E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Cool Mountain Biking Vid.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Cool Mountain Biking Vid.

__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

Posts: 11,038
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
nice
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
just4kickz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
man, i just got back on a bike after 20 years and its freaking amazing. riding my friend's road bike right now, but have this one on order. coming this friday.

one thing for sure, its much easier to pick a car to buy than a bicycle. there are sooooooooo many of them. lol
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
man, i just got back on a bike after 20 years and its freaking amazing. riding my friend's road bike right now, but have this one on order. coming this friday.

one thing for sure, its much easier to pick a car to buy than a bicycle. there are sooooooooo many of them. lol
Cool man!

It's a great way to stay in shape and see some nature.

I am about to get a new full suspension bike and you are totally right, even with tons of test rides and researching there so many types out there.
Some even go up to $8K+ in price!
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

You guys have some sweet trails to ride. Here in FL there are very few and no nice DH rides. I'm using like a 1/10 of my bikes capacity.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
jpsum
Major
 
jpsum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Haven area

Posts: 1,089
iTrader: (4)

i wish we have trails like that here..

Great video
jpsum is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,171
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Cool man!

It's a great way to stay in shape and see some nature.

I am about to get a new full suspension bike and you are totally right, even with tons of test rides and researching there so many types out there.
Some even go up to $8K+ in price!
$8K? thats for amateurs

Was at the Trek store yesterday getting a cruiser for my GF. They have a couple of $16K road bikes for sale. I was told they are "mid-range"
Friend of mine is a photog, there are 2 $15K bikes in his studio for a photoshoot right now.

http://www.factor001.com/ these go for $40K
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
$8K? thats for amateurs

Was at the Trek store yesterday getting a cruiser for my GF. They have a couple of $16K road bikes for sale. I was told they are "mid-range"
Friend of mine is a photog, there are 2 $15K bikes in his studio for a photoshoot right now.

http://www.factor001.com/ these go for $40K
Damn, that's some crazy shite!
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
You guys have some sweet trails to ride. Here in FL there are very few and no nice DH rides. I'm using like a 1/10 of my bikes capacity.
You guys can build some with your local mtb association.

Here's a newly made trail.

__________________
The journey is the reward.

Last edited by M3Bahn; 06-01-2011 at 05:29 PM.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
colombiano
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

Sweet vid! Nicely captured. Lots of suspension travel on those bikes.
colombiano is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #11
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

Posts: 469
iTrader: (0)

currently in switzerland for a month on a stop for my mtb tour of europe

did some riding a few days ago... it didn't end pretty..

btw, those are clouds, not fog!
Attached Images
  
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #12
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
 
Chenry135's Avatar
 
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

I just got into mountain biking myself! This video is a good representation of what I can strive for! Looks like a great place to ride too.
Chenry135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #13
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
currently in switzerland for a month on a stop for my mtb tour of europe

did some riding a few days ago... it didn't end pretty..

btw, those are clouds, not fog!
Looks like you are having fun.

Where are all the hot Eurobabe pics you promised?
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #14
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

Posts: 469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Looks like you are having fun.

Where are all the hot Eurobabe pics you promised?
I've been getting too hammered to remember to take pics at night
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #15
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenry135 View Post
I just got into mountain biking myself! This video is a good representation of what I can strive for! Looks like a great place to ride too.
It's blankets creek not that far from atl.

Trails in SE
http://sorbachattanooga.org/trails.php
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #16
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
I've been getting too hammered to remember to take pics at night
Are you traveling only by bike?
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #17
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 2

Posts: 469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Are you traveling only by bike?
hell no. I'm taking trains everywhere. It is still a pain in the ass because my downhill bike is so heavy, and combined with my other bags it is a nightmare
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #18
KiokenM3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
KiokenM3's Avatar
 
Drives: LIFTED JEEP JK!
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: LA

Posts: 1,507
iTrader: (4)

nice
__________________
Gintani SC ST2+, OE tuned, RPI GT EXHAUST=601WHP, 396TORQUE on 91pump. DYNOJET STD CF. SOLD
KiokenM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #19
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
You guys can build some with your local mtb association.

Here's a newly made trail.
The problem in FL is that a jump run will only last a few hours. There is nothing but loose dirt/sand here. No hard packed clay/dirt. Sweet vid though!!

Heading up to Upper Michigan soon and taking my Enduro Evo with me. Can't wait to put it to good use!
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #20
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
The problem in FL is that a jump run will only last a few hours. There is nothing but loose dirt/sand here. No hard packed clay/dirt. Sweet vid though!!

Heading up to Upper Michigan soon and taking my Enduro Evo with me. Can't wait to put it to good use!
Nice bike!
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #21
Nutballa
Captain
 
Nutballa's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin, Texas+ San Antonio

Posts: 790
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Nutballa Send a message via Yahoo to Nutballa
Nice! I have a Marin Muirwoods 29er Hybrid. There's a extremely long trail I ride on in San Antonio. As well as a dirt paved, forest bike trail next to my family's house in Austin. I ride on it often. I often ride it at night with LED lights on my bike since it gets pretty hot during the day.
__________________
BMW FTW!

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.


Nutballa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #22
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
 
Chenry135's Avatar
 
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga

Posts: 304
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
It's blankets creek not that far from atl.

Trails in SE
http://sorbachattanooga.org/trails.php
Blankets Creek is 5 minutes from my house, and I go there almost every day. I love that place!
Chenry135 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST