E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Ready for the police state?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Ready for the police state?

Ready for the police state?

“The United States is stepping up security at ‘soft targets’ like hotels and shopping malls, as well as trains and ports,”

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told CNN's "State of the Union" program that other places and modes of transportation must now be scrutinized. In November, Napolitano said naked body scanners would eventually find their way into U.S. public transportation.

“Anyone, even a member of al-Qaida could purchase a train ticket and board an Amtrak train without so much as a question asked,” Schumer said. “So that’s why I’m calling for the creation of an Amtrak no ride list. That would take the secure flight program and apply it to Amtrak trains.”

The Department of Homeland Security sent an advisory to law enforcement officials around the country stating al-Qaeda discussed tampering with an unspecified U.S. rail track so that a train would fall off the track at a valley or a bridge.

In late 2002 it was learned that the government used the no-fly list to prevent political activists from flying. In 2006, the TSA and the FBI agreed to pay $200,000 in attorneys’ fees for two anti-war activists who sued after they were told by airline agents at San Francisco International Airport that their names appeared on a FBI no-fly list.

These are just a few examples, and likely not the most interesting stuff.
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
 
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

This just shows the terrorists are winning. They don't have to do anything to cause havoc on a society.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
This just shows the terrorists are winning. They don't have to do anything to cause havoc on a society.
It seems to be part of the philosophy of "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste." Though the phrase was popularized in recent years, it is a strategy that has been in place for quite some time. The worst part is the potential for manufactured crises to be used for the purpose of moving the public to accept the unacceptable.

scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
ghosthi32
Banned
 
Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

Posts: 2,516
iTrader: (0)

we are all gonna die
ghosthi32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
we are all gonna die
That may be what they want us to believe, so that we willingly give up our freedom. It can be blamed on the terrorists, saying that it is for our own good they grope us. Government will not give up the control they gain over the people. The focus is on finding a way to take more.

If terrorism comes from outside the border, and their war is against freedom, then they seem to be winning. If the threat of terrorism is largely manufactured by control freaks in government, then they seem to be winning. The people of this nation are the losers for beeing blind sheep. To extend the anology in that last sentence, ask who is the wolf?
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
 
infinitekid2002's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 3,394
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
It's all going to one end: The Matrix.
__________________
infinitekid2002 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
OdomPHD
I break for no one
 
OdomPHD's Avatar
 
Drives: e9o "Vanity 2"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NW Florida, USA

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Opportunity Cost.

A prevents B.

A costs 5 million.

B is a life lost to terrorism.

B=A? No. B= bad luck.

Know the chances you take of boarding a train, a plane, or going to the mall. A terroist might be there. You'll have to tough it out or stay home. Either is fine by me.

The COST of homeland security is obnoxiously high. How many people with bomb-vests have tried to board a plane lately? When was the last time a guy with a gun tried to get on a plane? Those statistics are so minute that the hundreds of millions of tax payer dollars we use to defend against it are ludicrous!

People WILL die, this is a capitalist and not communist society after all. Although we certainly are drifting towards the Socialist/Communist way, though....
OdomPHD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
If terrorists really had determined to kill as many Americans as they could, then they failed miserably. DHS and politicians used that fear against us. A terrorist that just wanted to disrupt and kill could far easier use poison, fire, and any number of other acts against us than to cause a spectacle.

It appears their main focus is to restrict freedom (this is true of both terrorist and government). In this, they have success.
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #9
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
 
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 709
iTrader: (0)

I hate Janet Napolitano. That hoe is disgusting and her actions are even worse. She's responsible for people getting raped in airport security check points and the examinations of children's diapers. There was a story and picture a few months back of the TSA agents doing a pat down on two elderly nuns.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #10
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Border patrol check point nowhere near US border.




DHS Immigration Checkpoint - Asks if you are a US citizen
__________________
The journey is the reward.

Last edited by M3Bahn; 05-09-2011 at 10:32 PM.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #11
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
we are all gonna die
No one gets out of here alive.
__________________
The journey is the reward.

Last edited by M3Bahn; 05-10-2011 at 12:24 AM.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #12
scottwww
Brigadier General
 
scottwww's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

Posts: 4,759
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Border patrol check point nowhere near US border.

DHS Immigration Checkpoint - Asks if you are US citizen
I probably would have played along with the check point guy, just as nearly everyone would. I would have to be very confident of my rights in the initial situation and in the situation as it develops to aggressively defy the one who has the gun, the buddies with him, and the assumption of being justified.

It would be best to find a means of limiting the reach of authority in controlling our movement. As an individual, how are you supposed to know when a uniformed guy is wrong in what he asks? The written description for the youtube video said the citizen had a verdict of "not guilty". What video was the continuation of this outside the car?
scottwww is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #13
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
 
KGB7's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 740i sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Siberian Prison

Posts: 824
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Border patrol check point nowhere near US border.


WOW!! This cop has a shit load of patience!!

If this was in the state of VA, the cop would have tore the car in half with his bare hands if the people in that car didnt do exactly as they were told the first time.


p.s.

The kid is being a stubborn dick.



In the second video, the driver is being a pain in the ass as well for no reason at all.
__________________
B
M
W

Last edited by KGB7; 05-09-2011 at 11:03 PM.
KGB7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2011, 12:21 AM   #14
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post
WOW!! This cop has a shit load of patience!!

If this was in the state of VA, the cop would have tore the car in half with his bare hands if the people in that car didnt do exactly as they were told the first time.


p.s.

The kid is being a stubborn dick.



In the second video, the driver is being a pain in the ass as well for no reason at all.

You missed whole point, he is border patrol, not a cop and not anywhere near a border. They have no probable cause to stop you or ask if you are a citizen that is why they are not answering their questions. How would you like to be asked everyday driving to work if you are a citizen or not?
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #15
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
 
KGB7's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 740i sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Siberian Prison

Posts: 824
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
You missed whole point, he is border patrol, not a cop and not anywhere near a border. They have no probable cause to stop you or ask you are a citizen that is why they are not answering their questions.
I get the point just fine, but its a dump point that the person/passenger of the car was trying to prove in the video.

Im glad the Border Patrol officers have taken the initiative and have extended their search for illegal immigrants. If you cant catch them at the border the first time, then you widen your search.

If i was pulled over, i would have given my ID and be on my way under 2min. Or, be like this guy and be detained for a good hour with out accomplishing a single thing.

edit:

In many States now, Cops have the right to check your immigration status and detain you if they think you are not a citizen. I think VA is one of these states now.

Or, we can do nothing and let illegal immigrants run free and do as they wish. But then we are back in full circle, people in this country complaining that US Govnt does nothing about illegal immigrants.
__________________
B
M
W

Last edited by KGB7; 05-10-2011 at 12:38 AM.
KGB7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2011, 12:33 AM   #16
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I probably would have played along with the check point guy, just as nearly everyone would. I would have to be very confident of my rights in the initial situation and in the situation as it develops to aggressively defy the one who has the gun, the buddies with him, and the assumption of being justified.

It would be best to find a means of limiting the reach of authority in controlling our movement. As an individual, how are you supposed to know when a uniformed guy is wrong in what he asks? The written description for the youtube video said the citizen had a verdict of "not guilty". What video was the continuation of this outside the car?
Don't know but he was arrested and taken to jail and later jury found him not guilty.

Well you should know you rights.


__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #17
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
That may be what they want us to believe, so that we willingly give up our freedom. It can be blamed on the terrorists, saying that it is for our own good they grope us. Government will not give up the control they gain over the people. The focus is on finding a way to take more.

If terrorism comes from outside the border, and their war is against freedom, then they seem to be winning. If the threat of terrorism is largely manufactured by control freaks in government, then they seem to be winning. The people of this nation are the losers for beeing blind sheep. To extend the anology in that last sentence, ask who is the wolf?
What drives me crazy is hearing people say " I don't care what they do, I have nothing to hide". Hello, that is not the point.
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #18
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post
I get the point just fine, but its a dump point that the person/passenger of the car was trying to prove in the video.

Im glad the Border Patrol officers have taken the initiative and have extended their search for illegal immigrants. If you cant catch them at the border the first time, then you widen your search.

If i was pulled over, i would have given my ID and be on my way under 2min. Or, be like this guy and be detained for a good hour with out accomplishing a single thing.

edit:

In many States now, Cops have the right to check your immigration status and detain you if they think you are not a citizen. I think VA is one of these states now.

Or, we can do nothing and let illegal immigrants run free and do as they wish. But then we are back in full circle, people in this country complaining that US Govnt does nothing about illegal immigrants.
I am all for having a full background check including INS done during a traffic stop but these stops are not that at all, they are stopping everyone at a check point, a huge difference.
__________________
The journey is the reward.

Last edited by M3Bahn; 06-10-2011 at 08:26 AM.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #19
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
This just shows the terrorists are winning. They don't have to do anything to cause havoc on a society.
They won a long time ago.

I like how we fight for freedom abroad and give it away at home.
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #20
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
 
KGB7's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 740i sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Siberian Prison

Posts: 824
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
I am all for having a full background check including INS done during a traffic stop but these stops are not that at all they are stopping everyone at a check point, a huge difference.

So what? Is 2min of your time not worth having your country protected?

There are check points to catch drunk drivers. This is no different.
__________________
B
M
W
KGB7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2011, 01:01 AM   #21
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post
So what? Is 2min of your time not worth having your country protected?

There are check points to catch drunk drivers. This is no different.

I disagree with any check points as they have no probable cause to stop you, the supreme court was totally wrong to allow that.
They are a fishing expedition to see what you are doing etc.
If you watch other videos they ask the driver where are you going and where did come from.

It's just like the Nazis always asking to see your papers at anytime, I guess you are fine with that.
__________________
The journey is the reward.

Last edited by M3Bahn; 05-10-2011 at 01:12 AM.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #22
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
If terrorists really had determined to kill as many Americans as they could, then they failed miserably. DHS and politicians used that fear against us. A terrorist that just wanted to disrupt and kill could far easier use poison, fire, and any number of other acts against us than to cause a spectacle.

It appears their main focus is to restrict freedom (this is true of both terrorist and government). In this, they have success.
Over 40,000 americans die each year in auto accidents you would think driving would have banned by now by the same kind of standards.
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST