E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Police take down a man.... in a wheelchair



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #45
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
 
michaelthepsycho's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 1,632
iTrader: (4)

Police are supposed to get hurt. It's part of the job. It's part of why they are paid more than the average college graduate. You want more easy money? You take the risk (same with military). Sure, the wheel-chair dude was wriggling a bit but they could've laid him down with muscle control and kneed him in the back to pin him down. Either way, it was excessive to see blood in such an easy arrest. How do I know? I've been cuffed before. There was no need to drop him on the pavement. That's a lack of motor skills right there.
__________________
FS: 335i Non-sport Springs , My car
2011 BMW 335i Step - Montego Blue / Chestnut Brown
michaelthepsycho is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #46
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,755
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthepsycho View Post
Police are supposed to get hurt. It's part of the job. It's part of why they are paid more than the average college graduate. You want more easy money? You take the risk (same with military). Sure, the wheel-chair dude was wriggling a bit but they could've laid him down with muscle control and kneed him in the back to pin him down. Either way, it was excessive to see blood in such an easy arrest. How do I know? I've been cuffed before. There was no need to drop him on the pavement. That's a lack of motor skills right there.
I knew the background to this post even before I got to the part where you said "How do I know? I've been cuffed before".

Everything you said is typical of someone who has no idea what it's like on the other side of that equation. What you said is akin to your average 14-year-old (e.g. no license yet) asking why your favorite F1 driver doesn't "just go around the corner faster". There's a lot more to it than you can fathom and that's not your fault.

Also, they're not "supposed to get hurt". They knowingly take more risks. There's a difference. They have the right to ensure they don't get stabbed/needled/shot while on the job, just like the rest of us. Just because they put on the uniform doesn't mean they signed their own rights away.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #47
007MCoupe
Major
 
007MCoupe's Avatar
 
Drives: das Bierwagen
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: the 'Ring

Posts: 1,442
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Shouldn't have been speeding ...
Just felt like quoting this.


this thread made me think about Training Day.

__________________
GoMiniGo///VB3///75mm wheel studs///Stubby///Aero bumper///GC front ARB///Pin pulled & Turner Camber Shims///Superflex FCAB///Powerflex RTAB///RE shock mounts///ECS 2-pc front rotors///Akebono pads///CSL headers///DKF catless Section 1///AKG Engine & Trans Mounts///SS brake lines///RPI scoop
007MCoupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #48
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
this thread is hopeless.

everyone is a fucking armchair general here.... "yeah, cops did the right thing", "you don't know shit, that crippled dude may have been hiding weapons of mass destruction in his ass", "hight-five the cops for their work" blah blah blah

i am willing to bet money that 5 minutes after you get your face slammed on the pavement, handcuffed or pepper-sprayed you will be here on the forum crying how these damn pigs took your rights away and infringed on your civil liberties.
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #49
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,755
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
this thread is hopeless.

everyone is a fucking armchair general here.... "yeah, cops did the right thing", "you don't know shit, that crippled dude may have been hiding weapons of mass destruction in his ass", "hight-five the cops for their work" blah blah blah

i am willing to bet money that 5 minutes after you get your face slammed on the pavement, handcuffed or pepper-sprayed you will be here on the forum crying how these damn pigs took your rights away and infringed on your civil liberties.
...yeah, because I'm stupid enough to try to strike a cop in the face, right? The difference is that I'm not that fucking dumb and therefore they'd have no reason to do that shit. In this case, they were well within their rights and acted reasonably.

Unbelievable. Did you even watch the video?
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #50
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
...yeah, because I'm stupid enough to try to strike a cop in the face, right? The difference is that I'm not that fucking dumb and therefore they'd have no reason to do that shit. In this case, they were well within their rights and acted reasonably.

Unbelievable. Did you even watch the video?
I watched this video over and over again, even before it showed up here on the forum.
I don't see him trying to strike anyone, as both cops went straight for his arms.
I do see him trying to free up his arms, yes.

Was he stupid to resist? Yes. Did he deserve his face slammed on the pavement? Absolutely not.


And you do not need to strike a cop to be slammed on the ground. I got jumped by 2 marshals in plain clothes at 2pm on a Friday afternoon in a middle of downtown for failing a piss test while on probation. They jumped me from the back as I was leaving my PO's office wearing suit and a tie, slammed me on the ground and one of them put his foot on my head when I said that it was pretty excessive to arrest me like that. Do you think I deserved it too?
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #51
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,755
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
I watched this video over and over again, even before it showed up here on the forum.
I don't see him trying to strike someone, as both cops went straight for his arms.
I do see him trying to free up his arms, yes.

Was he stupid to resist? Yes. Did he deserve his face slammed on the pagement? Absolutely not.


And you do not need to strike a cop to be slammed on the ground. I got jumped by 2 marshals in plain clothes at 2pm on a Friday afternoon in a middle of downtown for failing a piss test while on probation. They jumped me from the back as I was leaving my PO's office wearing suit and a tie, slammed me on the ground and one of them put his foot on my head when I said that it was pretty excessive to arrest me like that. Do you think I deserved it too?
Not to sound callous, but your situation has nothing to do with the video. You sound like someone who has been jaded by a personal experience, and I'm not surprised to know now that you feel that you've been a "victim" of police brutality. Also, were you honestly mentally challenged enough to do drugs while on probation? Just asking. And, to be honest, I don't have sympathy for you there. Did the cops act irrationally and harshly, beyond what I would deem "acceptable" in your case? I think so. However, I have no sympathy for you in that situation, assuming you voluntarily ingested illegal substances while on probation.

Take a closer look. There's a fist (brown in color) that definitely gets damn close to the officer's face. Seeing as how the officer is white, and his partner is white, and no one else is involved, I'm going to make an educated guess that it was the "victim's" fist. Not to be racist, but that's the black guy's fault.

How can you seriously not expect the cops to take the guy down with force after he shoots a fist out in the direction of the cop's face? I can't tell if he actually hit him, but who knows what he could have in his hand, and no one should expect the cop to give him the chance to do it again or find out what's in his hand the hard way....

Of all the "shitty cop" videos I've seen, this is by far the dumbest. It's so cut-and-dry that it's ridiculous. Shouldn't you pig-haters be banging your drum circles around viral videos that will actually give your cause traction? Really. Nothing to see here, move along.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #52
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Not to sound callous, but your situation has nothing to do with the video. You sound like someone who has been jaded by a personal experience, and I'm not surprised to know now that you feel that you've been a "victim" of police brutality. Also, were you honestly mentally challenged enough to do drugs while on probation? Just asking. And, to be honest, I don't have sympathy for you there. Did the cops act irrationally and harshly, beyond what I would deem "acceptable" in your case? I think so. However, I have no sympathy for you in that situation, assuming you voluntarily ingested illegal substances while on probation.
Sorry, English is my second language as I was not born here, but I do not believe you can "ingest" smoke.

Quote:
ingest [ɪnˈdʒɛst]
vb (tr)
1. to take (food or liquid) into the body
I am not asking for any sympathy. Was smoking weed while on probation dumb? Maybe, but don't try to act all goodie-shoes over here, condemning my actions. I am willing to bet money that you were 19 at some point and felt invincible while doing stupid shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Take a closer look. There's a fist (brown in color) that definitely gets damn close to the officer's face. Seeing as how the officer is white, and his partner is white, and no one else is involved, I'm going to make an educated guess that it was the "victim's" fist. Not to be racist, but that's the black guy's fault.
Have you ever grabbed or seen someone's arm grabbed against their will? They form a fist and try to free up their arm. Its almost a reflex. I am yet to see someone trying to free up their arm, while doing jazz hands...


Anyway, this argument is pointless. You are set on your opinion, I am set on mine. One of us is right one of us is wrong.
It does not matter. I am not here on argue pointless shit, but I know for sure that the moment you end up in hand-cuffs, it will never be your fault, or at least you will not think so.
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #53
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: -

Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Sorry, English is my second language as I was not born here, but I do not believe you can "ingest" smoke.



I am not asking for any sympathy. Was smoking weed while on probation dumb? Maybe, but don't try to act all goodie-shoes over here, condemning my actions. I am willing to bet money that you were 19 at some point and felt invincible while doing stupid shit.



Have you ever grabbed or seen someone's arm grabbed against their will? They form a fist and try to free up their arm. Its almost a reflex. I am yet to see someone trying to free up their arm, while doing jazz hands...


Anyway, this argument is pointless. You are set on your opinion, I am set on mine. One of us is right one of us is wrong.
It does not matter. I am not here on argue pointless shit, but I know for sure that the moment you end up in hand-cuffs, it will never be your fault, or at least you will not think so.
(1) Watch from the very beginning again. The guy in the chair throws a weak left at the officer's head and then starts to push the officer.

(2) Some people do go through life not getting arrested you know.
bigslick82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #54
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick82 View Post
(2) Some people do go through life not getting arrested you know.
and your point is?
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #55
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: -

Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
and your point is?
It just sounded like you think Clue is going to have trouble with the law.
bigslick82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #56
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,890
iTrader: (1)

lol @ cops are supposed to get hurt

what a clown of a post......

a cop is not "supposed" to get hurt. the whole idea behind him being a cop is for other people not to get hurt.

......and if an opportunity presents itself where the cop feels as if he's GOING to be hurt, then he's likely to stomp a hole in your crippled ass BEFORE he gets hurt.

it's funny when i see guys try to challenge cops. makes my internet a whole lot funner.....
__________________
Litos is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #57
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick82 View Post
It just sounded like you think Clue is going to have trouble with the law.
It was not addressed to him directly, but to everyone in general.
You never know, though. What if his electricity usage is too high?
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #58
Litos
Colonel
 
Litos's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,890
iTrader: (1)

what a boneheaded move to challenge cops while having NO LEGS.......

i'm sure he had just finished last in a punt, pass and kick contest at the local high school too.......

he was :handicappedmad:....
__________________
Litos is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #59
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: -

Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
It was not addressed to him directly, but to everyone in general.
You never know, though. What if his electricity usage is too high?
Holy cow, that's scary. The difference between that case and this one in the thread is that case involves people innocent of charges.
bigslick82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 06:56 PM   #60
ragingclue
One cam is enough
 
ragingclue's Avatar
 
Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

Posts: 6,755
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Sorry, English is my second language as I was not born here, but I do not believe you can "ingest" smoke.



I am not asking for any sympathy. Was smoking weed while on probation dumb? Maybe, but don't try to act all goodie-shoes over here, condemning my actions. I am willing to bet money that you were 19 at some point and felt invincible while doing stupid shit.



Have you ever grabbed or seen someone's arm grabbed against their will? They form a fist and try to free up their arm. Its almost a reflex. I am yet to see someone trying to free up their arm, while doing jazz hands...


Anyway, this argument is pointless. You are set on your opinion, I am set on mine. One of us is right one of us is wrong.
It does not matter. I am not here on argue pointless shit, but I know for sure that the moment you end up in hand-cuffs, it will never be your fault, or at least you will not think so.
LOL what makes you think I've never been in trouble? I've been in a bit and I took responsibility every time. I think my ability to recognize it was my fault that I was fucking up was what lead to me eventually straightening up real nicely (e.g. growing up).

I've also dealt with plenty of having to subdue and restrain some downright crazed people. It sucks and when you don't know what the person has on him or is capable of.... I just don't understand how some think the cop should have just sat there and taken it, and waited for the criminal's next move.... That's just not how it works and for good reason too.
ragingclue is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #61
Vanity
Private First Class
 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC, Canada

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post

I've also dealt with plenty of having to subdue and restrain some downright crazed people. It sucks and when you don't know what the person has on him or is capable of.... I just don't understand how some think the cop should have just sat there and taken it, and waited for the criminal's next move.... That's just not how it works and for good reason too.
Lol... When did anyone say they believed the cop should have waited to see what the guy's next potential move was?

This whole thread was started because it's quite clear excessive force was used in arresting this "potential" paraplegic. The red-herring "what-if" arguments describing how he may or may not have had a concealed weapon is just distracting to the original argument, which was whether or not a man's face bloodied all over the pavement was appropriate in arresting this subject; a subject that most, under first impression, would've given a benefit-of-the-doubt was paraplegic.

Attacking this argument by association of me, or others, representing a "pussification of society" movement is silly. It really is, because we're arguing for the use of excessive force here. Not the argument that the cop should have held his hand because he's disabled. And so is the association that me, and other posters, belong to a group of "cop-haters", people that think "cops are pigs", and the belief that "all cops are bad". Not true. Cops have a very vital role in society, obviously.

The thread was addressing the after-math of the arrest. With the person's face all bloodied on the floor, can one watch this and say there wasn't any excessive use of force use here? The thread did not make the argument for whether or not this person could've stabbed the cop, shot the cop, or killed the cop. It's about whether it was right -- in this circumstance -- for the suspect to be slammed face-first in the pavement?

I think no. Don't discredit me by labeling me with associations to nanny-movements or cop-hating beliefs. Just my two cents.
__________________
Vanity is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #62
Kensta335
Brigadier General
 
Kensta335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal 626

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (4)

Excessive force was used because he resisted arrest. Simple as that. If he just put his arm behind his head then they wouldn't have thrown his ass to the ground like that. The cops did nothing wrong here.
Kensta335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
killtherussiansympathizer, no-tags?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST