E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > AA Tune

04-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
iamjosh44
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 328i

AA Tune

Hey everyone im thinking about getting an AA tune. Is this the best tune for the money? is it possible for an average person to install it himself? If not how much should i expect to be paying for it to be installed? I know that it gives 15 extra horsepawer/torque but what else does it do? does it make the lag in the gas peddle go away? Does it add to mpg? Where can i buy this for the cheapest? please give me advice, info, and opinions. thanks!!!
      04-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
t1mmy
Second Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 328i 2008 Sport

hahaha

sorry, its like you're playing russian roulette here. i've seen threads go down in flames and i've seen some very mature and patient responses to these kinds of threads
      04-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #3
benzo23
Colonel

Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

I hate my life.
      04-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
Delta0311
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92

Dude there are like a thousand posts about the AA tune.. Just do a search and you'll find all the information your looking for.

Just be aware that if there are no shops in your area that can do a flash you will have to send your ECU in to them.
      04-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise

Drives: circles around you

04-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
3002 tii
Major General

Drives: flat out

Garage List
use the search function or even the google machine.

the files are IN the computer!?!?

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
3002 tii is offline   United_States
      04-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General

Drives: BMW Duh

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Lots of info on here about the advantages but the AA Tune offers a fully customized ECU tune that is done per your specific vehicle and any bolt on mods that you have. There are solid off the shelf tunes like the BMS PowerBox available for the car but I like the AA setup because it is fully customized and takes advantage of your individual modifications.
      04-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag

Drives: 1.9L of fury

How is the AA tune "fully customized" if they aren't putting your car on the dyno to tune it?

Are you saying they have multiple versions of the tune, and can try to "fit" one of them to your car based on mods? because that's still an off-the-shelf tune. There's no way to get a "fully customized" tune unless they spend a couple of hours with your own car on the dyno.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the AA tune, I've seen the results. But it's not custom.
mike-y is offline   United_States
      04-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #9
Wlew
Major

Drives: E90 330i

face palm.

OP... here is my review of the AA tune.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=AA+tune+330i
2006 330i |premium package | Sports package | BMS Power Box | AA Tune | K&N Drop in | Charcoal Delete | Mforce Design Air Scoops | MMW CS Exhaust w/ second cat delete | Resonator Delete | Eibach Pro-kit | Koni Yellows | Mtec fogs | Mtec v2 Angel eyes | M3 Tri-stitched steering wheel | BMW Strut Bar | 19" Avant Garde M310's | Cooper Zeon 2xs | OEM Blacklines | WTB: Dinan High Flow Throttle Body
Wlew is offline   United_States
      04-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
LaLakers91tc
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: BSM E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjosh44 View Post
Hey everyone im thinking about getting an AA tune. Is this the best tune for the money? is it possible for an average person to install it himself? If not how much should i expect to be paying for it to be installed? I know that it gives 15 extra horsepawer/torque but what else does it do? does it make the lag in the gas peddle go away? Does it add to mpg? Where can i buy this for the cheapest? please give me advice, info, and opinions. thanks!!!
you will need to go to a vendor to get it flashed onto your ecu, or ship your ecu to AA.

http://www.activeautowerke.com/dealers.php

ones in red can do the flash for you

Previous SGM E90 330i (R.I.P.)
LaLakers91tc is offline   United_States
      04-09-2011, 02:59 AM   #11
Arxangel
Private First Class

Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjosh44 View Post
I have read a lot about the AA tune, and if there was a garage closer than 1000km from me doing it, I'd be all over it. Since the closest one is 1000km away I have found another tune that makes it possible to do, albeit at a higher price, without having to send over your ECU. ESS in Norway offer a hand-held device with their tunes. You plug it in the OBD port, back up your stock map, and flash the ECU, done and done on your own in 5 mins. If you don't like something about the tune, you email it back to ESS, they change it and email it back to you, you put it on the hand-held and flash your ECU again. Good thing about all of this is that when you take your car for servicing and they flash your ECU to stock, you can always flash it back to the tune without having to send it over again.

I will be buying this pretty soon.
Arxangel is offline   Bulgaria