E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #1937
divang
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92 335i Jet Black, All Stock
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 103
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbj
Quote:
Originally Posted by divang View Post
Need help installing m3 tri-stitch steering wheel. I try the DIY manual, but I can't figure out how to pop the spring that holds the airbag. I'll throw in a six pack for your trouble.
Where you live?
I'm around the Laguna area
divang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #1938
divang
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92 335i Jet Black, All Stock
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 103
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok
Quote:
Originally Posted by divang View Post
Need help installing m3 tri-stitch steering wheel. I try the DIY manual, but I can't figure out how to pop the spring that holds the airbag. I'll throw in a six pack for your trouble.
it's very easy. use a long flat head, i'll say use your finger at the back of the steering wheel around 4 and 8 o'clock position. you should feel there's a slit has a softer feel. poke the screw driver in and push it in at around 45 degree angle. you should be able to pop the airbag out.
I try the exact the thing, but for some reason the spring won't pop out
divang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #1939
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lawwailok's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,916
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by divang View Post
I try the exact the thing, but for some reason the spring won't pop out
did you try to wiggle the flat head to have a feel where the springs exact at? it's tough for the first time. you can try to wiggle, push in a little, back off, have a feel to make sure you are touching the springs first. once you know you are on the spring, push it in, a little help from the other hand, you can try to use the finger to pull the airbag out a little.
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
lawwailok is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #1940
divang
Private First Class
 
Drives: e92 335i Jet Black, All Stock
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern California

Posts: 103
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok
Quote:
Originally Posted by divang View Post
I try the exact the thing, but for some reason the spring won't pop out
did you try to wiggle the flat head to have a feel where the springs exact at? it's tough for the first time. you can try to wiggle, push in a little, back off, have a feel to make sure you are touching the springs first. once you know you are on the spring, push it in, a little help from the other hand, you can try to use the finger to pull the airbag out a little.
I'm trying to trade my sport steering for m3 steering wheel with a guy who plan to sell his car. So I don't have the steering with me at the moment.
divang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #1941
rjive
weekend > work
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Anyone have a good shop to refer me to here in Sacramento? I need to have my xenon control module replaced and want to find a competent shop with reasonable pricing. I know this repair is will require a mortgage of boardwalk and park place.
rjive is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #1942
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lawwailok's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,916
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjive View Post
Anyone have a good shop to refer me to here in Sacramento? I need to have my xenon control module replaced and want to find a competent shop with reasonable pricing. I know this repair is will require a mortgage of boardwalk and park place.
what do you mean by the control module replace? something wrong with the headlight unit?
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
lawwailok is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #1943
rjive
weekend > work
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
what do you mean by the control module replace? something wrong with the headlight unit?
Yes. Replaced the bulb, but I need to have the ballast (control module) replace.
rjive is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #1944
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lawwailok's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,916
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjive View Post
Yes. Replaced the bulb, but I need to have the ballast (control module) replace.
AFAIK the ballast should be plug and play. as long as you find the correct ballast you can just do a straight swap without problem
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
lawwailok is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #1945
stashtrey
Major
 
Drives: 08 335xi Sedan Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,236
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Greetings!

Newish owner of a 08 335xi and looking for a good deal on walnut blasting my valves. Have a sticky lifter and I'm at 64k miles.

Can anyone recommend a good shop and price I can expect? Also looking for someone to install coilovers and DP's. Best price so far quoted was $1k each. Yikes! Downside to XI I suppose.

Any help or recommendations greatly appreciated.

I live in Fair Oaks/Sac area.

Cheers!
__________________
08 335xi Pre LCI Sedan - Titanium Silver - PTF Tuned - M Tech Rear - OEM Black Lines - M3 Rep w/ Fog Delete - AMS FMIC - BMW PE - BMS OCC - ER CP - KW V3 - Vorshlag Camber Plates - ContiContact Extreme DW - M Tech Perforated Wheeel w/ Converted LCI Paddles Shifters - Sport Seat upgrade - LED Interior Conversion - Alpina Flash - RB PCV Valvle - AFE Intake -Lux AE's -
stashtrey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #1946
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lawwailok's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,916
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
Greetings!

Newish owner of a 08 335xi and looking for a good deal on walnut blasting my valves. Have a sticky lifter and I'm at 64k miles.

Can anyone recommend a good shop and price I can expect? Also looking for someone to install coilovers and DP's. Best price so far quoted was $1k each. Yikes! Downside to XI I suppose.

Any help or recommendations greatly appreciated.

I live in Fair Oaks/Sac area.

Cheers!
welcome! for intake valve cleaning, i will recommend elk grove bmw, talk to bob caudle and he can hook u up. tell him it's eric on the silver 335 and the x5 refers over. he's a very cool SA and he's been doing tons of favor to me.

for DP and coilover, contact member "blisstik", he's local in rancho and he's been doing a lot of install himself. including mine, i think he did at least 7 times on coilover install and he's been installing and uninstalling his DP 6-7 times. he will be able to help you out.
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
lawwailok is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #1947
rjive
weekend > work
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California

Posts: 62
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
AFAIK the ballast should be plug and play. as long as you find the correct ballast you can just do a straight swap without problem
Thanks for the info. Any idea of a good location to pick it up at a reasonable price?
rjive is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 02:21 AM   #1948
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lawwailok's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,916
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjive View Post
Thanks for the info. Any idea of a good location to pick it up at a reasonable price?
junk yard @ rancho my best bet.
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
lawwailok is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #1949
melvin
steady lurking
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Elk Grove / Sacramento

Posts: 17
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjive View Post
Yes. Replaced the bulb, but I need to have the ballast (control module) replace.
i just recently changed the ballast too because the seal on the top cover leaked water in. its easy to do only hard part to do is taking off the stupid bumper, and even with that its easy just a shit ton of bolts. you don't need anything special just basic tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjive View Post
Thanks for the info. Any idea of a good location to pick it up at a reasonable price?
check ebay too. i got mine off ebay for i think $150 or something close to that. definitely cheaper than new from getbmwparts.com
melvin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #1950
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
junk yard @ rancho my best bet.
Yo,

So my bonus is coming in March so i am about 95% sure part of my bonus will be going to M3 front bumper and CF lip. give me a buzz and i would like to talk to you about the shop that did yours. is it best for me to fit the bumper or can they do it all? Pricing reasonable?
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #1951
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lawwailok's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,916
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Yo,

So my bonus is coming in March so i am about 95% sure part of my bonus will be going to M3 front bumper and CF lip. give me a buzz and i would like to talk to you about the shop that did yours. is it best for me to fit the bumper or can they do it all? Pricing reasonable?
sup vince. do you still have my #? i flashed my phone to a different rom so all my msgs were deleted. send me a text. we can go through ur route on the phone.
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
lawwailok is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #1952
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lawwailok's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,916
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Yo,

So my bonus is coming in March so i am about 95% sure part of my bonus will be going to M3 front bumper and CF lip. give me a buzz and i would like to talk to you about the shop that did yours. is it best for me to fit the bumper or can they do it all? Pricing reasonable?
http://www.jgmods.com/index.php/bmw/...le-bumper.html

http://www.jgmods.com/index.php/bmw/...nt-bumper.html

talk to Jay, tell him Eric with the e90 in Sac sent you
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
lawwailok is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #1953
harkirath
Private
 
Drives: 2009 335i e90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
welcome! for intake valve cleaning, i will recommend elk grove bmw, talk to bob caudle and he can hook u up. tell him it's eric on the silver 335 and the x5 refers over. he's a very cool SA and he's been doing tons of favor to me.

for DP and coilover, contact member "blisstik", he's local in rancho and he's been doing a lot of install himself. including mine, i think he did at least 7 times on coilover install and he's been installing and uninstalling his DP 6-7 times. he will be able to help you out.
ever worked with Chris Lawson out at Elk Grove BMW? He's been my SA and seems to be pretty cool with any potential mods. Haven't gotten any real favors though.
harkirath is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #1954
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lawwailok's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,916
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkirath View Post
ever worked with Chris Lawson out at Elk Grove BMW? He's been my SA and seems to be pretty cool with any potential mods. Haven't gotten any real favors though.
yep, chris is a cool guy too. he is a mod friendly SA. just make sure what needs to be taken off prior the service. just ask him and he will tell you what mod can stays what cannot.
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
lawwailok is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #1955
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkirath View Post
ever worked with Chris Lawson out at Elk Grove BMW? He's been my SA and seems to be pretty cool with any potential mods. Haven't gotten any real favors though.
Mod friendly indeed. just don't leave your damn DP's in.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #1956
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
 
lawwailok's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 1,916
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Mod friendly indeed. just don't leave your damn DP's in.
+1, and whatever tune you have, take them out or un-flash them back to stock. other than that, Bob and Chris are super nice SA to work with. my car is on coilover, Brembo GT bbk, modified bmw performance exhaust with 2nd kitty delete, ETS fmic, ER charge pipe, forge DVs, and cobb PTF. i left everything there except cobb for all my warranty works including new wastegates replacements. absolutely no problem at all.
__________________
-eric
E90 335i TiAg *STOCK* see my garage for mod list..
E70 X5 SGM *try to stay stock* :/
lawwailok is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #1957
johnthefinest
Registered
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Walnut Creek

Posts: 0
iTrader: (0)

wassup guys, thinking of swapping out my steering wheel for a quick release steering set-up. I was hoping to find out which brands are best , please let me know.
johnthefinest is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #1958
igor_ki
Captain
 
igor_ki's Avatar
 
Drives: anything!
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 766
iTrader: (3)

Hello
igor_ki is offline   Russian Federation
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST