E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bilstein B14 PSS lifetime <50tkm

07-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
Tom1s
Registered

Drives: e91

Bilstein B14 PSS lifetime <50tkm

Hi

Just wanted to share my experience with this set. I bought this set for e91 because I wanted best handling and quality.

First winter the other front damper got full of water and froze. You can imagine the ride.
My german dealer told me to send the dampers to bilstein and be without the car for 4-6 weeks or buy two front dampers in advance for 416eur/pcs so both 832e plus delivery and send old ones to bilstein.

Ok I couldnt agree so called a place who fix bilstein and they just told me to pour the water off inside the damper.

Knocking was seldom and basically in small bumps or large bumps. I changed all the other parts in front because I couldnīt believe that newest parts in my car would fail.

Knocking get worse and finally the other damper was the reason. Coating of the rod that is inside this monotube damper was failed and oils were come out. When the oils come out a little bit the piston hits the gas chamber and knocks.... just over 2 years so I fixed it in the bilstein qualified place. Half year later the other front damper failed as well. SAME reason!
Bilstein just says too bad and would not cover anything. So I think Bilsteins lifetime is no more than 50tkm.

You can guess would I ever buy bilstein again.
Attached Images