E90Post

MINHS Automotive

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Anyone having Koni Yellows set at full soft ?

03-30-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
kevinlevrone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Anyone having Koni Yellows set at full soft ?

Hi,

I will install a set of Koni Sports on my car along with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and I would like to know if anyone has them set at full soft and how does the "full soft" setting compare to the stock M-sport dampers ? I am looking to a bit more hardness over M-Sport but not much, we have quite bad roads here and I don't track my car.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
mmmnot
Custom User Title
Iran
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlevrone View Post
Hi,

I will install a set of Koni Sports on my car along with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and I would like to know if anyone has them set at full soft and how does the "full soft" setting compare to the stock M-sport dampers ? I am looking to a bit more hardness over M-Sport but not much, we have quite bad roads here and I don't track my car.
I have Koni Yellow's on H&R sport springs.

I ran the Koni's at variable positions, from soft to hard and settled on 15% from the firmest option, per my preference.

While adjusting, the softer end of these Koni's emulated my stock sport suspension. It has hard to even tell I had upgrade shocks/struts.

If comfort is a concern, it should not be. You won't have any problems on these in the softer settings. Hell, even the firmest setting leaves me begging for more.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #3
Techevo
Evo Junkie
Rep
Drives: E91 325D M-Sport, Evo 6

You should never run an adjustable damper at full soft, especially with uprated springs as the rebound damping will not be adequate. I found a 50% setting from full hard was like a limousine compared to the M-sport suspension.
Ohlins DFV with 400/800 Swifts // M3 arms and bushes // H&R anti-roll bars // Modified top mounts allowing -1.5 deg front camber // 19" MORR VS8.2 // 235/265 Pilot Super Sports // Wavetrac // Evolve remap.
Appreciate 0