E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > ChewBACHa e92 335i build thread (Updates 4/7/2016 *scroll down+Page 2*)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2016, 12:00 AM   #1
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

ChewBACHa e92 335i build thread (Updates 4/7/2016 *scroll down+Page 2*)

Hi e90posters,

My name is Bach (like Spock, with a B), current owner of a 2009 e92 Space grey 335i pre-LCI..I named her bella haha.

about me:
-Denver, Colorado (Go Broncos)
-Currently pursuing my live long dream as becoming a freelance commercial automotive photography as well as wedding and portrait photography.
-Love Formula One (Go Vettel)
-Love gaming!
-Finesse est. 2014 - A car club consist of me and my friends

Follow me on IG @EHTSBVCHHH

Bought her as a commuter's car, Automatic for the rough morning traffic. I soon discovered about my free school bus pass so now, I wish I would've bought a stick-shift but oh well, either way she's a blast to drive.

Little sad story that happened.

I bought her around 62k miles, completely flawless, previous owner had taken very good care of the car. interior still had the factory smell!

A short while later, there was a major hail storm in Colorado and Bella was parked outside since I was out with my friends. Needless to say the damage was imminent. On the way back I got into a minor car accident which ended in a result of a broken fender and a broken headlight. I'll spare you guys my nightmare and stress of repairing the car but needless to say, she's here again and I couldn't be any happier...finally spending money on mods, not repair haha.

Here are a few pics I snap real quick a few days ago before the major mods go in. Hopefully, you guys enjoy watching my car grow








Last edited by bachn2324; 04-07-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 12:42 AM   #2
BayMoWe335
Lieutenant Colonel
232
Rep
1,763
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Welcome, nice car.

Suggestions:
LCI Tails
Front License Plate Delete
OEM Aero Lip
Tint
Has it had its failed injectors replaced?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 12:59 AM   #3
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Welcome, nice car.

Suggestions:
LCI Tails
Front License Plate Delete
OEM Aero Lip
Tint
Has it had its failed injectors replaced?
Thank you

LCI tail is a must! Will spare the OEM Aero lip for a bigger project...

Failed injectors? Never actually heard anything about that. How can I tell?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 04:40 AM   #4
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
3048
Rep
4,444
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Welcome and nice pics!

Agree it needs a front lip though!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 05:12 AM   #5
n54SQUAD
Second Lieutenant
17
Rep
207
Posts

Drives: Alpine White, Coral Red 335i
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Big project I'm either guessing msport ? Bumpers or even a 1m in the future !
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #6
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Welcome and nice pics!

Agree it needs a front lip though!
OMG it's TVtara! haha sorry for the over excitement, I've enjoy watching some of your DIYs on youtube
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #7
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54SQUAD View Post
Big project I'm either guessing msport ? Bumpers or even a 1m in the future !
Oooo You're getting hotter, but it's a lot bigger than just a simple bumper swap...you can already tell what it is going to be but I'm not gonna spoil anything until the parts start showing up
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #8
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
bimmette's Avatar
Canada
3048
Rep
4,444
Posts

Drives: like I stole it! (07 335i E93)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachn2324
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Welcome and nice pics!

Agree it needs a front lip though!
OMG it's TVtara! haha sorry for the over excitement, I've enjoy watching some of your DIYs on youtube
Haha!

Bigger than a whole bumper swap? Wow!
Happy modding!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 11:04 AM   #9
BayMoWe335
Lieutenant Colonel
232
Rep
1,763
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachn2324 View Post
Thank you

LCI tail is a must! Will spare the OEM Aero lip for a bigger project...

Failed injectors? Never actually heard anything about that. How can I tell?
If you haven't heard, these cars have injector, HPFP, and turbo/wastegate issues. Read up so you're prepared when they inevitably fail.

You can pull the injectors and look at the numbers on them to tell if they are the new vs the old. Also, check into extended warranty. I don't know if it's only for original owners, but many of the things i mentioned are covered 10yrs/120k miles by BMW. I just had all 6 injectors replaced under the extended warratny for $0 on my 2010 w/ 36k miles.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #10
Alen E90
Major General
Alen E90's Avatar
United_States
360
Rep
9,991
Posts

Drives: E90 328i TiAg
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (7)

Congrats on the E92 and can't wait to see what mods you have in store for her! Btw the pics look sick!
__________________

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #11
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
Congrats on the E92 and can't wait to see what mods you have in store for her! Btw the pics look sick!
Thank you! I appreciate it Can't wait either, shipping wait man
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #12
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
If you haven't heard, these cars have injector, HPFP, and turbo/wastegate issues. Read up so you're prepared when they inevitably fail.

You can pull the injectors and look at the numbers on them to tell if they are the new vs the old. Also, check into extended warranty. I don't know if it's only for original owners, but many of the things i mentioned are covered 10yrs/120k miles by BMW. I just had all 6 injectors replaced under the extended warratny for $0 on my 2010 w/ 36k miles.
at 36k? Really? I heard that BMW only replace them if they completely failed. I'll look into it more...wonder if it could be the cause for my p0420/30 codes
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #13
BayMoWe335
Lieutenant Colonel
232
Rep
1,763
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachn2324 View Post
at 36k? Really? I heard that BMW only replace them if they completely failed. I'll look into it more...wonder if it could be the cause for my p0420/30 codes
3/6,of mine failed and they replaced them all. Had to be towed to the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 12:20 AM   #14
deathmetaldrums
Private
Canada
4
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: 2008 e90
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Victoria, British Columbia

iTrader: (0)

Nice car, great photos.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 01:18 AM   #15
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmetaldrums View Post
Nice car, great photos.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 12:19 AM   #16
PichaDis11
Major
PichaDis11's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
1,458
Posts

Drives: E90 N52
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY

iTrader: (3)

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. Seems the mod bug has already bitten. Looking forward to see what you have in store for her.
__________________
fitted: $609, $620, $6VA, $6VC, $6NR, $6FL, $614, $615 Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror, LCI Halogen Head Lights, Wheels, ECS Geomet Slotted Rotors, Akebono Pads.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #17
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. Seems the mod bug has already bitten. Looking forward to see what you have in store for her.
Thanks man! Just gotta wait for the parts to be delivered
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 05:28 PM   #18
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Ermmm Perfeermmennceee

Finally here! Whoop Whoop!

woke up to the mail map dropping this bad boy off. Wow, such a beautiful Steering wheel. Was going to grab the electronic version but I don't plan to track this car that much so there was no point spending 1300 on something that I won't need. Now just need to find time to install it...



PS4 on the ground for better WIFI lol







Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 09:08 PM   #19
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Finally installed

Finally got her installed, lol was a pain in the ass.

Here's some pics I grabbed on my way home from work.








Still needs paddles, in the process of grabbing a pair of m3 paddles. Wanted the LCI more but this steering wheel with the m3 is perfect fitment and plug and play and I don't want anymore headaches from this retrofit...:thump:

Will also have to be putting small mods off for a little bit, grabbing a couple stuff for bigger projects and have to do the 70k mile routine services this throughout March, pockets going empty for a little bit haha.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #20
sailorJerryJr
New Member
sailorJerryJr's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachn2324 View Post
Finally got her installed, lol was a pain in the ass.

Here's some pics I grabbed on my way home from work.








Still needs paddles, in the process of grabbing a pair of m3 paddles. Wanted the LCI more but this steering wheel with the m3 is perfect fitment and plug and play and I don't want anymore headaches from this retrofit...:thump:

Will also have to be putting small mods off for a little bit, grabbing a couple stuff for bigger projects and have to do the 70k mile routine services this throughout March, pockets going empty for a little bit haha.
Gettin all pornographic in the driver seat😍
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #21
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorJerryJr View Post
Gettin all pornographic in the driver seat😍
haha thanks! Was honestly being pushed off by my japanese friends for holding off this mod until later but hey, what do they know about having nice interiors right? haha
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 10:30 PM   #22
bachn2324
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i coupe xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Small Update! Sorry I've gone ghost lately, Just been super busy with work and photography as well as maintenance as my car hit 70k.

Good news?

- I got my oil filter housing gasket fixed, Asked the shop to do a check up and they said everything looked okay, belt didn't stretch, no further damage from the leak.
-Brakes are good, fluid levels are good, basically all the small stuff are great.
-Fuel injectors have been updated! That means i don't have to worry about them

Bad news?

-Still need to do a walnut blasting
-waiting for the water pump to fail haha

Anyways here's what I've been up to O_O

So I got a Banner with my car club , It actually grows on you. I've gotten a lot of disagreements but It think it will look well as the car starts to grow, also planning to wrap it a good color that will compliment the red






Last edited by bachn2324; 04-07-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
#photography #spacegrey #e92 #335i

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST