E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > brand new 320d msport coupe loan car



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-12-2011, 02:31 AM   #23
Dizzle
Major
 
Dizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK, Staffordshire

Posts: 1,151
iTrader: (0)

Good hear hear that the 320d can appeal and compare somewhat to the joy of driving the 335i
__________________
Dizzle is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2011, 03:07 AM   #24
rjs
Major
 
rjs's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK (West Mids)

Posts: 1,281
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
Jesus guys, maybe its just that when faced with an underpowered but great handling loaner (318i, 320d, x120d, 120d etc) with a manual gearbox I discover the basic joy of driving again. lighten up.
I rag hire cars then again, I rag my own

No point having a nice car and not driving it!
__________________

E93 M3
| Azurite Black | Extended Bamboo Leather | Piano Black Trim | 19" 220M Wheels | Shadowline Trim | Edition Grills
M DCT | HDD iDrive | EDC | Bluetooth | Front & Rear PDC | Heated Seats | DAB Radio | Hi-Fi Speakers | USB Audio | SmartTOP
rjs is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #25
rich1068
has left the building
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK

Posts: 3,363
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
Jesus guys, maybe its just that when faced with an underpowered but great handling loaner (318i, 320d, x120d, 120d etc) with a manual gearbox I discover the basic joy of driving again. lighten up.
And I don't think my 320d is underpowered either.
rich1068 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2011, 03:11 AM   #26
Dr G13
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: uk

Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edowen View Post
why not?
Because I don't own a 1 series, my wheels cracked leaving me stranded. I expect at the very least a similar car to cover me whilst my wheels get replaced/fixed. Remember this isn't for a service. It's for a problem bmw should have sorted by now.

I do appologise if anyone takes offence to my original post but I do have a chip on my shoulder with this particular dealer group who have countless amounts of times screwed me and people I know. How does being charged to activate dab radio on an auc car sound? and even then they can't do it right!

Lighten up everyone, i'm pretty sure a 320d can take a few launches and if not then its a shit car which I would never consider buying.

I brake boost my own car regularly and it manages to deal with it just fine.
Dr G13 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2011, 03:12 AM   #27
Dr G13
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: uk

Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs View Post
I rag hire cars then again, I rag my own

No point having a nice car and not driving it!

Bang on, no other reason why I get 16-17mpg
Dr G13 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2011, 05:38 AM   #28
BIGTIME
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3 DCT - Mineral White
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North East

Posts: 494
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr G13 View Post
Because I don't own a 1 series, my wheels cracked leaving me stranded. I expect at the very least a similar car to cover me whilst my wheels get replaced/fixed. Remember this isn't for a service. It's for a problem bmw should have sorted by now.

I do appologise if anyone takes offence to my original post but I do have a chip on my shoulder with this particular dealer group who have countless amounts of times screwed me and people I know. How does being charged to activate dab radio on an auc car sound? and even then they can't do it right!

Lighten up everyone, i'm pretty sure a 320d can take a few launches and if not then its a shit car which I would never consider buying.

I brake boost my own car regularly and it manages to deal with it just fine.
Can I ask how quick your alloys lost pressure? I am loosing around 1psi per day so think one may be cracked. Are they changing them for free? Aren't you worried the replacements will just crack as well?
BIGTIME is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2011, 06:09 AM   #29
335diesel
Brigadier General
 
335diesel's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d Touring
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cornwall

Posts: 4,009
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I quite enjoyed the 120d M Sport loan car I had.

The 318d M Sport and the 116i (!!!) were a bit cack though. Our 335d felt like a freaking rocket after the 116i!
__________________


E91 335d SE Touring

Also Land Rover Puma Defender 110 XS station wagon
335diesel is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #30
davyk31
Brigadier General
 
Drives: Audi SQ5 & Golf GTD
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Ireland

Posts: 4,429
iTrader: (0)

We had a 1.4 Mini 1 recently while the X5 was in for some warranty work, loved it and didn't even seem that slow. Think any loaner has an enjoyment factor for the few days that you have it, its amazing how easy a loaner spins its wheels and those manuals can change so easily without even pressing the clutch !!!
davyk31 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #31
belfastone
Private First Class
 
belfastone's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330D M Sport & BMW X3 2.0d
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Norn Ireland

Posts: 131
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
We had a 1.4 Mini 1 recently while the X5 was in for some warranty work, loved it and didn't even seem that slow. Think any loaner has an enjoyment factor for the few days that you have it, its amazing how easy a loaner spins its wheels and those manuals can change so easily without even pressing the clutch !!!
lol.. very good
belfastone is offline   Ireland
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST