E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 320D M Sport Plus

08-12-2011, 04:58 AM   #45
rich1068
has left the building

Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydarthdub View Post
I nearly pee'd with excitement.

Good luck with the collection/delivery. Don't worry too much about what to check. I think we all ask this question but it all goes out of the window once you see the motor. You try and do a slow look round but you're not concentrating.

Have you ordered all the nav do da? Don't forget to register with ConnectedDrive or whatever it's called.
rich1068 is offline   United Kingdom
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 06:00 AM   #46
dirtydarthdub
Private

Drives: 320D M Sport Plus

Wish I could have taken delivery up in Thurso, it was melting hot and stunning sunshine yesterday....Glasgow is constant drizzle so a very beady eye is going to be needed checking the paint/bodywork. I think that most of the guys from the office are going to come have a look anyway so there will be more than one pair of eyes!

Just popped round to BMW at Hillington to order the black grills at lunch .....and they can get them in for later today. WIN!

ETA - yeah went with the ipod/usb input and the smaller nav. If I went any more then I would have had to start paying for things and would have gotten a bit carried away adding stuff. Just wanted it to be able to see my music better really! Oh and the Business Speakers.

How do you do the connected drive thing? Do you need the reg plate etc? As I say I wasn't expecting the car for another 2 weeks so haven't really made contact with the dealership who are down in England.

Last edited by dirtydarthdub; 08-12-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #47
B33M3R
Captain

Drives: F10 520d M Sport

Enjoy!
F10 520d M Sport Auto - Sophisto Grey Xirallic - 19" 351M - HK Audio - Sun Protection Glass - Spoiler - Professional Media - Enhanced Bluetooth - Adaptive Headlights - MFD - Ambient Lighting - Folding Mirrors - Reversing Camera
Check out my E90stereo install guide - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540954
B33M3R is offline   United Kingdom
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 06:32 AM   #48
dirtydarthdub
Private

Thanks! Was supposed to do some birthday shopping for the gf tomorrow, that's feeling pretty unlikely right now!

I take it that the grill is just a few screw out, swap the grills over and then screws back in again? No crazy access issues etc?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 08:05 AM   #49
dirtydarthdub
Private

It's here.

I

Love

Le

Mans

Blue.

No time to play with it so back to the desk and get on with as much work as I can manage without going back out just to look at it for the 15th time or going on here looking for stuff.

Thanks to all the guys on here for the advice and photos - you made my decision easier than the BMW dealership guys did!

Hope I can contribute properly to this forum now!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #50
Dizzle
Major

Drives: 320d M Sport

08-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #51
dirtydarthdub
Private

The alloys, oh god the alloys. The finish is unreal. I really need to get on with some work!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #52
dirtydarthdub
Private

Ok, now I have more patience with people that take ages to get pics up of their car when they first get it......too much time driving and playing with the toys! Still not had a chance to get a good pic with the big camera, LeMans Blue is a tricky colour to capture properly with the phones camera - it just doesn't do it justice!

Decided to get some more goodies to look after the car with, just came to the office right now from CYC;

Went with the following;

Shampoo - Dodo Juice Born to be Mild, PH neutral
Wax - Dodo Juice Blue Velvet, hard wax
Quick Detailer - Dodo Juice Red Mist
Mitt - Sonus Sheepskin

And a few more microfibre towels (after sorting the Golfs paint out I can confirm that you can never have too many of these) and wax pads. Will also use the 'Poorboys Black Hole' Glaze that I have from the Golf under the wax so that I can get the deepest and wettest look.

I'll take some shots as it gets pampered.

Now looking to get the right alloy cleaner and also what the hell to do for the leather. Some people are advising Gliptone to feed it, anyone got any better products?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 06:09 AM   #53
ZURICH
Major

Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

Quote:
It's here.

I

Love

Le

Mans

Blue.

No time to play with it so back to the desk and get on with as much work as I can manage without going back out just to look at it for the 15th time or going on here looking for stuff.

Thanks to all the guys on here for the advice and photos - you made my decision easier than the BMW dealership guys did!

Hope I can contribute properly to this forum now!!!

Blue is the colour
Attached Images

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
ZURICH is offline   Switzerland
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #54
dirtydarthdub
Private

mmm, tasty Zurich.

Finally got a photo of it that was half decent - was going to get more but there was a crash on A82 Loch Lomond road so I had to drive back round the Loch and missed all the good photo ops as I had to get back to Glasgow sharpish. Was a good day up to that point.

5 forum points for the name of the car park/hotel/restaurant North of Loch Lomond that this is from;

Still to fit the black grills.....but the false floor in the boot is the perfect size to store them while I get round to it!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #55
Dizzle
Major

Superb Darth, we now have the same laptop and car it seems lol
      08-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #56
ZURICH
Major

Quote:
mmm, tasty Zurich.

Finally got a photo of it that was half decent - was going to get more but there was a crash on A82 Loch Lomond road so I had to drive back round the Loch and missed all the good photo ops as I had to get back to Glasgow sharpish. Was a good day up to that point.

5 forum points for the name of the car park/hotel/restaurant North of Loch Lomond that this is from;

Still to fit the black grills.....but the false floor in the boot is the perfect size to store them while I get round to it!
Could it be the Arrochar Hotel?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #57
dirtydarthdub
Private

It was the Drovers Inn - good big car park.

Got round to washing the car properly for the first time. Went for the Poorboys Black Hole glaze first and then one layer of Dodo Juice Blue Velvet wax. The wax was the easiest I've worked with, and the tub has barely been touched - the beading off it is quite amazing but the main wow factor was the colour, the paint looked great in the sunlight and even in the shade. The glaze and wax have left it looking really wet and glossy, couldn't be happier. Will give the quick detailer a go sometime this week.

Had to move the car to the front of the house and under a tree for some shade from the sun - can you believe in Scotland it was too hot on Sat?!

Wax On

Wax Off

It's kinda clean now

Badge and paint sparkles

Now all deep and glossy - worth all the work! I never really noticed the boot lines much before but I think it looks quite handsome from this angle

Reflection shot in the boot

All finished

One shot to play with

I was previously a bit worried that I was partly buying snake oil when going for the Dodo Juice but it really is worth the premium imo. Used very little and did a panel at a time so the buffing off was very simple.

Will see what the durability is and have the option of slapping some collinite on for the winter as it's a pretty strong wax.

Just need to work out what to buy for the leather now!

Last edited by dirtydarthdub; 08-29-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 02:54 AM   #58
Dizzle
Major

Superb Darth. Found Collinite workers well on LMB, took me an age to get of as the sun came out whislt I was applying and it ended up being in direct sunlight.
      09-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #59
sakis
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 328iA xDrive M-sport F31

Nice cars, now itīs my turn to show my aw with some little upgrades. Hope you like it!

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

sakis is offline   Finland
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 04:07 AM   #60
dirtydarthdub
Private

Still love the look of those seats, if it wasn't for the no brainer on the value for money with the sport plus kit then I would have been pretty happy with these on the M Sport.

How do you get on with the boot spoiler when closing the boot? Sometimes I just hold the inside of the boot and pull down so it closes in one and you don't touch the paintwork, but if reversed up against a wall like at home, you have to push on the boot lid - does the spoiler stand up to this or do you just stay well away from it?!

ETA - Good job with the alacantra on the steering wheel - looks OEM
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #61
Dizzle
Major

Very nice sakis.
      09-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #62
sakis
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 328iA xDrive M-sport F31

Quote:
How do you get on with the boot spoiler when closing the boot? Sometimes I just hold the inside of the boot and pull down so it closes in one and you don't touch the paintwork, but if reversed up against a wall like at home, you have to push on the boot lid - does the spoiler stand up to this or do you just stay well away from it?!
The spoiler was painted very well already and it lasts well if I have to push it. Usually I use the handle inside on trunk to close it.

Quote:
I love the alcantara seats. We have so cold weather here in winter thereīs no regret at all. The steering wheel alcantara part is made by BMW Performance and I purchase it from German ebay. Hardest part was that I have to remove the airbag when I install it.

Next Iīm thinking of installing Performance power kit (200hp & 420nm) to my car, but there is some delay in BMW Germany with tuv-sertification. So they canīt offer it in my dealer yet. Little more power is not a bad thing. Maybe the next one is 6-cylinder diesel. But after all I love my current car so much I donīt want to exchange it.
sakis is offline   Finland
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #63
ZURICH
Major

Quote:

Still love the look of those seats, if it wasn't for the no brainer on the value for money with the sport plus kit then I would have been pretty happy with these on the M Sport.

Great looking motor, Pre Lci is best all the fun without all the electrickery problems

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #64
Nee
Private

Drives: E90 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibster View Post
Hi

I've got the same Media Package Business and yes the album art does display, but only on the media menu when music is playing, although the album cover is quite small it still looks pretty cool

If you're on the nav display the only information displayed regarding media being played is the 'track' number, i.e., if you're playing an album 1 = 1st track etc., or similarly the same applies if playing a playlist, there is no other detail displayed, such as track name etc.

I don't beleive that you have to use an iPod to display album art, although that's what I've permanently got connected (through the USB interface). I'll give it a go with my HTC DHD and see if that works, but I beleive that if the artwork is available with the tracks it able to be displayed, irrespective of the source device

I'll also connect the phone via bluetooth for media streaming and see if the artwork displays this way as well

I'll post you some pics and updates within the next day

I hope this helps
I havent got the USB connection - only a AUX connection on my Business Edition - does this mean I wont be able to have the album art display?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #65
Trevorc9

Drives: Bmw 320d sports plus saloon

Could someone please put a picture up of what tools you should get in the sports plus saloon uk edition please as I have a gap in my set is this correct? Many thanks Trev.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #66
rich1068
has left the building

Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Are you referring to a space where a spanner should be? I've wondered that too. In the tray I've got the tow eye thing, screwdriver and locking wheel nut adapter.
rich1068 is offline   United Kingdom
Appreciate 0