E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #2839
C9A1L1L
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
I'm probably the only one who posts here on this thread that isn't even neck-and-neck with the rest LOL!
We should do a track day for all of us some time down the line and see just how close a lot of us are. From what I have seen, there are enough variations that its not like its just going to be a drivers race. There will be certain cars that are undoubtedly faster. I remember running a Cobb car when I was on pump and got a little pull on him which was slight but he had more mods than I did. I was intake only on JB4 G4 and he had Intake CP and FMIC with gutted cats.

I've been wanting to set some stuff up for a while but no one is ever down. From the time slips I have seen there is actually quite a difference between us that I just wanna see if they hold true in real life.

Any Cobb/Proceed guys down? My curiosity is killing me.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #2840
Eagle1oh7
Captain
Eagle1oh7's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
845
Posts

Drives: '11 328i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chula Vista CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
We should do a track day for all of us some time down the line and see just how close a lot of us are. From what I have seen, there are enough variations that its not like its just going to be a drivers race. There will be certain cars that are undoubtedly faster. I remember running a Cobb car when I was on pump and got a little pull on him which was slight but he had more mods than I did. I was intake only on JB4 G4 and he had Intake CP and FMIC with gutted cats.

I've been wanting to set some stuff up for a while but no one is ever down. From the time slips I have seen there is actually quite a difference between us that I just wanna see if they hold true in real life.

Any Cobb/Proceed guys down? My curiosity is killing me.

I've been wanting to do a track day for a while, but the days never line up or the $$$ for that matter. My NA will smoke all of yous and your turbos!

Are you talking about the drag strip out there in Sac or over at Infineon or Thunderhill?
__________________
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, aFe Stage 2 PRO-R Intake, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback
FUTURE MODS: AA Stage 3, AA Headers, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #2841
Eagle1oh7
Captain
Eagle1oh7's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
845
Posts

Drives: '11 328i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chula Vista CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocemt816 View Post
Anyone want to help install brake and rotors? (Food, brews, and some pocket cash will be included)


This is my way of boycotting dealership labor costs
I'd like to go and learn, when are you thinking of doing it?
__________________
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, aFe Stage 2 PRO-R Intake, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback
FUTURE MODS: AA Stage 3, AA Headers, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #2842
C9A1L1L
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
I've been wanting to do a track day for a while, but the days never line up or the $$$ for that matter. My NA will smoke all of yous and your turbos!

Are you talking about the drag strip out there in Sac or over at Infineon or Thunderhill?

I was talking more in terms Sac being the definitive strip out here buuut I wouldn't mind going around the track if I thought much of the handling characteristics of our cars which even with my coil setup I'm not overly sold.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #2843
Eagle1oh7
Captain
Eagle1oh7's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
845
Posts

Drives: '11 328i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chula Vista CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
I was talking more in terms Sac being the definitive strip out here buuut I wouldn't mind going around the track if I thought much of the handling characteristics of our cars which even with my coil setup I'm not overly sold.

Well I can tell you that going on spirited drives through Napa and driving around the runway to get to work at speeds twice the posted limit, the MSport suspension really isn't bad. The thing is that I did a weight reduction with a CF hood and CSL trunk with the Forgestar wheels with PSS. I haven't gone on the Napa/Berryessa loop since getting my wheels 3 weeks ago, but I can tell that swapping out the stock 17s for the 18s really made a difference in the handling and straightline.
__________________
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, aFe Stage 2 PRO-R Intake, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback
FUTURE MODS: AA Stage 3, AA Headers, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #2844
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
lawwailok's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Well I can tell you that going on spirited drives through Napa and driving around the runway to get to work at speeds twice the posted limit, the MSport suspension really isn't bad. The thing is that I did a weight reduction with a CF hood and CSL trunk with the Forgestar wheels with PSS. I haven't gone on the Napa/Berryessa loop since getting my wheels 3 weeks ago, but I can tell that swapping out the stock 17s for the 18s really made a difference in the handling and straightline.
as far as i know, for the US market, there's no real "M Sport" suspension. it's only non-sport, sport, and bmw performance. in euro, that's a different story, they do have the M Sport suspension which falls between Sport and BMW performance. since e9x is a pretty well balanced vehicle came from factory, to shine in twisty is know how to get the momentum and weight transfer between turns. once you know your car/setup well enough and able to catch how's the car flow during the transition of the weight transferring from one side of the car to the other side, you will have a lot of fun in the twisty.
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #2845
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
lawwailok's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
also around 5:30ish, spotted a blk e90 335i with license plate "BLK 335" coming out from Westlake in Natomas. wonder if you are on the forum
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #2846
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
lawwailok's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
My NA will smoke all of yous and your turbos!
that will be true if you know your car well. im not joking. i've seen a stock motor E46 M3 ran a full second faster lap time than a S/C'ed E46 M3 at Laguna Seca. both have very similar suspension setup and one is being totally stock on motor, the other has a ESS supercharger.

sometimes it's not really a benefit if you have big power at the track. you want the best usable power within the powerband you will use when tracking. too much power will throw you off during apex.
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #2847
Eagle1oh7
Captain
Eagle1oh7's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
845
Posts

Drives: '11 328i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chula Vista CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
as far as i know, for the US market, there's no real "M Sport" suspension. it's only non-sport, sport, and bmw performance. in euro, that's a different story, they do have the M Sport suspension which falls between Sport and BMW performance. since e9x is a pretty well balanced vehicle came from factory, to shine in twisty is know how to get the momentum and weight transfer between turns. once you know your car/setup well enough and able to catch how's the car flow during the transition of the weight transferring from one side of the car to the other side, you will have a lot of fun in the twisty.
Well that's strange because when I check my VIN it definitely says MSport suspension. I remember it being an option when I was building the car online and when I headed to the dealer.
__________________
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, aFe Stage 2 PRO-R Intake, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback
FUTURE MODS: AA Stage 3, AA Headers, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 02:41 AM   #2848
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
lawwailok's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Well that's strange because when I check my VIN it definitely says MSport suspension. I remember it being an option when I was building the car online and when I headed to the dealer.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=559925

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829784
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #2849
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
We should do a track day for all of us some time down the line and see just how close a lot of us are. From what I have seen, there are enough variations that its not like its just going to be a drivers race. There will be certain cars that are undoubtedly faster. I remember running a Cobb car when I was on pump and got a little pull on him which was slight but he had more mods than I did. I was intake only on JB4 G4 and he had Intake CP and FMIC with gutted cats.

I've been wanting to set some stuff up for a while but no one is ever down. From the time slips I have seen there is actually quite a difference between us that I just wanna see if they hold true in real life.

Any Cobb/Proceed guys down? My curiosity is killing me.
I'm down

Just need a helmet and time.. Lol.. Wednesday at Sac Raceway correct? Been really busy and stressed lately.. Buying a home in Folsom... Looking for renters in current home.. Working....Wish it was all over with.

Would also like to get SP and Oil Change before hand.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #2850
C9A1L1L
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

If anyone needs spark plugs/coils done or any other maint. I can hook it up, just PM me. I have the special tool to do it (Too small to loan it out) and can get you out within the time frame of a lunch break.

After doing a few of these myself I recommend the NGKs over the Bosch/OEM tri strap units. They are just a superior plug in every way.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #2851
C9A1L1L
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
I'm down

Just need a helmet and time.. Lol.. Wednesday at Sac Raceway correct? Been really busy and stressed lately.. Buying a home in Folsom... Looking for renters in current home.. Working....Wish it was all over with.

Would also like to get SP and Oil Change before hand.

Sounds like fun! Where is your current place you are trying to rent and how much?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #2852
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
Sounds like fun! Where is your current place you are trying to rent and how much?
The best part of Sac, Rio Linda..

starting at 1100 but whiling to come down, hopefully my renter next door will come through with his Mother in Law that way I don't have to put up another fence. haha..
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #2853
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L View Post
If anyone needs spark plugs/coils done or any other maint. I can hook it up, just PM me. I have the special tool to do it (Too small to loan it out) and can get you out within the time frame of a lunch break.

After doing a few of these myself I recommend the NGKs over the Bosch/OEM tri strap units. They are just a superior plug in every way.
i have the SP tool, but not a torque wrench. do you use a tq wrench? Or hand tight?
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #2854
C9A1L1L
Private
0
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
i have the SP tool, but not a torque wrench. do you use a tq wrench? Or hand tight?
I personally use a torque wrench on everything I do as a habit BUT with SP you should be ok if you get them snug.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #2855
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
***Coding Session***

You guys still Open to this?

Setting Up another sessions at Mi Casa

Code and Alpina B3 TCU Flash (for AT 03/07 on)

Please confirm, date and time TBD



@CaliforniaBred (coding and flash)

@patman5300 (coding?)

@C9A1L1L (Coding)

@prestonf30 (Coding and Flash?)

@Jrsred10 (Coding?)


Code Options:
Steven will walk through each options with you, so filter at that time:

Keyfob to open and close windows, mirrors and sunroof

komfort key eject (eject key when engine turns off) (If you have comfort access you may not need this)

amber lights delete

double blink hazards

auto door unlock when car is turned off (must have auto lock option enabled for this to work)

Fog light Delete or Fog light stays on when High Beam flash or On

seat-belt chime disabled

digital speedo (very cool)

video in motion yr 2009+ (if you have navi)

legal disclaimer delete (very cool faster boot up idrive)

window continue to roll up even if door is open
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #2856
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
lawwailok's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
@vince, is there such a coding u can do so my car has more oooooomph and vroooom vrooom? if so im down! LOLOL, jk
joke of the day
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #2857
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
@vince, is there such a coding u can do so my car has more oooooomph and vroooom vrooom? if so im down! LOLOL, jk
joke of the day
yeah, you can code your blinker fluid to shoot meth.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #2858
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
lawwailok's Avatar
United_States
36
Rep
1,923
Posts

Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
yeah, you can code your blinker fluid to shoot meth.
how bout NOS?

i need nos, i need NOSSSSSSSS, i need 2 of em!
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #2859
Cali335iDan
Registered
0
Rep
0
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Yuba City CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
What's up everyone, I think Sac is the closest 335 community I'm going to find seeing as how I'm out here in BFE Yuba City! I think I've only seen one other modded 335 in my area. Anyway just looking for folks to chat with about mods n tunes as I'm still trying to figure out what direction I want to go and also looking to find a good body shop near by. Hit me up if anyone is ever in the area, also I wouldn't mind attending my first meet if there is one coming up any time soon. I'll be at Sac Raceway this wednesday if anyone else is interested.

Stay Classy Sacramento!

- Dan
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #2860
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,679
Posts

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali335iDan View Post
What's up everyone, I think Sac is the closest 335 community I'm going to find seeing as how I'm out here in BFE Yuba City! I think I've only seen one other modded 335 in my area. Anyway just looking for folks to chat with about mods n tunes as I'm still trying to figure out what direction I want to go and also looking to find a good body shop near by. Hit me up if anyone is ever in the area, also I wouldn't mind attending my first meet if there is one coming up any time soon. I'll be at Sac Raceway this wednesday if anyone else is interested.

Stay Classy Sacramento!

- Dan
Call up David at Sac AutoBody. He worked on @lawwailok and my front bumper.

Yeah we have meets every fist and third Wednesday of the month.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720625

What is your build date? Alpina flash?

Vince
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST