E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Anyone in SoCal with a single mass flywheel?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-02-2016, 11:58 AM   #1
vbp6us
Major Private First Class
vbp6us's Avatar
United_States
78
Rep
861
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (2)

Anyone in SoCal with a single mass flywheel?

I just got my MFactory SMFW and 335is clutch installed but I'm hearing noises on acceleration 4th, a little in 5th, and 6th gear. Anyone in San Diego or nearby down to meet up so I can hear your car? We can make a meet out of it and chill. Lunch or dinner on me and I can bring my laptop to code stuff if you need anything. Thanks

My car kinda sounds like this:

__________________
2008 E92 335i 6MT: FBO + Silicone Inlets | Stage 1 LPFP | 335is clutch + MFactory SMFW | Custom BuraQ E75+ MHD tune | 3.5Bar N20 sensor
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
vicmd21
New Member
7
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nasty natti

iTrader: (0)

I'm in riverside. Have spec stage 3+ with steel single mass flywheel. Mine makes the same charter in low rpm in every gear. Once I get above 2-2300 rpm it goes away.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
Manberg
Second Lieutenant
Manberg's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
204
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Once you go full racecar, you dont go back.
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, PPK, JB4 ISO + Rev.3, VRSF 7'' FMIC, VRSF Catless DP, BMS Charge Pipe, MFactory LSD, Íhlins R&T, M3 Control Arms, Rogue 6MT Bushings, Remus Exhaust, Duke Dynamics CF Diffuser, Cyba Scoops, VMR VB3 19s, BMS Clucth Stop
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 09:09 PM   #4
puppydax
First Lieutenant
puppydax's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
393
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I have a Spec 2+. Sounds the same. When you rev, sounds chattery till you get higher in the RPM. Same when you're at idle and start to accelerate slowly. Normal .
__________________
6MT / Wedge E50 Flash / Hexon Inlets / MMP Outlets / N20 TMAP / AR 3" Catless DP's / Spec 2+ w/ Steel SMFW / VRSF 5" Stepped FMIC / Stock CP (Lol) w/ ActiveAutowerke BOV / Godspeed Adjustable Toe Arms / Fuel-It Stage 1 / PE Mod w/ Magnaflow 4" Tips / BMS DCI's / H&R Sport Lowering Springs / BMW Sport Suspension / OEM Front Aero Lip / Mtech Rear Bumper with Performance Diffuser / 19" Gunmetal VMR v710
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2016, 11:05 PM   #5
vbp6us
Major Private First Class
vbp6us's Avatar
United_States
78
Rep
861
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicmd21 View Post
I'm in riverside. Have spec stage 3+ with steel single mass flywheel. Mine makes the same charter in low rpm in every gear. Once I get above 2-2300 rpm it goes away.
I wonder why mine doesn't stop till about 2900 rpm? Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manberg View Post
Once you go full racecar, you dont go back.
Lol, funny you should mention this. I was kinda regretting it. I'm kinda getting used to the noise but I feel like they should really let people know how loud it will be on light acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydax View Post
I have a Spec 2+. Sounds the same. When you rev, sounds chattery till you get higher in the RPM. Same when you're at idle and start to accelerate slowly. Normal .
Ok, thanks man. I really appreciate you chiming in.
__________________
2008 E92 335i 6MT: FBO + Silicone Inlets | Stage 1 LPFP | 335is clutch + MFactory SMFW | Custom BuraQ E75+ MHD tune | 3.5Bar N20 sensor
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 11:25 PM   #6
Ruddigger
Captain
Ruddigger's Avatar
269
Rep
975
Posts

Drives: 2012 E91
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

It's a pretty well known issue with racier clutches, and why I was surprised Vic went with stage 3. But #racecar, I guess.
__________________
My build thread.
It's a wagon with stuff on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 12:04 AM   #7
Manberg
Second Lieutenant
Manberg's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
204
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Just wait till you get the stage 3 torque converter Rudd
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, PPK, JB4 ISO + Rev.3, VRSF 7'' FMIC, VRSF Catless DP, BMS Charge Pipe, MFactory LSD, Íhlins R&T, M3 Control Arms, Rogue 6MT Bushings, Remus Exhaust, Duke Dynamics CF Diffuser, Cyba Scoops, VMR VB3 19s, BMS Clucth Stop
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #8
vicmd21
New Member
7
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: nasty natti

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddigger View Post
It's a pretty well known issue with racier clutches, and why I was surprised Vic went with stage 3. But #racecar, I guess.
STAGE 3+ because RACECAR!
also in preperation for the turbos
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #9
js335ftw
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2009 Bmw e92
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Norwalk Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbp6us View Post
I just got my MFactory SMFW and 335is clutch installed but I'm hearing noises on acceleration 4th, a little in 5th, and 6th gear. Anyone in San Diego or nearby down to meet up so I can hear your car? We can make a meet out of it and chill. Lunch or dinner on me and I can bring my laptop to code stuff if you need anything. Thanks

My car kinda sounds like this:

i installes an upgraded clutch from ecs tuning into my 335i i believe is the 335is clutch
https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-33....0L/ES1897635/


i have no rattle or weird noises i reuse my stock flywheel also have 0 problems and clutch feels great. stiffer and engages quiker too
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 10:58 PM   #10
puppydax
First Lieutenant
puppydax's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
393
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by js335ftw View Post
i installes an upgraded clutch from ecs tuning into my 335i i believe is the 335is clutch
https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-33....0L/ES1897635/


i have no rattle or weird noises i reuse my stock flywheel also have 0 problems and clutch feels great. stiffer and engages quiker too
Doesn't apply to you then. You're using the stock DMFW lol.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2016, 12:23 AM   #11
vbp6us
Major Private First Class
vbp6us's Avatar
United_States
78
Rep
861
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by js335ftw View Post
i installes an upgraded clutch from ecs tuning into my 335i i believe is the 335is clutch
https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-33....0L/ES1897635/


i have no rattle or weird noises i reuse my stock flywheel also have 0 problems and clutch feels great. stiffer and engages quiker too
I upgraded my clutch and flywheel. I can't run the stock flywheel because my car will throw codes. When you make more than 460whp that will happen with the stock flywheel.
__________________
2008 E92 335i 6MT: FBO + Silicone Inlets | Stage 1 LPFP | 335is clutch + MFactory SMFW | Custom BuraQ E75+ MHD tune | 3.5Bar N20 sensor

Last edited by vbp6us; 04-11-2016 at 12:49 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 06:46 PM   #12
js335ftw
Enlisted Member
4
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2009 Bmw e92
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Norwalk Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbp6us View Post
I upgraded my clutch and flywheel. I can't run the stock flywheel because my car will throw codes. When you make more than 460whp that will happen with the stock flywheel.
im at 480hp 520tq no issues

fbo , @21psi,custom flash. w 100k miles on car. 0 codes. running E60
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 07:29 PM   #13
Ruddigger
Captain
Ruddigger's Avatar
269
Rep
975
Posts

Drives: 2012 E91
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Holy shit, you're in Norwalk? I wanna see it. I live by the city hall.
__________________
My build thread.
It's a wagon with stuff on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #14
vbp6us
Major Private First Class
vbp6us's Avatar
United_States
78
Rep
861
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by js335ftw View Post
im at 480hp 520tq no issues

fbo , @21psi,custom flash. w 100k miles on car. 0 codes. running E60
Seriously? What the hell. I was told it would throw codes. What kind of dyno did you get your numbers on? I would have totally vouched for the DMFW because this noise is annoying.
__________________
2008 E92 335i 6MT: FBO + Silicone Inlets | Stage 1 LPFP | 335is clutch + MFactory SMFW | Custom BuraQ E75+ MHD tune | 3.5Bar N20 sensor
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 01:54 AM   #15
puppydax
First Lieutenant
puppydax's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
393
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Anything over 500whp has the potential to misfire. It's not a definite number, but there are cases of a few vehicles over 500 with the stock DMFW misfiring and it disappearing when they went SMFW. Ghost misfires.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST