E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Koni 1145 kit for 2008 E93 335i



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2017, 07:29 PM   #1
AndyW
Captain Slow
AndyW's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
727
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, USA

iTrader: (1)

Koni 1145 kit for 2008 E93 335i

Thinking about pulling the trigger with the sale going on. Thoughts on this? Are they basically the yellows plus Eibachs?
__________________
Best,
Andy

2008 335i E93 - Custom Wedge MHD Tune - HPF FMIC - Mr. 5ish intake - ER CP - cp-E catted DP's - Miro 112 wheels// 2012 135i E82 M-Sport - Stock
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 03:42 AM   #2
SE7EN335
First Lieutenant
30
Rep
300
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Yes its basically Eibach pro kit with Koni Yellows.

Definitely get them with shortened bump stops and refreshed suspension parts like strut gaskets, upper and lower strut mounts, spring perches,
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
AndyW
Captain Slow
AndyW's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
727
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE7EN335 View Post
Yes its basically Eibach pro kit with Koni Yellows.

Definitely get them with shortened bump stops and refreshed suspension parts like strut gaskets, upper and lower strut mounts, spring perches,
Definitely have a set of refresh parts in the cart.

Wrt shortened bump stops, have read two points of view on that...One, shorten to enable shocks to fully work, and two, the manufacturer designed for and expects stock bumpstops.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #4
SE7EN335
First Lieutenant
30
Rep
300
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Definitely have a set of refresh parts in the cart.

Wrt shortened bump stops, have read two points of view on that...One, shorten to enable shocks to fully work, and two, the manufacturer designed for and expects stock bumpstops.
Definitely get shortened bump stops. I followed Eibach's instructions and only cut the rear bump stops and not the front and the front rode a lot harsher than the rear. Put in e36 M3 front bump stops and the ride quality is much better. Shortened bump stops basically means that once you lower it, you maintain OEM suspension travel so your shocks travels the same distance as it does with when it was OEM height. So it will hit the bump stops as often and as hard as when it was OEM. If you leave it stock, the bottom of the shaft has less room before it hits the bump stop so it will hit it harder and more often.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #5
AndyW
Captain Slow
AndyW's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
727
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, USA

iTrader: (1)

Ok, thx!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #6
AndyW
Captain Slow
AndyW's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
727
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, USA

iTrader: (1)

Followup question...So do I get the E36 bump stops for both front and rear?

Also, Do I need the following refresh components for springs if I am going coilover? Seems like I don't but this will be my first coilover install. Ever.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-.../31336764372//

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-.../31336767500//

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-.../33536764419//

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-.../33536764420//


I am looking at getting this refresh kit plus bump stops:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...306775098kt1//
__________________
Best,
Andy

2008 335i E93 - Custom Wedge MHD Tune - HPF FMIC - Mr. 5ish intake - ER CP - cp-E catted DP's - Miro 112 wheels// 2012 135i E82 M-Sport - Stock
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 02:29 AM   #7
SE7EN335
First Lieutenant
30
Rep
300
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Followup question...So do I get the E36 bump stops for both front and rear?

Also, Do I need the following refresh components for springs if I am going coilover? Seems like I don't but this will be my first coilover install. Ever.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-.../31336764372//

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-.../31336767500//

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-.../33536764419//

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-.../33536764420//


I am looking at getting this refresh kit plus bump stops:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...306775098kt1//
Yes that refresh kit looks very complete. But personally I would just reuse the washers, bolts and nuts if they are not damaged and can thread correctly and smoothly. And yes it would be good to refresh the spring perches, most people don't refresh those but when I took mine out at barely 50k miles, the lower spring perches had a significant tear almost through it.

And E36 M3 front bump stops and Z4 M rear bump stops are the ones you need. Or you can just get the stock bump stops and cut them 1 inch from the bottom harder portion as a cheaper option.

I'm running on the Koni Yellows and Eibach Pro kit as well. And it is not a coilover install. This is a springs + shocks and struts install. Coilovers like Bilstein B16s, KWs, Ohlins comes complete with everything and all you need to replace is the strut mounts and sway bar end links.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2017, 03:12 AM   #8
tlow98
Major
183
Rep
1,144
Posts

Drives: 2009 E91
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (1)

Nice complete kit, but ecs is a rip off. Source your parts elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if strut monkey were cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 09:36 AM   #9
AndyW
Captain Slow
AndyW's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
727
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE7EN335 View Post
Yes that refresh kit looks very complete. But personally I would just reuse the washers, bolts and nuts if they are not damaged and can thread correctly and smoothly. And yes it would be good to refresh the spring perches, most people don't refresh those but when I took mine out at barely 50k miles, the lower spring perches had a significant tear almost through it.

And E36 M3 front bump stops and Z4 M rear bump stops are the ones you need. Or you can just get the stock bump stops and cut them 1 inch from the bottom harder portion as a cheaper option.

I'm running on the Koni Yellows and Eibach Pro kit as well. And it is not a coilover install. This is a springs + shocks and struts install. Coilovers like Bilstein B16s, KWs, Ohlins comes complete with everything and all you need to replace is the strut mounts and sway bar end links.
Thx! The non-coilover piece is a good point...the pics are deceptive! But I understand. The place I am working with now (not ECS) says that the M3/Z4 stops are not necessary and I should get the M-sport version bump stops for my car since I am basically "converting" to a M-sport type suspension. Seems legit. I could waste some money and get em both to compare!
__________________
Best,
Andy

2008 335i E93 - Custom Wedge MHD Tune - HPF FMIC - Mr. 5ish intake - ER CP - cp-E catted DP's - Miro 112 wheels// 2012 135i E82 M-Sport - Stock
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST