E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > downpipe install in 626?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
iSCRAPE
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Too Slow
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 282
iTrader: (12)

downpipe install in 626?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about picking up some down pipes but I need a place or person to help withhe install because I'm not mechanically inclined to do it myself lol. Ltbmw charges around 250 but my budget is limited. Does anyone know a good shop that can do it for under 200 or if anyone kind enough on the forums can help me do it for around that price range? Thanks I'm advance!
iSCRAPE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
KRUZN335
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F10 535
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,755
iTrader: (10)

I would just get it done at LTBMW rather than try to save $50 or so...esp knowing they treat everyones car like its their own!
KRUZN335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
e90fun
('''\(;,,,;)/''')
 
e90fun's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335i e90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, CA / Santa Rosa, CA

Posts: 1,683
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUZN335 View Post
I would just get it done at LTBMW rather than try to save $50 or so...esp knowing they treat everyones car like its their own!
+1. Longs price is extremely competitive with everyone out there.

most of the time you looking at 275-300 from what ive seen.

also, cant beat their waiting room. hd tv, xbox, ps3, arcade machine, and assorted goodies laying around the table! om nom nom nom
__________________
Stock 08` Alpine White E90 335i
e90fun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #4
HAZEx36
BURRITO
 
HAZEx36's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG, E92 335i, AP1 S2K
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ROS ANGERES

Posts: 400
iTrader: (15)

I had mine installed by jachien (forum) member. See if you can get a hold of him through pm as i no longer have his phone number. Think he charged me around $100 for the install.
__________________
HAZEx36 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 01:57 AM   #5
jmbillsta
Private
 
Drives: 08 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: oc

Posts: 83
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
pm sent
jmbillsta is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 02:27 AM   #6
iSCRAPE
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Too Slow
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 282
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fun View Post
+1. Longs price is extremely competitive with everyone out there.

most of the time you looking at 275-300 from what ive seen.

also, cant beat their waiting room. hd tv, xbox, ps3, arcade machine, and assorted goodies laying around the table! om nom nom nom
Oh no doubt, LTBMW is the shit. I was just there this weekend, just looking for alternatives because I'm low on funds. I'm picking up the PLM dp's for 275 so it's kind of hard to justify the 250 install price .. but then again the labor is intensive. I'm more looking for a forum member or an experienced person to help me out, I'm not mechanically inclined but there's a DIY .. I'm just afraid to attempt it myself lol
iSCRAPE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 02:28 AM   #7
iSCRAPE
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Too Slow
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 282
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAZEx36 View Post
I had mine installed by jachien (forum) member. See if you can get a hold of him through pm as i no longer have his phone number. Think he charged me around $100 for the install.
I'm trying to contact him .. unfortunately his posts are from 09 Do you happen to have his email or anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbillsta View Post
pm sent
Thanks buddy, will look into that!
iSCRAPE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 61,057
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
LTBMW!!!
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
iSCRAPE
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Too Slow
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 282
iTrader: (12)

Hitting up jachien this weekend for the install! updates to come!
iSCRAPE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
darkevo
Commander
 
darkevo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d MSport, 2010 Prius
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angles, CA

Posts: 250
iTrader: (9)

Send a message via AIM to darkevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUZN335 View Post
I would just get it done at LTBMW rather than try to save $50 or so...esp knowing they treat everyones car like its their own!
+2

Not worth getting it done wrong to save a couple bucks, LTBMW did a great job on mine.

Yeah it is a little sticker shock compaired to the prices I was used to paying getting evo parts put on, but hey it's a more expensive car.. so what do you expect. Just need to do the mods at slower pace.

BTW I had some fitment issues with the PLM pipes, and went with Active Autoworks, fit much better. Goodluck!
__________________
2011 335D E90 M-sport Space Gray - JBD, K&N, M3 interior conversion, GiroDisc Rotors
2010 Prius III
1997 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
darkevo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
Stangorang
Major
 
Stangorang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (9)

Daniel Ross (714-606-1174)

He is mobile and will do it for $180 and will be done in less than 1.5 hours.
Stangorang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #12
iSCRAPE
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Too Slow
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 282
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkevo View Post
+2

Not worth getting it done wrong to save a couple bucks, LTBMW did a great job on mine.

Yeah it is a little sticker shock compaired to the prices I was used to paying getting evo parts put on, but hey it's a more expensive car.. so what do you expect. Just need to do the mods at slower pace.

