E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Why won't my DPF regenerate

07-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #1
DanMZe90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D SE

Why won't my DPF regenerate

Hi,

Recently I've done a bit of work on the car based on it not getting to temp and potentially not meeting the conditions for DPF regen so:

EGR and Main Stats replaced (temps now much better)
replaced Glow Plug Controller Unit AND all glow plugs (which sorted the 'all glow plugs faulting' in Carly)
New battery

I did all this a couple of weeks ago and I do about 40 miles a day on mixed roads to and from work. Even though I have told Carly a number of times to request regen, which sets status to 1, when I come back to it the DPF status always reads zero. The 'Regeneration distance travelled' NEVER changes from:

240566304.00 m

which is something ridiculous like 149, 480 miles! I expected this to at least get greater the more I travel?!

Average regeneration interval is 648km and that doesn't seem to change either.

The stats are getting up to a normal temp (mid 80s to 90s) unlike the mid 70s they were reporting before replacement, plus I'm doing a reasonable run each morning/evening (20 miles each way). Since I changed all the above I notice the soot mass is significantly lower than it used to be and today, for example, from leaving work to reaching home it was at 24g / 25g.

I'm not understanding the non moving regeneration distance travelled plus I can't tell if it is actually regenerating...but a low soot mass at least tells me it isn't building up to the point of blockage...

Any advice?

Thanks

Dan
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 03:01 AM   #2
E60525d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 525d

I have found Carly does not give me reliable info regarding the DPF. Do you have access to ISTA?

I use this and find it much better than Carly.
Appreciate 0