E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Cannot Clear Code 0093C3

04-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
jsunma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328iT

Cannot Clear Code 0093C3

Specifically, "Fault OC3, Code 0093C3". On my 2008 E91 (328i) with sports seats.

I know that this comes from a faulty passenger seat occupancy sensor, and I've had that sensor (actually, it's the whole foam cushion with the sensor mat a part of that) replaced. But even with the new part installed, I cannot clear the code. I've been using BMWhat (the latest version for iOS) with the iViNi wifi adapter. iViNi seems to feel that the code should be clear-able.

And yes, I've checked to make sure that the new mat is plugged in properly, the connection is good, etc. And no, this is not the error that one gets when the BST wire/connector at the battery (for the airbags) is disconnected or loose. It's just that I cannot seem to convince the car's computer that it should let go of the 0093C3 code now that the faulty sensor has been replaced and there should no longer be any error.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Has anyone else had difficulty clearing this code, or success (in some way other than taking the car to the stealership...where they'll probably charge me $200 to run the test and then try to give me crap about installing the replacement part myself...even though the part I installed is obviously an OEM BMW part bought from a BMW dealer...)
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #2
wildcatcrazy69
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Have you tried using INPA? Maybe there's a shadow code that needs to be cleared as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #3
jsunma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328iT

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have access to INPA...but it did cross my mind that perhaps a different coding setup might be able to reach deeper into the module than BMWhat. It does seem that most of the threads I've dug up here on this site where people have talked about resetting this code have come from folks using INPA. Which kind of stinks since I bought the BMWhat app (which ain't cheap...) specifically because they said it would clear this error. And since I was able to see the code using the app, and select it for clearing, I didn't doubt them.

So no one knows of a way to simply zero out the control unit that stores this code? Today I disconnected the battery for about an hour thinking that might do the trick, but no go. How long do those codes hang in there when there's no power to the unit?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 12:24 AM   #4
Quasimodem
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsunma View Post
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have access to INPA...but it did cross my mind that perhaps a different coding setup might be able to reach deeper into the module than BMWhat. It does seem that most of the threads I've dug up here on this site where people have talked about resetting this code have come from folks using INPA. Which kind of stinks since I bought the BMWhat app (which ain't cheap...) specifically because they said it would clear this error. And since I was able to see the code using the app, and select it for clearing, I didn't doubt them.

So no one knows of a way to simply zero out the control unit that stores this code? Today I disconnected the battery for about an hour thinking that might do the trick, but no go. How long do those codes hang in there when there's no power to the unit?
These cars are little b!tches, they dont forget. All you have to do is pull a control module without disconnecting the battery and you are doomed to throw a code forever until you do some reprogramming.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0