E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > High boost Cobb Stage 1 accesport 91 spot



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
Xdrive335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ontario Canada

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

High boost Cobb Stage 1 accesport 91 spot

I just installed my accessport on my 2009 335xi and took it for a spin. I had the accesport set to show boost gauge while driving. My first drive it showed my max boost was 16psi which is 5psi more than it should be. My second time out I did a third gear pull and it said max boost was 21.6 psi.

I read that you can't trust the max boost because pressure can momentarily buil up behind throttle plate but 21.6 seems way to high.

Should I just do a log run and see what the boost actually is through the rpm range? Or is it to risky with boost getting that high?
Xdrive335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
Jake@PTF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Jake@PTF's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 920
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdrive335 View Post
I just installed my accessport on my 2009 335xi and took it for a spin. I had the accesport set to show boost gauge while driving. My first drive it showed my max boost was 16psi which is 5psi more than it should be. My second time out I did a third gear pull and it said max boost was 21.6 psi.

I read that you can't trust the max boost because pressure can momentarily buil up behind throttle plate but 21.6 seems way to high.

Should I just do a log run and see what the boost actually is through the rpm range? Or is it to risky with boost getting that high?
Always log but 21.6 is from the throttle plate closing when you let off the gas. It's not actually your boost.

Max boost of 16psi is fine because it is in the lower rpm where that is within the efficiency of the turbos.

Feel free to post logs. If you want something custom tuned let us know.
Jake@PTF is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Xdrive335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ontario Canada

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

datalogs

2 datalogs if anyone wants to look at them for me

Thanks

Opened on a PC they are readable but on a IPad it is gibberish
Attached Files
File Type: txt datlog e90post.txt (22.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: txt datalog e90post 2.txt (27.1 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Xdrive335; 08-28-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Xdrive335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Xdrive335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ontario Canada

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Bump?
Xdrive335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 01:04 AM   #5
blacknbean
Major
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SF

Posts: 1,014
iTrader: (2)

you would get a lot better response if you graphed the logs instead of making people download and look into. here is the first log. everything looks ok to me.
Attached Images
 
blacknbean is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #6
Xdrive335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ontario Canada

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknbean View Post
you would get a lot better response if you graphed the logs instead of making people download and look into. here is the first log. everything looks ok to me.
Thanks MUCH appreciated I have no idea how to do that any tips you could give me?
Xdrive335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #7
Xdrive335
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 335i xdrive
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ontario Canada

Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Should my tps actual not be more or less the same as my accelerator pedal position?
Xdrive335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

Posts: 15,558
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdrive335 View Post
Should my tps actual not be more or less the same as my accelerator pedal position?
It's normal the way it is.
Jeff@TopGearSolutions is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,137
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xdrive335 View Post
Thanks MUCH appreciated I have no idea how to do that any tips you could give me?
Search for "Zasquatch's COBB grapher."
__________________
E90 N54 6AT
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST