E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What do you think about this new car delivery issue???

06-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
C-Lo
Rep

Drives: 2011 335i sedan

What do you think about this new car delivery issue???

I'm a new member who has had an e90 on order for the last 7 weeks.

Given that it was supposed to arrive this week, I called the dealership this past Tuesday and spoke with another sales guy (my guy happened to be off) and he told me that the car was released to the trucking company from the port and that it would be at the dealership either Weds or Thurs this week.

In addition, I've been tracking it on the "My BMW" site where it says that the car arrived at the BMW Center as of yesterday (Thursday).

I called my sales guy and he says that they don't have the car even though it shows up on their inventory and that it's stuck in customs with some other cars and that it probably won't arrive until next week sometime.

That said, I spoke with a friend of mine and he said that he thinks the car was damaged in transit and that they need time to fix it.

So here's my first question...just how accurate is the "My BMW" supposed to be? If it says the dealership has the car, do they?

Second question, if the "My BMW" is accurate and my friend is right, how can I legitimately know if it was damaged given that my sales guy isn't being upfront about the whereabouts of the car?

I want to believe that the car is really stuck in customs but thought I'd ask...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by C-Lo; 06-03-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
GarySL
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335xi E90

My BMW is notoriously inaccurate. My car was shown in port for 2 years.

You will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
C-Lo
Rep

Hoping that's the case, just odd that the other sales guy said that the car was signed over to the trucking company (meaning that it had passed customs already) before my sales guy said it was still in customs...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
Wild Squid
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335i coupe Msport AW

If My BMW says the dealership has it, they probably have it. Whatever the case is, there's nothing you can do. If the dealer says he doesn't have it, he doesn't have it. You can sneak over to the dealership to see if there's something on the lot that is damaged? Or you can ask him straight up if the reason he's telling you he doesn't have it is because it was damaged and needs to be fixed before letting you know?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 335i cpe

There's nothing wrong, I don't know why your friend wants to play with you like that. When I ordered my car, my CA said they literally do not know where the car is between the port and their lot. Until it reaches the port, they know exactly where it is. My car was expected right before a weekend, but it literally pulled in the following Thu. evening, and my CA called me that night saying I could pick it up Fri. I told them no since it wasn't convenient and raining anyway. The BMW website is a useless piece of ****. It said my car was graphite. I just checked yesterday, over 4 years later, and it's space gray.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
Jake.M18
Private
Rep

Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i

Its definetly off I used to work in the inventory department over at BMW and MYBMW is about 3 days of + or - 2 days i would say. And if the car did get damaged or atleast in my experience your Sales perosn should of told you that it got damaged and it is being repaired. Once that car gets on that truck its no saying where it is. Ive had plenty of people call me and ask about there car and its always hard to say where it is even with our systems being the mosy up to date.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
C-Lo
Rep

Just seemed odd that the other sales guy said it was released from port to the trucking company on Tuesday when my sales guy said it was still in customs today...I do plan to ask them directly whether or not any work needed to be done...that said, does a dealership have to share the work (if any) that is done to a new car if it is damaged prior to delivery if you ask?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #8
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Your sales guy is just messing with you, how does he know that a car is in customs? go into the dealership and make him show you his screen. Seriously, tell him you want to see his screen. Better yet, don't tell anyone and just walk into the showroom. You're not the only car they're delivering, they want you to pick up the car so they can book it. Not sure why others here are so paranoid...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
111R
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Lotus

The 'Track my BMW' feature on the 'My BMW' site for my car never materialized. I found out on the shipping company's website that the car is now on the Integrity somewhere between Southhampton, England and Baltimore, Maryland.
'13 Audi A3 TDI (Ibis White) Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth - Wife's car - Delivery 9/12
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
Jake.M18
Private
Rep

Drives: 2008 Alpine White 335i

Yes the dealership will have to disclose that imformation to you no matter what. Im pretty sure its the law.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #11
Bill-SD
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: '07 335i / '14 328i

Tracking your car will drive you crazy...as you've seen. Relax, and when it gets there they'll call you and then you can start enjoying it
      06-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #12
caesarp
Private
Rep

Drives: 328i xdrive space gray/saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111R View Post
The 'Track my BMW' feature on the 'My BMW' site for my car never materialized. I found out on the shipping company's website that the car is now on the Integrity somewhere between Southhampton, England and Baltimore, Maryland.
The integrity is about dead center between Europe and the U.S. right now, plenty of tracking info available here:

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDC6925

Notes

Date/time

Position

Naut miles run

Avg speed

Wind from/ knots

Barom

Visib

Wave height

Air temp

Dewpoint

Water temp

2011-Jun-04 12:00

N 5000' W 03254'

160 / 9

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
caesarp
Private
Rep

Drives: 328i xdrive space gray/saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-SD View Post
Tracking your car will drive you crazy...as you've seen. Relax, and when it gets there they'll call you and then you can start enjoying it
au contraire, tracking a BMW from the factory is a fine 6 week hobby. I was usually a step or 2 ahead of the dealer. Check it out:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=536197
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #14
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Tracking is overrated, imagine how those folks would have felt when all the M3's got tossed. It's hard to put things into perspective in life I suppose, goes with experience. Imagine all the emotions that a person feels when trying to land a new job, then getting the job, or not getting it--do you guys really think it's appropriate to feel the same way about a car that's being shipped from overseas, that you paid for fair and square, where the outcome is already determined? I get it, I felt that way back in 11/06 as this was my first BMW. But looking back, it wasn't appropriate in the big picture.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #15
roundle
EXPAT
Netherlands
Rep

Drives: 2011 328iT (US-Spec, 6MT, ZSP)

Lots of holidays in Europe this week as well... As a result, I'm sure a number of workers are off for the week.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #16
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
I'm a new member who has had an e90 on order for the last 7 weeks.

Given that it was supposed to arrive this week, I called the dealership this past Tuesday and spoke with another sales guy (my guy happened to be off) and he told me that the car was released to the trucking company from the port and that it would be at the dealership either Weds or Thurs this week.

In addition, I've been tracking it on the "My BMW" site where it says that the car arrived at the BMW Center as of yesterday (Thursday).

I called my sales guy and he says that they don't have the car even though it shows up on their inventory and that it's stuck in customs with some other cars and that it probably won't arrive until next week sometime.

That said, I spoke with a friend of mine and he said that he thinks the car was damaged in transit and that they need time to fix it.

So here's my first question...just how accurate is the "My BMW" supposed to be? If it says the dealership has the car, do they?

Second question, if the "My BMW" is accurate and my friend is right, how can I legitimately know if it was damaged given that my sales guy isn't being upfront about the whereabouts of the car?

I want to believe that the car is really stuck in customs but thought I'd ask...

Thanks in advance.
Boy,

You and your dealer are going to have a Rocky relationship if this is how much ( or how little) you trust them!