E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Better Service - Peter Pan or BMWSF?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2007, 10:43 PM   #23
nightkhan
Private Woodman
nightkhan's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
467
Posts

 
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

so update on bmwsf....

they were nice to check everything for me. however, the service advisor could've been better. his name is felipe alfaro. after i dropped off my car...he said he would give me a call in a couple hours. this was 9 am. 3pm...still no call. i kept calling but he was always away from his desk. finally at 4 i got ahold of him, and he said they were still putting my car back together, and wouldn't be available till the next morning. i was fine with it...didn't really need it, but i just wish he could've called me and let me know earlier. he said he'd give me a call before they close.

it's now....8:40pm...and wait...hold on....got a call...




guess what....it was felipe....calling at 8:40 PM!!!! telling me i can pick it up tomorrow at 7:30.....

wow.....don't even know what to say.

as far as the rattle...i just pointed out where it was coming from, and they took care of the rest.
__________________
Former King of Stock...
E90 325i, Jet Black:
Done with
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 11:39 PM   #24
1001
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
830
Posts

 
Drives: 06' 325i/08' 350z/09' 128i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San francisco

iTrader: (0)

^ he's the same guy i go to too. i dropped off the car a 7 or whatever time they open and i need the rear brakes done and the front left signal replaced cuz it was burnt out and since i have solaris bulbs, i had him change the other side too and he told me the car will be done around 4pm. i asked him if i could pick it up earlier and told him around 12 noon or 1pm. he said ok and then it's 11am and calls to tell me that the solaris bulb is messing up the socket so he's gonna replace both bulbs. At 3pm i called to see if the car is done and he tells me it was done when he called at 11am but he never to me that on the phone so my car was just sitting there for a few hours more when i needed it back asap.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 12:40 AM   #25
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
Russian Federation
50
Rep
3,250
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 SG e90 335d
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA

iTrader: (11)

Send a message via Skype™ to koreez88
BMWSF sucks. I had to drop off the car at the service a few months ago, and filling car up with the oil took them about 7-8 hours. They weren't willing to give me a loaner, instead, they gave me a $10 prepaid ticket for taxi. As I'm young and unexperienced, I took it. After I got off university (USF, which is like a 10-15 minute drive in San Francisco), I called them and they WEREN'T willing to send a shuttle to pick me up.
That was absolutely horrible experience and I won't voluntarily come back there, I haven't heard anything positive about their service anyway, and I've heard a lot of goodies about Peter Pan. Oh well, I'll give it a shot next time.
A friend of mine who works at a dealership and owns a Toyota AND a Bimmer himself, told me that dealership MUST give you a free loaner of their own brand if you are making an appointment about 7 days in advance. That is in the contract. Next time dealership tries to give me a taxi ticket, I'll shave it up their ass.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 10:48 AM   #26
kyee
Private
United_States
2
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i sedan
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreez88 View Post
A friend of mine who works at a dealership and owns a Toyota AND a Bimmer himself, told me that dealership MUST give you a free loaner of their own brand if you are making an appointment about 7 days in advance. That is in the contract.
hmm, I don't know about that. I don't think they HAVE to give you a loaner. Anyway, the appt I just made is about 2 1/2 weeks in advance. They're not giving me a BMW loaner, they're giving me an Enterprise rental that they're going to pay for. Guess it's better than nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #27
dejav0o
Captain
dejav0o's Avatar
8
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: SG 330i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Mateo

iTrader: (1)

Seems like there's a lot of negative things to be said about the BMWSF, but at least it sounds like they're willing to look into rattles in the car. This is my main concern, since I have rattles coming from 4 different locations that I want looked into, but I'm afraid that most service departments won't give me the time of day to even look into it since rattles are such a natural thing that occurs over the life of the car.
__________________
Mods: blacklines, sunglass tray holder w/ led mod, clear bra, 30% tint, rear outlet plugs, LUX 3.0, McCulloch 6000k HIDs
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #28
nightkhan
Private Woodman
nightkhan's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
467
Posts

 
Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejav0o View Post
Seems like there's a lot of negative things to be said about the BMWSF, but at least it sounds like they're willing to look into rattles in the car. This is my main concern, since I have rattles coming from 4 different locations that I want looked into, but I'm afraid that most service departments won't give me the time of day to even look into it since rattles are such a natural thing that occurs over the life of the car.

dejav0O....here's the link to thread i wrote about the repair:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...420#post819420
__________________
Former King of Stock...
E90 325i, Jet Black:
Done with
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2007, 09:15 PM   #29
daywic
Norcal
daywic's Avatar
0
Rep
22
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (2)

Go make a appointment and get a loaner from Concord BMW , they have the best customer service.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 04:06 PM   #30
Ryan 330i
Major
Ryan 330i's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,181
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E93 335i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco | LA | Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan 330i
BMW SF.
Chris Bronstorff
or
Chris Mizappelli

both amazing advisors.
__________________
2009 E93 335i | Jet | Black Dakota | Grey Poplar | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | Step | Paddles | i-Drive | CA | Sirius | HD | Logic7 | 06FL | 06NF | PDC | OEM Alarm | LUX
Retired: 2007 E92 335i
Retired: 2006 E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #31
BobbyP
Second Lieutenant
BobbyP's Avatar
Serbia
4
Rep
211
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i F30 Sport 6M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BG

iTrader: (1)

Hi Everyone,

I bought cars at BMW SF, Peter Pan and East Bay BMW. Its my opinion that BMW SF is THE WORST dealership in the country followed by Peter Pan. Anyway, I service my car at Mt. View BMW who are OK - not bad not great however found that Weatherford was the best place. I had a problem BMW SF refused to fix under warranty and Weatherford took care of it. Anyway, I would avoid either dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #32
Ryan 330i
Major
Ryan 330i's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,181
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E93 335i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Francisco | LA | Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Ryan 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Hi Everyone,

I bought cars at BMW SF, Peter Pan and East Bay BMW. Its my opinion that BMW SF is THE WORST dealership in the country followed by Peter Pan. Anyway, I service my car at Mt. View BMW who are OK - not bad not great however found that Weatherford was the best place. I had a problem BMW SF refused to fix under warranty and Weatherford took care of it. Anyway, I would avoid either dealerships.
what was the issue that they wouldent cover that berkeley would?
__________________
2009 E93 335i | Jet | Black Dakota | Grey Poplar | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | Step | Paddles | i-Drive | CA | Sirius | HD | Logic7 | 06FL | 06NF | PDC | OEM Alarm | LUX
Retired: 2007 E92 335i
Retired: 2006 E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 12:31 AM   #33
juuni
Private
juuni's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
77
Posts

 
Drives: 335i sedan (ED)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: san francisco

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs down

i just had a pretty bad experience today with BMWSF service.

reported 3 issues:

1) creaking seats
2) nav popup problem (aka well known SIB that gets you the V25 upgrade)
3) 'bubble' on the side of my right front tire (i have only 2500 miles on my car)

First bad thing: no loaner, you get a free rental (well, you have to pay for insurance still unless you want to use your own). Got 'lucky' to have a monster Dodge RAM 1500 (that's 'all they had left') that drinks gas like there's no tomorrow. WTF!? I bought a BMW, do you think i enjoy driving this crap around town?

then, called at 11am to get update. nobody calls me back. call back at 4:30pm to leave another message. finally someone gets back to me saying my car is 'ready'.

pick it up, results:
1) creaking seats fixed BUUUUUUUT as I drive back home I realize:

a) next to the moonroof, black fingerprints (dust?!) next to the moonroof buttons... don't they wear gloves or clean their hands before driving cars around? and why the heck did they have to put their hands up there to fix my seats and the nav?? I'm PISSED OFF to have to clean that shit.

b) oil splits all over the place next to my seat where they lubed stuff + an oil dot on the side of the door --> CRAP, WTF?!

2) 'nav fixed' by changing the view of my assistance window to 'arrow' --> NO WAY. do you think i'm that stupid to not figure that out myself? i reported a well known problem of the V24 NAV which doesn't pop up the arrows when it should on the right screen when i'm not in arrow mode.... dude... who's been working there for more than a week to know about this? they must think i'm a moron who didn't know how to switch views. if they don't know what the heck my problem was (After describing clearly by email, which they had note of in the computer when i showed up + my explanation in person during drop off), they could have called me at least no?

3) told me when i dropped off that this isn't something they can do anything about. that's 'normal' and happens when you hit potholes (none of my rims has any scratch or bent due to potholes). i did run into crappy streets (yes, lucky who didn't in San Francisco) but i surely wouldn't expect my tire to bubble like this. guy didn't seem to care much and all he could say is for me to go to bridgestone if i wanted to see if they would replace my tire. nice... well, i surely won't try to get that resolved at BMWSF

conclusion: stay away from these guys

the only thing they did right is that they didn't wash my car as i asked. i know they are the swirl masters so i'm happy at least i still have a perfect black sapphire paint in hands.... even though i had to clean up the mess in the car after service.

i'm never going to drive there again that's for sure...

peter pan? maybe i'll give it a shot since it's next to my work... i still want that V25 upgrade done at one point. and i'll see what they say about my tire.
__________________
335i sedan, black sapphire, black leather, aluminum trim, MT, ZPP, ZSP, CA, Navi, folding seats
took delivery in Munich on 12/21/06, dropped off in Paris on 01/03/07, re-delivery on 02/28/07.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #34
shadowcoder
Captain
shadowcoder's Avatar
Greece
12
Rep
901
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Jose, CA / Orland Park, IL

iTrader: (1)

It is unfortunate about the tire, but you will get the same response
from all BMW dealers about the bubble. Give it a try with Bridgestone
and see what they say. Don't waste your time with any dealer cause
it will just get you more upset.

Rgearding the rest...well what's new with BMWSF in this post? Nothing.
They continue to suck donkey balls in their serice department, from top
to bottom. Oh well, now that you know how they are like the rest of us
who have tried them, you'll stay away.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #35
SES_D
pewpew
SES_D's Avatar
United_States
267
Rep
21,119
Posts

 
Drives: LTMW
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF, Bay Area

iTrader: (26)

BMWSF gave me a free RFT when mine had a flat the day I got the car. LOL.
I probably ran over something on the way home (BAD LUCK FROM HELL), but still, they were nice enough to replace the tire free of cost.

Eh......I havn't had a bad experience with them yet. Topped off oil for free, no swirl marks on my tiag (because it's a tiag). Alarm installation was hassle free, perfect, and also received a discount.

Guess I'm the only lucky one =D
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #36
ren
Captain
14
Rep
825
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: U.S.

iTrader: (8)

I had told BMWSF not to put the sticker on my car many times before I took delivery and they didn't. (that's what I thought)
Last weekend I was washing my car for the first time, and realized the sticky stuff left on the trunk from the sticker. You could almost read the letters. I think my CA realized it in the last minute, and had it removed before I saw it but they couldn't even clean the remaining sticky stuff.
As I stated before, my car has swirls, even on the poplar. I don't know why they had to touch the trim inside the car. My CA was first trying to tell me that all cars have that much , but later she said they will fix everything. I don't think I will trust them again to let them fix the paint, because it's more likely that they will just make it worse.
So what happens at the end? I love my car, but every time I see the swirls I can't enjoy my time until I forget about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2007, 06:17 PM   #37
baltik
Lieutenant
7
Rep
407
Posts

 
Drives: porsche 944 turbo
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

How is sonnen for service, any other alternatives?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #38
uberschnell
Brigadier General
uberschnell's Avatar
No_Country
71
Rep
3,424
Posts

 
Drives: // 135i //, X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (44)

If possible, buy from the dealership you plan on getting your service done at.
And keep in mind that the 3 series is considered by most dealership folks “entry level”, almost a loss-leader for all intensive purposes. Especially on the peninsula, there is a lot of money floating around. I noticed the car selection skews to the higher end more at a place like Peter Pan vs. Fremont BMW. Greater selection of 5’s 6’s and 7’s even a few M’s (most dealerships only special order those).
I’ve bought 3 cars from Peter Pan, so I guess I’ve built up some sort of equity with them. And minute as it is, they have taken good care of me. Anytime I’ve needed a loaner it’s been a 325. They have a huge selection (ever expanding as they buy up more local lots) and the showroom / service area is fairly clean.
One experience, I had my rear window controller (motor) go pop and die on me at around 50K on my 325. It was way out of warranty and I knew that and was ready to pay. Not expecting anything from them, I still let the SA know I was a little unhappy with the fact that I had this kind of stuff happening at only 50K. He admitted that they were having “issues” with those controllers and apologized. On his own he went to talk to the service manager and came back and offered to cover 50% of the cost for the part and do the install on their dime, he also extended the offer to the other window controller as he figured “wink wink” that I would be back in sooner then later to replace that one. So I took them up on the offer and they had it done in half a day.
Most all of my experience there has been along those lines, so overall I very happy with them. Also, the sales staff has always been good to me.
They have also been around for a long time, always a +.

And one last thing, it doesn’t hurt to have that dealer’s license plate frame on when you go to get service.
__________________
- 08 135i - Wavetrac LSD, AST 4100, Swift springs, Brembo GT brakes, M3 front sway, Meyle HD links, Dinan Camber plates, Whiteline subframe bushings, M3 rear guide and upper link, M3 front control arms, HP custom M3 front Strut brace, Megan rear control arms, F30 brake shields -
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #39
kyee
Private
United_States
2
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i sedan
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

OK, I don't need any " I told you so's!", but I think that's the situation I'm in.

I took my '07 335i sedan to BMWSF on Monday morning at 8 to get the Sirius sat radio and iPod connector installed. The reason I chose them over Peter Pan is that they were almost $200 cheaper for the package, and they offered a loaner car - even if it was only a crappy COBALT thru Enterprise. I asked Peter Pan, and they told me that "since we're a family owned dealership, we don't offer loaners." I call BS - it's probably just because I didn't buy the car from there.

In any case, the car was supposed to be ready for pickup either late in the afternoon on Monday, or Tuesday morning. My SA calls me at 3pm on Monday to say that the parts that were sent to them for the Sirius radio was missing some parts. The replacement parts were being FedEx'd overnight, and that the car would be ready the next day. What - they only stock 1 Sirius radio at a time? No spare parts on hand? Hard to believe. So, I get to drive this pile of crap rental for another day. Tuesday afternoon comes by, and the SA calls me to say that it took them longer than anticipated to install, and the software needs 8 hours to update, so it wouldn't be done with the update till that evening. He tells me to just come in at 10 the next morning as it'll be ready for sure by then.

Again, I get to drive that piece of crap rental for yet another day. I show up at the dealership this morning - now on my friggin' THIRD DAY, and go up to the counter to request my car. I just know that the car won't be ready, and my suspicions were proved correct. The SA comes out to say that the back panel that covers the Sat radio and electronics in the trunk needs to be replaced, and the part is supposed to arrive any minute. So I wait for about 1/2 hour - he comes back to say the car is ready. BUT, there still is no panel. I look in the trunk and all the electronics/wires are exposed. He says the part should come in by next week. WTF?! I need to get to work, so I just say give me the keys and I'm out of here.

I start up the car, and guess what - the damn iPod doesn't work. I call the SA, he brings out a mechanic, and they tell me that the system needs to reset after resting for 1/2 hour turned off. I doubt this explanation, but decide to give it a chance. I drove to work, then came back out after 1 hour to try it again - of course it doesn't work. Even worse, now there's an error in the display saying there's some kind of malfunction/jam with the sunroof. Something about the pinch/snag protection or something. It won't go away, and I can't open the sunroof fully. It moves about 1" at a time, and only in the position where the back portion pops up. I can't get it to open all the way.

Am I pissed? Ummm..... HELL YES!

I've still got to go back to these idiots to get everything fixed. The only thing they got right was not washing the car like I asked them to. Guess I'll have to make the long drive to Mountain View BMW from now on.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #40
shadowcoder
Captain
shadowcoder's Avatar
Greece
12
Rep
901
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Jose, CA / Orland Park, IL

iTrader: (1)

Why oh why oh why did you go to BMWSF?

You have my sympathy. I'd rather pay the extra buck to have peace of mind than
deal with the BMWSF idiots. They are simply the worse and completely incompetent.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 12:55 AM   #41
klinkerklu
Respect my Authoritay
klinkerklu's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
223
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi ED
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SF Bay

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi ED  [0.00]
Good Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyee View Post
OK, I don't need any " I told you so's!", but I think that's the situation I'm in.

I took my '07 335i sedan to BMWSF on Monday morning at 8 to get the Sirius sat radio and iPod connector installed. The reason I chose them over Peter Pan is that they were almost $200 cheaper for the package, and they offered a loaner car - even if it was only a crappy COBALT thru Enterprise. I asked Peter Pan, and they told me that "since we're a family owned dealership, we don't offer loaners." I call BS - it's probably just because I didn't buy the car from there.

In any case, the car was supposed to be ready for pickup either late in the afternoon on Monday, or Tuesday morning. My SA calls me at 3pm on Monday to say that the parts that were sent to them for the Sirius radio was missing some parts. The replacement parts were being FedEx'd overnight, and that the car would be ready the next day. What - they only stock 1 Sirius radio at a time? No spare parts on hand? Hard to believe. So, I get to drive this pile of crap rental for another day. Tuesday afternoon comes by, and the SA calls me to say that it took them longer than anticipated to install, and the software needs 8 hours to update, so it wouldn't be done with the update till that evening. He tells me to just come in at 10 the next morning as it'll be ready for sure by then.

Again, I get to drive that piece of crap rental for yet another day. I show up at the dealership this morning - now on my friggin' THIRD DAY, and go up to the counter to request my car. I just know that the car won't be ready, and my suspicions were proved correct. The SA comes out to say that the back panel that covers the Sat radio and electronics in the trunk needs to be replaced, and the part is supposed to arrive any minute. So I wait for about 1/2 hour - he comes back to say the car is ready. BUT, there still is no panel. I look in the trunk and all the electronics/wires are exposed. He says the part should come in by next week. WTF?! I need to get to work, so I just say give me the keys and I'm out of here.

I start up the car, and guess what - the damn iPod doesn't work. I call the SA, he brings out a mechanic, and they tell me that the system needs to reset after resting for 1/2 hour turned off. I doubt this explanation, but decide to give it a chance. I drove to work, then came back out after 1 hour to try it again - of course it doesn't work. Even worse, now there's an error in the display saying there's some kind of malfunction/jam with the sunroof. Something about the pinch/snag protection or something. It won't go away, and I can't open the sunroof fully. It moves about 1" at a time, and only in the position where the back portion pops up. I can't get it to open all the way.

Am I pissed? Ummm..... HELL YES!

I've still got to go back to these idiots to get everything fixed. The only thing they got right was not washing the car like I asked them to. Guess I'll have to make the long drive to Mountain View BMW from now on.
OMG! DON'T TAKE IT TO MTN VIEW!! (esp for the sunroof )
see our the notes from our lovely experience:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...46&postcount=6

FYI, sunroof is an easy fix. Hold the sunroof button down for a long time until it re-initializes. Then it will slide into normal positions and the warning will disappear.
__________________
330xi | 6-speed | Sparkling Graphite | Sport Package | iPod Adapter| BlackLines| F1 Pinnacle 35%
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #42
kyee
Private
United_States
2
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i sedan
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Damn. If I can't take it to BMWSF, and I can't take it to Mtn. View, AND Peter Pan doesn't offer any loaners - then what does that leave me with?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #43
dejav0o
Captain
dejav0o's Avatar
8
Rep
606
Posts

 
Drives: SG 330i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Mateo

iTrader: (1)

^ LOL.... weatherford, and stevens creek. Both have been at the top of my list, but they're just too far.
__________________
Mods: blacklines, sunglass tray holder w/ led mod, clear bra, 30% tint, rear outlet plugs, LUX 3.0, McCulloch 6000k HIDs
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #44
shadowcoder
Captain
shadowcoder's Avatar
Greece
12
Rep
901
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Jose, CA / Orland Park, IL

iTrader: (1)

stevens creek, weatherford, fremont and concord?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST