E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Problems with Duke Dynamics



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
shepard10
First class N55
shepard10's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Problems with Duke Dynamics

So I don't even where to begin with this.. I don't know if anyone else has had problems with Duke Dynamics but I just recently encountered a problem with them and would like to share it with everyone on the community.

So, on January 6th, I ordered a carbon fiber diffuser for my E93 335i on the website JG Mods. After exchanging emails with the guy from JG mods, I was very impressed by his quick response time and detailed emails he was writing me. He would typically write back within the hour. At the very beginning I was having some payment issues with Paypal so that is the reason for exchanging so many emails. So on January 7th, my order finally went through and he sent me an email saying, "Just got the payment, emailing the order to Duke Dynamics, ASIA as we speak. You'll have tracking information once it becomes available."

I didn't hear for him for a couple days so I emailed him on January 9th saying, "any news?" The guy from JG Mods responded with, "Order was put in, payment was sent from us to DD. Just waiting on tracking. Will probably get it once they finish building the diffuser."

Again, Great response time and information from the guy from JG mods. Now just a reminder, This guy has no affiliation with the people who work at Duke Dynamics, they are just a company that he works with for items.

Now, after not hearing from him for a week, he emailed me on January 18th saying, "Got a response finally, still being built." Great.. The website told me it would only take 2 weeks to arrive at my house.

After 5 or 6 emails back and forth about what to do, I find out he got a response back from Duke Dynamics, "This is what I received back in response from DD:

"Sorry for the late reply, Iíve checked with our staff on the weekend. The postal service and other carriers do not accept our shipment due the Chinese New Year closer. Everyone from the agency/company already stopped workings. So we have other alternative option to ship the diffuser out. We can only wait until the CNY is over in about a week from now. Iím really sorry, cause we have no control over this holidays shit."

Makes sense, I know that all factories shut down for CNY for about 2 weeks, what I didn't expect was for them to take so long that CNY would even get in the way of this order.. I'm pretty pissed at them right now for pullin this crap, but now there's pretty much nothing no one can do until Chinese New Year is done and over with."

Ok, makes sense, I understand now! Now that the new year is almost over with, I should receive it soon, right? No.

This went on for ANOTHER WEEK and on February 11th they told the guy at JG Mods that they "stating they built an E90 one by mistake confusing your order with another" ...... So here I am presented with another excuse. The guy at JG mods told me that I could cancel my payment and he would help me find another diffuser but I decided to stick with it.

Here comes February 25th and I finally get an email that appears to show that Duke Dynamics is finally getting there sh** together and assembling my diffuser. I mean lets be honest, how long does it take to make a cast of a diffuser... The email read,

"Was able to speak to them on the phone, finally got a phone number from them after countless emails. He said your diffuser is done and he's going to be giving it to the forwarder tomorrow to give to Fedex. He said he should have a tracking number no later than Friday and as well is going to send me a photo of proof with your name and the diffuser so I know he's not BSing me again. Crossing my fingers that this all works out this time, really at the last straw with these guys."

After 50 DAYS of communicating, Duke Dynamics decides to give the manager at JG mods a phone number...? That is ridiculous...

So FINALLY, After 51 days I got a picture with the diffuser and my Name, address, and phone number attached to it.



I would like to THANK JG MODS for being extremely compliant and I was very amazed by their customer service. This was not bashing on JG mods AT ALL. They did all, if not more, than they could. I would highly recommend JG mods, just maybe giving you a warning on Duke Dynamics.

Yes, I know that was very long but hopefully I informed some of you on this company and gave you a fore warning if you were thinking of ordering something from them.

Also, I will be making a build thread when I install my diffuser Very happy on how it looks in the picture, hopefully it will look just as good in person!
__________________

BMW | BURGER TUNING | VALENTINE | VMR | VREDESTEIN | BILLY BOAT | FESLER BUILT | FILM DYNAMICS |
Instagram: colarbear
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98044295@N08/

Last edited by shepard10; 02-26-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
AughtOcho335
Lieutenant
8
Rep
445
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Next level anticipation!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #3
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
kdbryce's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
4,319
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

I know those things are pricey, and for the money you should def get the service.

But it was certainly a bad time for them. 51 days seems like a really long time, but I know that I get super lazy around breaks and holidays. Considering build time and ship time, especially around CNY, I think some slack should be given. And this is coming from the most impatient person of all time.

Glad you finally got it, but I don't think they really did much wrong. Like I said, just poor timing. Not your fault or theirs.
__________________
13 Black Sapphire e92 335i - 10 Le Mans Blue e92 335i - 09 Monaco Blue e92 328i xdrive - 07 Sparkling Graphite e92 328xi
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #4
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
kdbryce's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
4,319
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Btw it's going to look AMAZING.
__________________
13 Black Sapphire e92 335i - 10 Le Mans Blue e92 335i - 09 Monaco Blue e92 328i xdrive - 07 Sparkling Graphite e92 328xi
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #5
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
e92_enthusiast_1's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,589
Posts

 
Drives: '10 AW/CR e92 6mt 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Grats man. Diffuser looks fast just sitting on the floor!
__________________
COBB AP Stg 2+ FMIC Sport | VRSF 3" Catless DP | COBB FMIC | BMS DCI | CP-e Metal Charge Pipe | 370+ whp/435+ lb.ft torque
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:50 PM   #6
shepard10
First class N55
shepard10's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post
I know those things are pricey, and for the money you should def get the service.

But it was certainly a bad time for them. 51 days seems like a really long time, but I know that I get super lazy around breaks and holidays. Considering build time and ship time, especially around CNY, I think some slack should be given. And this is coming from the most impatient person of all time.

Glad you finally got it, but I don't think they really did much wrong. Like I said, just poor timing. Not your fault or theirs.
no.... I still havnt gotten it. They sent this from their factory. Still hasn't been shipped.
__________________

BMW | BURGER TUNING | VALENTINE | VMR | VREDESTEIN | BILLY BOAT | FESLER BUILT | FILM DYNAMICS |
Instagram: colarbear
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98044295@N08/
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:51 PM   #7
shepard10
First class N55
shepard10's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_enthusiast_1 View Post
Grats man. Diffuser looks fast just sitting on the floor!
^^^^
__________________

BMW | BURGER TUNING | VALENTINE | VMR | VREDESTEIN | BILLY BOAT | FESLER BUILT | FILM DYNAMICS |
Instagram: colarbear
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98044295@N08/
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #8
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
kdbryce's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
4,319
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i 6mt
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepard10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post
I know those things are pricey, and for the money you should def get the service.

But it was certainly a bad time for them. 51 days seems like a really long time, but I know that I get super lazy around breaks and holidays. Considering build time and ship time, especially around CNY, I think some slack should be given. And this is coming from the most impatient person of all time.

Glad you finally got it, but I don't think they really did much wrong. Like I said, just poor timing. Not your fault or theirs.
no.... I still havnt gotten it. They sent this from their factory. Still hasn't been shipped.
Oh shit I must have misread.

I've been through long waits before. They're never easy.
__________________
13 Black Sapphire e92 335i - 10 Le Mans Blue e92 335i - 09 Monaco Blue e92 328i xdrive - 07 Sparkling Graphite e92 328xi
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #9
335iGunda
Banned
0
Rep
30
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Damn! I really want there quad carbon fiber diffuser, there the only ones that make a nice one like this for the mtech rear.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #10
e92_enthusiast_1
Lieutenant Colonel
e92_enthusiast_1's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,589
Posts

 
Drives: '10 AW/CR e92 6mt 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I get it. You're upset and its still not shipped. Sucks. Im just trying to lighten the mood up in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepard10 View Post
^^^^
__________________
COBB AP Stg 2+ FMIC Sport | VRSF 3" Catless DP | COBB FMIC | BMS DCI | CP-e Metal Charge Pipe | 370+ whp/435+ lb.ft torque
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 10:55 PM   #11
shepard10
First class N55
shepard10's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_enthusiast_1 View Post
I get it. You're upset and its still not shipped. Sucks. Im just trying to lighten the mood up in here.
true.
__________________

BMW | BURGER TUNING | VALENTINE | VMR | VREDESTEIN | BILLY BOAT | FESLER BUILT | FILM DYNAMICS |
Instagram: colarbear
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98044295@N08/
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #12
Taran.J
Youtube.com/Taran861 ModMyEuro.com
Taran.J's Avatar
United_States
75
Rep
5,103
Posts

 
Drives: '07 e90 328i & multiple Merc's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tacoma/Puyallup, WA

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Skype™ to Taran.J
Good guy JG MODS.

But DD has some shit coming there way if this is what buyers are going through.

Happy to see you got your order finally OP
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:23 AM   #13
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
DC_Oldboy's Avatar
United_States
74
Rep
5,301
Posts

 
Drives: like an old person.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bothell, WA

iTrader: (39)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.11]
Damn thats a long wait.. I'm still amazed that people are still ordering from them.. You would think they should have a few or some diffuser pre-made so they can ship it out right away..

Anyway I hope it arrives safely!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 02:39 AM   #14
Dos Plunder
Private
Dos Plunder's Avatar
0
Rep
63
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Montego Blue
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boise Id

iTrader: (0)

That diffuser looks pretty awesome though. I think it will be worth the wait. I have always heard great things about JGmods so good thing you had someone in your corner!
__________________

07 BMW 335i E90 Montego Blue.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #15
asped
bimmzz35
asped's Avatar
Lebanon
1
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: bmw 335i FBO
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: saudi arabia and lebanon

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to asped
When I ordered my cf quad diffuser, it took about 2 weeks, they also sent me a photo before they shipped it. But they never told me when they actually shipped it. Suddenly I receive a call from fedex that I have a package from china, and it was the diffuser. I remember they used to have fitting issues but later they fixed it. And thank god mine fitted like oem. Of course you also need to have an oem mtech bumper for perfect fitment cause I honestly don't know about the replica bumpers. Replicas always need adjustments, I hope you receive your diffuser asap you'd love it !
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #16
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
Dark_Knight_335's Avatar
United_States
156
Rep
10,687
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (27)

So many bad feedback from DD over the years. Guess I know what company NOT to get my external mods from!

JG MODS, however, are aces!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #17
shepard10
First class N55
shepard10's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asped View Post
When I ordered my cf quad diffuser, it took about 2 weeks, they also sent me a photo before they shipped it. But they never told me when they actually shipped it. Suddenly I receive a call from fedex that I have a package from china, and it was the diffuser. I remember they used to have fitting issues but later they fixed it. And thank god mine fitted like oem. Of course you also need to have an oem mtech bumper for perfect fitment cause I honestly don't know about the replica bumpers. Replicas always need adjustments, I hope you receive your diffuser asap you'd love it !
I know you got a diffuser from them but does anyone know if I can remove the red Duke Dynamics label in the middle of the diffuser?? Is it just a sticker?
__________________

BMW | BURGER TUNING | VALENTINE | VMR | VREDESTEIN | BILLY BOAT | FESLER BUILT | FILM DYNAMICS |
Instagram: colarbear
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98044295@N08/
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #18
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
AzureHaze's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
1,580
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335d Sport
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

With the trouble they just caused you, that diffuser better be shipped overnight! Wanna bet it's just ground shipping though?
__________________
Mods: JBD @ 100% | Weisslicht LED side lenses | CF pillar trim | Cyba 4" dry carbon tips | CF trunk spoiler | LUX H8 V3 | 193M w/ Michelin PSS | BMS 12/15mm spacers | LTMW CF interior wrap | BSW Stage 1 | CF shifter trim | CF steering wheel trim | m-sport steering wheel | CF pedal set | CF license plate frames | Ziza LED interior kit | Euro side mirrors | M3 rep front bumper | Coded
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #19
Maestro
Captain
44
Rep
905
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

The interesting part if you go to JG Mods website they claim to have 2 in stock, so why did they have to send a special order to china.

I suspect the company who is actually making these things in China, workers did not return after CYN, it a common thing in China that works return home for the Holiday and some % of them never return to the factories where they worked. I work for a company who we contract China manufacturers to make our stuff, and we learned a long time ago, you build as much of the Q1 stuff prior to CYN, since they tend to be slow getting back up to speed.

Well to the world of globalization, even the online companies do not actually carry the parts, they wait for the order and then send it to the manufacture and hope they have the stuff in stock.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #20
JGMODS
Major General
JGMODS's Avatar
United_States
111
Rep
5,666
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i Modded
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [3.44]
Send a message via AIM to JGMODS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
The interesting part if you go to JG Mods website they claim to have 2 in stock, so why did they have to send a special order to china.

I suspect the company who is actually making these things in China, workers did not return after CYN, it a common thing in China that works return home for the Holiday and some % of them never return to the factories where they worked. I work for a company who we contract China manufacturers to make our stuff, and we learned a long time ago, you build as much of the Q1 stuff prior to CYN, since they tend to be slow getting back up to speed.

Well to the world of globalization, even the online companies do not actually carry the parts, they wait for the order and then send it to the manufacture and hope they have the stuff in stock.
If you look at the very bottom of the product page's description.

"Duke Dynamic products are typically "Made to Order", so even if our website lists the product in stock, it may still need to be built over seas and then shipped to you." is listed clearly on all DD products.

We update our inventory weekly to bi-weekly and get lists from our suppliers for "in stock". Only problem is that even if the product is told to us as being "in stock", it can be in either the US, Canada, or still overseas. Hope this helps. In no way are we ever trying to mislead any of our clients, we aren't in this business to mess anyone over, that's poor business practice, and we do not operate that way.

And Cole, I can't tell you how bad I personally feel about the entire delay this order had. I could apologies over and over to be honest, because I feel just as let down as you did. Unfortunately no one had any control over CNY and the delays it caused.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #21
shepard10
First class N55
shepard10's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS View Post
If you look at the very bottom of the product page's description.

"Duke Dynamic products are typically "Made to Order", so even if our website lists the product in stock, it may still need to be built over seas and then shipped to you." is listed clearly on all DD products.

We update our inventory weekly to bi-weekly and get lists from our suppliers for "in stock". Only problem is that even if the product is told to us as being "in stock", it can be in either the US, Canada, or still overseas. Hope this helps. In no way are we ever trying to mislead any of our clients, we aren't in this business to mess anyone over, that's poor business practice, and we do not operate that way.

And Cole, I can't tell you how bad I personally feel about the entire delay this order had. I could apologies over and over to be honest, because I feel just as let down as you did. Unfortunately no one had any control over CNY and the delays it caused.
You shouldn't be the one apologizing. It should be someone at Duke Dynamics apologizing. You did everything you could if not more and I thank you for that. HOPEFULLY the fitment is on point or else I will lose it
__________________

BMW | BURGER TUNING | VALENTINE | VMR | VREDESTEIN | BILLY BOAT | FESLER BUILT | FILM DYNAMICS |
Instagram: colarbear
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98044295@N08/
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #22
335iGunda
Banned
0
Rep
30
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Just curious, did the diffuser come in yet, and how was the fitment?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST