E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Police take down a man.... in a wheelchair



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #23
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: -

Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

Just because he's in a wheelchair doesn't mean he is innocent. That man could have had a knife on him. He clearly resisted so the cops have the right to protect themselves, the public and even the guy in the wheelchair by taking him down.

The comments on YouTube are hilarious. "Hang the pigs" and "this is why I don't cry when police get shot" and such. Try being a cop in a high-crime area and see if you feel the same way.
bigslick82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #24
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
But in a case like this, they lifted him up and smashed him face-first into the pavement. As soon as they had him lifted up by both arms they had the guy, that's an end of discussion. He's paralyzed from the waist down and now also doesn't have mobility in his upper arms. Why was there a need to go directly from resisting-arrest to face-smashing him against concrete?
What would you have said if they had gotten him out of the wheel chair ,by his hands/arms, and somehow he was able to push himself loose and fall 6 feet to the ground, unable to catch himself, and fell on his head?

Last edited by Freakazoid; 05-23-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #25
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick82 View Post
Just because he's in a wheelchair doesn't mean he is innocent. That man could have had a knife on him. He clearly resisted so the cops have the right to protect themselves, the public and even the guy in the wheelchair by taking him down.

The comments on YouTube are hilarious. "Hang the pigs" and "this is why I don't cry when police get shot" and such. Try being a cop in a high-crime area and see if you feel the same way.
this as well
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #26
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
 
tHegeRm's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GG

Posts: 309
iTrader: (3)

Old but similar:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post
Simply put, i dont want to end up on youtube because i like to deep throat a popsicle.
tHegeRm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #27
ScaredOnce
Very Important
 
ScaredOnce's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi (e92)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PIT

Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thumbs down

I think we need smarter cops.
ScaredOnce is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #28
///1M
Captain
 
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: between Indiana and the alley

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

Aren't there more moderate methods to subdue someone like rubber bullets?
///1M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #29
radix
there's something different about him
 
radix's Avatar
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

.
radix is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #30
Theme 8
New Member
 
Theme 8's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LA, CA

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
.
__________________
Interlagos | 6mt | BBS | Dinan
Theme 8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #31
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
 
Tondtar's Avatar
 
Drives: His Mom Crazy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: El Lay

Posts: 884
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Shouldn't have been speeding ...
Tondtar is offline   Vanuatu
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #32
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
 
leJUNd's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 319
iTrader: (1)

If you have any sense... not retarded... you would know you can't win, get away.
1. Your out numbered
2. They have the tools to put you down...
3. Even if #1 and 2 weren't the case... (at least for me) they would still be able to beat you down.
4. They can use any of the above if they feel it's necessary

Your basically at the cop's mercy physically. They have many means to make anyone their bitch and you only have your brain to defend yourself. Why anyone would physically go against a cop is beyond me...

I don't agree with police using excessive force though... I think it was the case in the video. Especially the second one. But then again... he swung a knife? threw a knife... so I don't know. Taser would have been more appropriate... but they already had their guns drawn. With all the guns that were pointed at the guy, some should have been tasers.

Last edited by leJUNd; 05-23-2011 at 09:26 PM.
leJUNd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #33
SchlauCow
******
 
SchlauCow's Avatar
 
Drives: Honda M6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Radiance

Posts: 334
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordingi2ime View Post
If you have any sense... not retarded... you would know you can't win, get away.
1. Your out numbered
2. They have the tools to put you down...
3. Even if #1 and 2 weren't the case... (at least for me) they would still be able to beat you down.
4. They can use any of the above if they feel it's necessary

Your basically at the cop's mercy physically. They have many means to make anyone their bitch and you only have your brain to defend yourself. Why anyone would physically go against a cop is beyond me...

I don't agree with police using excessive force though... I think it was the case in the video. Especially the second one. But then again... he swung a knife? threw a knife... so I don't know. Taser would have been more appropriate... but they already had their guns drawn. With all the guns that were pointed at the guy, some should have been tasers.

amazing play by play
__________________
You will never be as complex as the strand of hair sitting on top of your head.
SchlauCow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 01:34 AM   #34
Vanity
Private First Class
 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC, Canada

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
What would you have said if they had gotten him out of the wheel chair ,by his hands/arms, and somehow he was able to push himself loose and fall 6 feet to the ground, unable to catch himself, and fell on his head?
Falling down when you're standing doesn't hurt that much. As for the comment about whether or not he might've fallen and hit his head, I'd reason that it'd hurt much less than two cops smashing your face into pavement.

I get the reason why the cops had to cuff him and subdue him. I just don't agree with seeing a handicapped man's face bleeding all over the pavement to do it. He's handicapped for goodness sakes. I don't disagree with the part that force was needed to arrest him after he resisted, but surely we can all agree that was excessive force.
__________________
Vanity is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 01:45 AM   #35
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
 
lux.sh's Avatar
 
Drives: fast around corners.
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Curves

Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
I think we need smarter cops.
Yep. I don't blame them, they did what they had to do, but really, is that all they could do against a guy in a wheel chair? or criminal in a wheel chair for that matter.
__________________
06 AW E90 330i ZPP/ZSP/Step/Expired Warranty

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
lux.sh is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 02:37 AM   #36
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
 
KGB7's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 740i sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Siberian Prison

Posts: 824
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredOnce View Post
I think we need smarter cops.
We have have them, but they dont end up on youtube because they do their job properly and by the book.
__________________
B
M
W
KGB7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #37
darkcloud
Colonel
 
darkcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 VW JSW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cleveland, oh

Posts: 2,387
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to darkcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post

Maybe it's just me but, I think an officer needs to take special care with those that are physically impaired. Mentally impaired, however, is a different situation.
A cop a few cities over from me was responding to a call involving a mentally impaired individual. All the cops knew the person and was known to have issues with cops and got out of line every now and again.

The officer showed up intending to use special care with the situation. The mentally impaired person had a gun and shot and killed the officer.

THE COP IS DEAD FOR USING SPECIAL CARE! fuck the handicapped guy. Don't be a too big of a dick to cops /thread!

http://www.odmp.org/officer/18900-officer-jason-west
__________________

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
darkcloud is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #38
Vanity
Private First Class
 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC, Canada

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
A cop a few cities over from me was responding to a call involving a mentally impaired individual. All the cops knew the person and was known to have issues with cops and got out of line every now and again.

The officer showed up intending to use special care with the situation. The mentally impaired person had a gun and shot and killed the officer.

THE COP IS DEAD FOR USING SPECIAL CARE! fuck the handicapped guy. Don't be a too big of a dick to cops /thread!

http://www.odmp.org/officer/18900-officer-jason-west
Which is why in my post I said that if he were mentally impaired then it'd be a different situation. Take special care with the physically impaired. I don't give a shit about the mentally impaired because they have full access to do crazy stunts like killing people.
__________________
Vanity is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #39
JayKay335i
Banned
 
Drives: ///M323 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: North Dakota; its best DUHHHHHH

Posts: 5,047
iTrader: (1)

Just because a guy is in a wheel chair on a street DOESNT mean he is handicapped. If a person has a weapon a cop has full right to use force. Would you want a bunch of pussies to scared to do anything "protecting" us?

What have we learned for this thread?
If you are a cripple, dont try and fight a bunch of cops
JayKay335i is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #40
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

I see lazy bums in wheelchairs all the time around here. Simply being in a wheelchair does NOT mean you are of no danger to the cops and does not confirm that you have limited use of your lower extremities.... I can't believe people have sympathy for this guy. Hell, even if he IS a parapalegic, he's a fucking moron for resisting.

If you throw steaks at a grizzly, prepare to get fucked. If you resist arrest, prepare to deal with the "escalation of force". It's that fucking simple, people. Don't fault the cops for the "victim" being a complete douchebag.

And yes, I thought it was awesome that they pepper sprayed that loud mouthed 8 year old. GET SOME
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #41
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: -

Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Which is why in my post I said that if he were mentally impaired then it'd be a different situation. Take special care with the physically impaired. I don't give a shit about the mentally impaired because they have full access to do crazy stunts like killing people.
So the guy in the wheelchair couldn't have a knife, gun, or mental issues? The cops have no idea what they are dealing with. This is why when you get put pulled over, the cop approaches the car with his hand on the gun.

In the first 10 seconds of the video you can see the guy in the chair was resisting. The cops have every right to try to gain control of the situation. Yeah he got his head busted, but that's a lot better than someone getting gravely injured.
bigslick82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #42
infinitekid2002
Creepin while ya sleepin
 
infinitekid2002's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a Bat out of Hell
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Angels

Posts: 3,395
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.71]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick82 View Post
So the guy in the wheelchair couldn't have a knife, gun, or mental issues? The cops have no idea what they are dealing with. This is why when you get put pulled over, the cop approaches the car with his hand on the gun.

In the first 10 seconds of the video you can see the guy in the chair was resisting. The cops have every right to try to gain control of the situation. Yeah he got his head busted, but that's a lot better than someone getting gravely injured.
In fact that's their JOB; and if you escalate the situation by resisting then you've no right to complain about them doing it. Now if they'd kicked him on the ground rodney king style..then i'd be raising all sorts of hell.
__________________
infinitekid2002 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #43
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Now if they'd kicked him on the ground rodney king style..then i'd be raising all sorts of hell.
I probably would have chuckled. Then I would have thought to myself "man, sucks to be that guy" and moved on to the next viral video.

On a separate note, I'd like to say I can't fucking stand bleeding hearts and I think this country is being overrun with them. This thread is a perfect example of that.

Of course, the good Reverends will come on in and make a stink, win a settlement, and take their cut "for the good of America" but we all know it's a crock of bullshit. Those guys need racism to survive in order to line their own pockets. That's why they contribute so heavily to ensure that the racial lines are not thinned or broken.

/tangent
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #44
bolinp78
G35 convertee
 
bolinp78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

Posts: 1,007
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I can't believe people have sympathy for this guy.
Society full of wusses. Ding ding ding.
__________________
bolinp78 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
killtherussiansympathizer, no-tags?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST