E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Alot of people HATE BMW.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #67
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
 
lux.sh's Avatar
 
Drives: fast around corners.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Curves

Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
I feel like I am in a SAT course or an english 975.
I have enough stress from school.

*Unsubscribing.
__________________
06 AW E90 330i ZPP/ZSP/Step/Expired Warranty

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
lux.sh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #68
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E30 on Stands
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: First State

Posts: 278
iTrader: (0)

I am glad that I have an E30. They don't hate me any more becasue it is very humble car

uD
underDAWG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #69
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by human
Shim-shim,
I agree with you but you're missing the point!

Yes, German is a wonderful language - was my first language as a matter of fact! I don't think anyone "encourages" complexity, though... (do they?). I happen to think that simplicity is beautiful.
Well, I've only recently began to learn German, I just heard from my professor that Germans have a penchant of writing and speaking in a very precise and complex manner.

Korean was my first language, and I can't think of many languages more simple than Korean.

All I'm trying to say is the English language is so vast, but not many of us try to use it to its full potential.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 01:22 PM   #70
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
 
Squawks's Avatar
 
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Squawks
Oops, I spelled malpropism wrong? Wow, of all words! Please, please, oh please, forgive me for all the pain I have given you!

LOL. OMG. Lik...totaly.

EDIT: shimshimhada - I extol your posts!
Squawks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #71
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
 
Squawks's Avatar
 
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Squawks
The Wallstreet Journal has pictures One of the best papers around, too - it's not purely business, as most folks assume. Very well written.
Squawks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 01:52 PM   #72
MCS
e90 newbie
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 440
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I enjoy reading Sqawks and Zendriver's posts, they tend to give responses that are relevant to the question asked and provide an entertaining jab at general stupidity and mediocrity.

Isn't it nice that boards are anonymous? If we spoke to one another in a room, I think it would come to blows.
__________________
E90 TiAg 330i ZSP, ZPP, ZCW 6sd Manual, Nav & Satellite (for Stern!), Black leather w/ Poplar
MCS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #73
MCS
e90 newbie
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 440
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
As for people hating BMW's or people driving BMWs, I've yet to really experience this. The E46 BMW was one of the top selling sedans in the US. They are truly everywhere, at least in the major metropolitan areas. The 3 series and to a lesser degree, the 5 series are truly mass consumer - affordable luxury, exactly where the marketing geniuses placed/priced it.

I think there's a general view by the public, and this is very probably true, that BMWs are consumed by a segment of the population with disposible income - Single/married professionals w/ advanced degrees, Double income families, Urban Gold coasters, rising middle/upper class, Bohemium mix, up and comers, etc. BMW as a company has done a great job at marketing to these segments and maybe that's where some animosity comes to play?
__________________
E90 TiAg 330i ZSP, ZPP, ZCW 6sd Manual, Nav & Satellite (for Stern!), Black leather w/ Poplar
MCS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #74
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
 
Squawks's Avatar
 
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Squawks
If that's the case, MCS, then it would be safe to assume that people with animosity towards BMWs and/or their owners would be those of a lower socio-economic status but it appears that this is not entirely the case.

Quite a few folks driving great cars such as Audis, Lexuses, Volvos, and even Acuras tend to flout BMWs and/or their owners.

The problem rests in the the haughty egos of many BMW owners. Sadly, there's quite a few, and surprisingly, many more than any other car brand besides the exotic ones (they're even more pretentious but then again, I suppose they have the right to be so). They just think they're imperious and treat others condescendingly (i.e. ignore compliments with insouciance, send back vituperative and/or denigrating comments, or by simply disrespecting other drivers on the road by driving overly aggressive such as cutting off other people while weaving through traffic as if in an imaginary Speed movie).

It's a shame how most BMW drivers in American can't be like BMW drivers in Germany.
Squawks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #75
HRC
MAUI BUILT
 
HRC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i MT
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NORCAL

Posts: 7,779
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to HRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS
...Isn't it nice that boards are anonymous? If we spoke to one another in a room, I think it would come to blows.
I think that's part of the problem when it comes to a few posts(posters). I believe we should treat(talk to) people no different then if we standing in front of each other. Maybe some of the subtle insults wouldn't be thrown around so much. It's like driving and people cutting you off, do you think some of these drivers(who cut you off) would try the same if we were standing in a line, probally not, because as you say..."I think it would come to blows". No freakin' computer or car to hide behind.

Danny
__________________
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
HRC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:33 PM   #76
MCS
e90 newbie
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 440
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I'm not so sure about the Audi/Lexus/Acura/Infiniti animosity towards the driver because of the presupposed haughty ego. Is their animosity more of a competing brand bias. ie. I root for a different team so boo on you? One could argue that each one of the competing luxury mark strives for the same market audience as BMW so this also brings the same level of competition to the driver's themselves?

I've seen every make and model of car driving quickly and weaving around traffic. BMWs, MB, Honda, Scions, Minis, and yes, Civic jalopies. If I'm in a hurry/late for a destination, I'll drive quickly too. Albeit I don't as a general rule weave in and out of traffic.

Unless there's a quantitative study that proves that BMW drivers/owners are bigger assholes than the other brands owners, I'm just not buying into your theory.

What brand gives the right for people to act pretentious? Maybe Jaguar? pass theGrey Poupon please? Bentley/Porsche/Ferrari? I don't think there's any brand that gives someone a right to be an ass.

Maybe we should start a poll?
__________________
E90 TiAg 330i ZSP, ZPP, ZCW 6sd Manual, Nav & Satellite (for Stern!), Black leather w/ Poplar
MCS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #77
noflash
Captain Caveman
 
noflash's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi
Join Date: May 2005
Location: midwest

Posts: 1,715
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Nah, I don't use the thesaurus. Not sure why many folks would find it implausible that someone lacks the capacity to know such words. They aren't common, but they are indeed English. In terms of communication, I just feel some words are germane to the issue at hand. Of course, I can always revert to my old middle school language.

In response to Human, "trying out" the words? Both the definitions and the context of my usage of these words seem fit to me - there was no malpropism as far as I can tell. Besides, how would I ever get the word, "malpropism" from the thesaurus when it means "unintentional misuse of a word/phrase"? Type in an online thesaurus "unintentional misuse of word/phrase"? If anybody here even reads The Wallstreet Journal or any other non-6th-grade literature, there's a little verbosity. Note that most newspapers are actually written in 7th grade language (wow, you never knew that?!). If you go to a hospital, informed consents are always written in 6th grade language, no matter how complicated the procedures/protocols may be.

On the issue of grammatical errors, I don't proofread my posts as I would on a graduate thesis, so I apologize - please condone me for any traumatic ailings you may have suffered from reading my poorly written posts.

I'd agree with the other folks here about the perils of getting out of your car to confront others. Some people may be quite rancorous and I wouldn't be surprised if somebody gets shot or injured in the process. This constitutes road rage, after all. If they're tailing that badly, just let them pass - what's so hard about that? This isn't a Star Wars episode where you're the X-Wing trying to shake off an Imperial Tie-Fighter.
Just sounds like your trying too hard now... indubitably.
__________________

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
noflash is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #78
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
 
Squawks's Avatar
 
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Squawks
My subjective presupposition that BMW has the greatest number of insolent drivers may very well be fallacious, and I hope that is indeed the case. It could just be that in my area(s), there is an astronomically high amount of roaming BMWs, thus increasing the chances of encountering an impious BMW driver.

If you're an amiable BMW driver, as I would assume most would be if they are BMW aficionados willing to interact with other folks, then much

Even debadged 325 owners are getting crap from 330 owners. Where's the love, ya'll? Where's the love?

EDIT: human, noflash, and anybody else, I apologize in advance, again, if my English has caused any apparent injuries to your eyes and/or your family. I will try my best to censor what I can and expurgate all of the horrible, baleful things from my posts.
Squawks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:44 PM   #79
Oz
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Oz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i, 2004 X5
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wayne, NJ

Posts: 1,770
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Oz Send a message via MSN to Oz
When did this thread turn into a English class? It's just a forum people, relax...

Let's get back to the topic!

I think most people hate BMW's because they are jealous. There are others that hate it because there are other BMW drivers that are assholes. But I think that's the case with any other cars!
__________________
2006 330i Steptronic/Alpine White/Black Leather/Burl Walnut Trim/Premium Package/iDrive/Heated Seats/Winter: STYLE 159 Blizzak LM-22 RFT/Summer: TBD
2004 X5 Steptronic/Alpine White/Grey Leather/Poplar Trim/Premium Package/Heated Seats/iPod Adapter
Oz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #80
StewtheBassman
Major General
 
Drives: 04 X5 3.0, 07 530xiT
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hudson, Quebec

Posts: 6,386
iTrader: (1)

If everyone who dorve a BMW were in this forum there would be no more wars and the world be a kind, understanding, group hug kinda place!

Oh, and the Moderators would be like God!
__________________

StewtheBassman is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:52 PM   #81
saalim
Non Resident
 
saalim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz
When did this thread turn into a English class? It's just a forum people, relax...

Let's get back to the topic!

I think most people hate BMW's because they are jealous. There are others that hate it because there are other BMW drivers that are assholes. But I think that's the case with any other cars!
Is that your pragmatic presupposition or an objective inference?

Anyways, coming back to the point.......during my HONDA days, I never hated drivers because they were driving BMW's. I have HATED plenty of drivers because they are assholes.....but the fact that some of them drive BMW's is irrelevant.
__________________
Regards
SM

2006 325i | 6MT | Black Sapphire Metallic/Terra Leather/Burl Walnut | ZPP/ZCW | Premium Sound/Navigation/Xenon/PDC/Satellite Radio
saalim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #82
saalim
Non Resident
 
saalim's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
EDIT: human, noflash, and anybody else, I apologize in advance, again, if my English has caused any apparent injuries to your eyes and/or your family. I will try my best to censor what I can and expurgate all of the horrible, baleful things from my posts.
Maybe you should go "expurgate" yourself!!
__________________
Regards
SM

2006 325i | 6MT | Black Sapphire Metallic/Terra Leather/Burl Walnut | ZPP/ZCW | Premium Sound/Navigation/Xenon/PDC/Satellite Radio
saalim is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 02:58 PM   #83
Oz
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Oz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i, 2004 X5
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wayne, NJ

Posts: 1,770
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Oz Send a message via MSN to Oz
Quote:
Originally Posted by saalim
Is that your pragmatic presupposition or an objective inference?

Anyways, coming back to the point.......during my HONDA days, I never hated drivers because they were driving BMW's. I have HATED plenty of drivers because they are assholes.....but the fact that some of them drive BMW's is irrelevant.

Both :-)

I agree with you. A car doesn't make you an asshole, once an asshole, always an asshole
__________________
2006 330i Steptronic/Alpine White/Black Leather/Burl Walnut Trim/Premium Package/iDrive/Heated Seats/Winter: STYLE 159 Blizzak LM-22 RFT/Summer: TBD
2004 X5 Steptronic/Alpine White/Grey Leather/Poplar Trim/Premium Package/Heated Seats/iPod Adapter
Oz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #84
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
 
Squawks's Avatar
 
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Squawks
I agree that BMW haters don't hate BMW, but BMW drivers.

If you give the supposed 'BMW-hater' an E90, he'll take it. He'll drive it.
Squawks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 03:20 PM   #85
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

I like all cars, even Geos...
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 04:00 PM   #86
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
 
Squawks's Avatar
 
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ithaca, NY

Posts: 663
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Squawks
There are some cars I hate - such as those ones that constantly spit out black fumes from the exhaust. Ugh.
Squawks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #87
MCS
e90 newbie
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 440
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Squawks, where's the love? You're not taking the time to write a detailed post?!? I was starting to enjoy the discussion re marketing segments.

Ah - I'm starting to spend WAY TOO much time on this board. Got to get back to work and other things...
__________________
E90 TiAg 330i ZSP, ZPP, ZCW 6sd Manual, Nav & Satellite (for Stern!), Black leather w/ Poplar
MCS is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2005, 04:22 PM   #88
HRC
MAUI BUILT
 
HRC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i MT
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NORCAL

Posts: 7,779
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to HRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
I agree that BMW haters don't hate BMW, but BMW drivers.

If you give the supposed 'BMW-hater' an E90, he'll take it. He'll drive it.

That's what drives me nuts!! These haters will swear up and down that they are not impressed(they claim to have test driven) and further more, you couldn't pay them to drive a BMW.

They are soo jealous and full of hate, they lie themselves into believing that crap. I guess it makes them feel better about driving their car.

It's okay to hate the driver, as drivers of all cars range from the bad to good, but to blindly hate the brand makes me bonkers!!

Danny
__________________
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
HRC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST