaust note. We don't have emission inspection here, so it was a no-brainier. Worth checking what you need to do in CO.
      07-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #16
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Good numbers
WWW.EXTREMEPOWERHOUSE.COM|| Facebook Page||Android Free App
mike@x-ph.com is offline   United_States