BTW I had some fitment issues with the PLM pipes, and went with Active Autoworks, fit much better. Goodluck!
lol forum member jachien is gonna help me out for 100 .. i think that's a good discount from 250.
iSCRAPE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #13
iSCRAPE
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Too Slow
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 282
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangorang View Post
Daniel Ross (714-606-1174)

He is mobile and will do it for $180 and will be done in less than 1.5 hours.
thanks, i'll hit him up if my current installer falls through
iSCRAPE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #14
TypicalCat
Major
 
TypicalCat's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: OC

Posts: 1,262
iTrader: (1)

LTBMW... nuff said
TypicalCat is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #15
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
 
PaulBailey@ltbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 26,760
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to PaulBailey@ltbmw
Let me know if you would like to set something up.
PaulBailey@ltbmw is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #16
iSCRAPE
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Too Slow
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 282
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBailey@ltbmw View Post
Let me know if you would like to set something up.
Thanks Paul, LTBMW is good people no doubt. I've been in and out of LTBMW for various installs from spacers to fender rolls to LCI tails etc.. I'm just trying to get the most out of my buck on installs so I could spend more on other mods.
iSCRAPE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #17
HAZEx36
BURRITO
 
HAZEx36's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG, E92 335i, AP1 S2K
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ROS ANGERES

Posts: 400
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92power View Post
lol forum member jachien is gonna help me out for 100 .. i think that's a good discount from 250.
yea the dude knows his stuff.
__________________
HAZEx36 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 01:56 AM   #18
iSCRAPE
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Too Slow
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: L.A.

Posts: 282
iTrader: (12)

Quick Update:
Had my PLM downpipes installed by forum member jachien over the weekend. Real friendly guy and seemed very knowledgeable of what he was doing. He worked on the dp in his garage and we were just choppin it up about lakers, cars, etc. lol. He finished the job in a little under 2 and a half hours. Overall, a very good experience and customer service at a fraction of the price of other body shops I was quoted for. Almost forgot to mention, he also works at Wide Open Throttle in Cerritos, so he knows what he's doing. Although he's not active on the forums, shoot him a quick PM over at jachien and he'll respond.

Review of the PLM catless dp's:
Wow these are actually really nice for a set of ebay dp's. Welds were good and fitment wasn't too bad. An experienced tech could get the job done in 2 1/2 hours. It added a nice subtle growl to my stock exhaust system, nothing too obnoxious. Sounds comparable to an aftermarket exhaust system.Slight odors at first but they fade away. I would definitely recommended these dp's for those who don't have the cash to spend on some AR's, these will do just fine.
iSCRAPE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #19
Jgcdude1
the bees knees!
 
Drives: 335i E93
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Covina

Posts: 264
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2003 E46 325Ci  [0.00]
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
2011 E93 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUZN335 View Post
I would just get it done at LTBMW rather than try to save $50 or so...esp knowing they treat everyones car like its their own!
^ what he said, long is the man!
__________________
335i E93 Le Mans Blue/BMW Performance Shifter
328i E92 Space Gray/BMW Performance Shifter/M-tech Lip/LED Halos
325Ci E46 Titanium Silver
Jgcdude1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #20
Toker335i
Captain
 
Toker335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i/Sold--10" GTR
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Socal

Posts: 855
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92power View Post
Quick Update:
Had my PLM downpipes installed by forum member jachien over the weekend. Real friendly guy and seemed very knowledgeable of what he was doing. He worked on the dp in his garage and we were just choppin it up about lakers, cars, etc. lol. He finished the job in a little under 2 and a half hours. Overall, a very good experience and customer service at a fraction of the price of other body shops I was quoted for. Almost forgot to mention, he also works at Wide Open Throttle in Cerritos, so he knows what he's doing. Although he's not active on the forums, shoot him a quick PM over at jachien and he'll respond.

Review of the PLM catless dp's:
Wow these are actually really nice for a set of ebay dp's. Welds were good and fitment wasn't too bad. An experienced tech could get the job done in 2 1/2 hours. It added a nice subtle growl to my stock exhaust system, nothing too obnoxious. Sounds comparable to an aftermarket exhaust system.Slight odors at first but they fade away. I would definitely recommended these dp's for those who don't have the cash to spend on some AR's, these will do just fine.
good review, im meeting up with Jaychien this saturday so he can install my AR Downpipes

Can't wait, awesome price too!
__________________
10' Solid Red GTR

08' 335i 6MT - Sold
92' NA 300ZX 5speed - Sold
06 IS350 - Sold
Toker335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #21
bmw328icoupeeddie
Second Lieutenant
 
bmw328icoupeeddie's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 328i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 626

Posts: 272
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to bmw328icoupeeddie Send a message via Skype™ to bmw328icoupeeddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92power View Post
Quick Update:
Had my PLM downpipes installed by forum member jachien over the weekend. Real friendly guy and seemed very knowledgeable of what he was doing. He worked on the dp in his garage and we were just choppin it up about lakers, cars, etc. lol. He finished the job in a little under 2 and a half hours. Overall, a very good experience and customer service at a fraction of the price of other body shops I was quoted for. Almost forgot to mention, he also works at Wide Open Throttle in Cerritos, so he knows what he's doing. Although he's not active on the forums, shoot him a quick PM over at jachien and he'll respond.

Review of the PLM catless dp's:
Wow these are actually really nice for a set of ebay dp's. Welds were good and fitment wasn't too bad. An experienced tech could get the job done in 2 1/2 hours. It added a nice subtle growl to my stock exhaust system, nothing too obnoxious. Sounds comparable to an aftermarket exhaust system.Slight odors at first but they fade away. I would definitely recommended these dp's for those who don't have the cash to spend on some AR's, these will do just fine.
LTBMW should recruit this guy!
__________________
bmw328icoupeeddie is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST