E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Driver Door Lock Issue

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Driver Door Lock Issue
Published by gkroegman
06-24-2014
Driver Door Lock Issue

History - I bought the car and the knob on the driver door would never go down (as if the actuator motor was failing), but if I pushed it down, it would come up upon hitting unlock.
Simple, I thought.
I replaced the door lock actuator (thanks to the DIY guides on this forum!)
All was wonderful... for about a week.
Now, the issue is back. Sometimes the door won't unlock, but all others will.
Also, if I press the portion of the door (interior) near the lock knob (just press), the bottom of the lock bar pops out of the actuator and I've got to take the door apart to get it back on. You hear a "doink!" and then the knob sinks level with the door, but clearly is not seated properly in the actuator.

I noticed (even when it's working correctly) that the lock knob sits 3mm higher than the other lock knobs on all doors.
I thought "Well, maybe I didn't correctly reattach the lock bar".
Took the door apart, there's really no other way I can see to get it in there other than just a simple click.

Is there something I may have overlooked when putting the lock bar/knob back on?

My other question is that if I replaced the actuator and the problem still randomly happens, what else could it be?
Tutorial Tools
Comment