E90Post

E92-lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335i - 36mpg from a full tank shocker!

04-15-2011, 02:44 AM   #23
Kal
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Garage List
I get 23MPG and 30MPG on motorways, I thought that was good!
      04-15-2011, 03:44 AM   #24
doughboy
Major General

Drives: E91 335i Sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesney72 View Post
Its also jb3, dci, DP'd for the times I just want a bit of fun
15 in town / 30 on a steady run

Fair play on the MPG - no way I can do 70 on the M Way unless stuck in traffic. (i hope you don't do it in the middle lane )

The car only settles properly at about 105 IMO! - not good for relaxing though with licence in mind!

Out of interest Chesney, how do find the noise from the DCI? I couldn't stand the noisey wooshing and hissing, even prominent in the cabin especially at lower rpm on a bit of throttle, the missus kept saying whats that noise? The dump valve style sound from the boost divertors without the silencing of the factory airbox was a bit much!

I had to take them off for fear of being mistaken for a souped up astra turbo! Admittedly the car now feels a bit strangulated over 6000rpm, that rush for the red line seems to drop off more with the OE airbox back on.

Last edited by doughboy; 04-15-2011 at 03:49 AM.
doughboy is offline   United Kingdom
      04-15-2011, 04:10 AM   #25
chesney72
First Lieutenant

Drives: JB4 G5 335i Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
15 in town / 30 on a steady run

Fair play on the MPG - no way I can do 70 on the M Way unless stuck in traffic. (i hope you don't do it in the middle lane )

The car only settles properly at about 105 IMO! - not good for relaxing though with licence in mind!

Out of interest Chesney, how do find the noise from the DCI? I couldn't stand the noisey wooshing and hissing, even prominent in the cabin especially at lower rpm on a bit of throttle, the missus kept saying whats that noise? The dump valve style sound from the boost divertors without the silencing of the factory airbox was a bit much!

I had to take them off for fear of being mistaken for a souped up astra turbo! Admittedly the car now feels a bit strangulated over 6000rpm, that rush for the red line seems to drop off more with the OE airbox back on.
LOL no lane discipline is a pet hate of mine too so you won't find me in an outer lane unless I'm passing

PM'd re dci etc
chesney72 is offline   Scotland
      04-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #26
Dr G13
Lieutenant

Drives: 3

All you guys must drive so carefully to be getting 30s and 40s, I once managed to get around 30mpg average sitting at around 40-50 cruise due to roadworks.

Around town I average like 17 taking it easy and like 15 when giving it some.
      04-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #27
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things

Drives: RS250 CUP

Send a message via MSN to m1bjr
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I dont notice the DCI intake noise until pinning it. Its quite nice IMO.
The Bastuck sounds so nice it takes all my attention, and that of the public
      04-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #28
Sandwich_Dan
Enlisted Member

Drives: Ex-E92 335i

I had possibly my most economical drive last weekend. Almost all 50 and 70mph on the cruise control for fear of speed cameras and mostly showing 40ish mpg on the instantaneous readout.

After about 20 miles my oil temperature was still only at about 100C by the time I reached my usual cool down stretch - a couple of miles of downhill NSL at just the right gradient to be feet off the pedals in 6th for most of it and usually good for dropping 5-10 of oil temp (and pretty good for the brakes too) depending on how much fun I've had beforehand.

Not sure what the fuel consumption was but it felt wrong to be so gentle with such a beast of an engine.
Sandwich_Dan is offline   United Kingdom