E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How fast were you Caught

06-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #67
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330xi 6mt

What the hell is this, "one cop from one city saw me do this" and "the other cop watched a video of me doing this"??
If this was true the original cop would have charged you with Fleeing and eluding and impounded your car and put your ass in jail.
As a minor I would think you would be on some type of provisional license anyway, Perhaps you should tweek your story a bit next time
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #68
2006BMW330XISedan
Rep

Drives: 06 G35

I think those fines are for civil infractions, he's into criminal territory. From the same site:

Quote:
Juvenile Court

For court processing purposes, juveniles are 10 through 16 years of age (at the time of issuance of citation), except for tobacco violations which are defined as those persons under the age of 18. Alcohol violations are defined as those persons under the age of 21.

Juveniles cannot pay a citation unless ordered by a Judge. Court dates will be mailed to juveniles 10 through 16 years and parent or guardian. Alcohol and tobacco violators between 17 and 20 years of age cannot pay a citation and must request a court date within 21 days of issuance of citation and appear in court (parent or guardian not required).
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #69
AWLE902008
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 TiAg E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregxi View Post
What the hell is this, "one cop from one city saw me do this" and "the other cop watched a video of me doing this"??
If this was true the original cop would have charged you with Fleeing and eluding and impounded your car and put your ass in jail.
As a minor I would think you would be on some type of provisional license anyway, Perhaps you should tweek your story a bit next time
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #70
evanescent03
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: aw F80

96 in a 55 when I was 17... just got to college and driving home on the interstate... maxing out my 97 subaru outback pretty much. the dialogue

me: "so sir, am I going to lose my license for this"
PO: "most likely, yes"
me: "is there ANY way i can avoid that because last week I got an underage (not driving) drinking citation and I will lose my license for 3 months for that"
PO: "put yourself at the mercy of the judge"

and that's what i did. she made me feel really small, she yelled at me, and went "motherly" on me and made me feel like an idiot. i've cleaned up my act since then (8 yrs of school ago) and haven't gotten another ticket since that.

even though the guy with the kids is being a little crazy above, take it to heart because you really are putting lives at risk when you go that fast. so many unexpected things can happen (potholes, animals, debris, other a*holes, mechanical problems, etc etc) that you're much better off facing going a reasonable speed.

if you think ur parents would be pissed about your ticket, imagine how pissed they'd be if you were in a vehicular homicide case. if thinking about that kinda stuff doesn't slow you down, then you really are an idiot
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #71
AWLE902008
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006BMW330XISedan View Post
I think those fines are for civil infractions, he's into criminal territory. From the same site:
then he will need this link....http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/fi...s/Dallas/Texas
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #72
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: e93 2008 Montego Metallic 335i

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
he was behind me and had it on tape i didnt realize he was behind me till my red light/ u turn at least i think he said he had it on tape to shut me up from fighting the ticket, i dont know never got a ticket and dont know what to do, i thought id get advice from my brotherly e90 posters and a lil of comfort
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #73
Numark318i
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 328i

Ohh man.

Was in my dads old Porsche about ten years ago. 1986 Red Widebody Cabriolet with a few engine mods. Flew by a cop on the side of the road at 160 MPH. Kept going. About 15 minutes later a motorcycle cop pulls up next to us on I-5, shakes his finger and continues on his way.

ROFL

Monaco Blue 2008 328i/Sports/6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #74
AWLE902008
Captain
United_States
Rep

be a adult and man up to your actions and face the consequence.....tell you parents now.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #75
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep

Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

81 on a 65 and 61 on a 45. Somehow both are exactly 16mph over. Might that have anything to do with 15+ carrying the heaviest penalties? Bastards. And by the way I never got a speeding ticket in my personal car. Only on my Comcast work van. Lol
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #76
okevino
MR x.
Canada
Rep

Drives: E93 335is DCT

Garage List
I felt lucky today. Was going 160km/hr (speed limit was 60km per) going uphill and passed by a cop car going the opposite direction. First thing i did was gear down without stepping on the brake. His side was quite congested. We caught eyes but he didn't do anything.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #77
BTTGMan
Banned
Rep

Drives: 335xi coupe - space gray

Surely most people here w a 335 have pushed at least 120 on some back stretch of highway. Christ. I've had a prius over 110.

Cars today are at another level.

All this said, you can't take stupid risks e.g. No radar detector and not paying attention in all directions. I actually do think op is flaming. Story doesn't add up. I'm a lawyer, albeit not a litigator or ticket lawyer. If they caught the kid on tape the cops would have gone straight to the parents. He's a minor, and car prob also in their name. Also, If it's enough to write a ticket on, it's enough to give him full punishment. Either the system is just warming up, or tis kid will get off if he fights it. Oh yeah, none of it matters...I really think the story is bogus. They would go straight to parents of a minor. For all they know tis kid drives his little sister around, or babysits. They wouldn't want the heat on them if he kills someone in two days. Even in tx they go straight to parents.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #78
Jns2001
Second Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep

Drives: BMW 325i

Never got caught, and around here they can ticket you with the gator cameras, and so far I have been a good boy on the hwy and the streets, when I get on my favorite backroad, there are no cameras and cops are very rare, almost non existent, except at the top of the hill (which I know they are there), so never got a ticket in the last 4 years. I am angelical.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #79
BTTGMan
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jns2001 View Post
Never got caught, and around here they can ticket you with the gator cameras, and so far I have been a good boy on the hwy and the streets, when I get on my favorite backroad, there are no cameras and cops are very rare, almost non existent, except at the top of the hill (which I know they are there), so never got a ticket in the last 4 years. I am angelical.
Good point. Every time I've been past 125 has almost always been up a hill where a cop is unlikely, and where itl take that much longer to get moving.

There is no substitute for a passport AND being hyper-alert. After that just pray no planes with laser and u good.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #80
FVM3
Major General
Rep

Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTTGMan View Post
In most states that's jail.

Never been caught during extreme driving. Always use top line radar detector and common sense. A few very close calls that could have changed life I.e. Kept me from acceptance to the bar. If u were doing 131 without a passport or valentine, you are an idiot. No disrespect.
I think would it be too late when the V1 alerts?

Last edited by FVM3; 06-01-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #81
BTTGMan
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jns2001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm View Post
I think would it be too late when the V1 alerts?
Absolutely not. Current detectors have amazing range. Unless you're in a jurisdiction that uses laser, a good radar detector will at least get you down to something reasonable I.e. Under 100. Even a good laser detector can't do much. You need something active. I don't go there. Not much laser where I live.

The passport 9500 is where it's at.

A radar detector is worthless if you don't understand it, and combine with common sense e.g. I rarely speed over 20 mph into tight blind curves on highways
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #82
MrClean
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2014 EBII 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
dude its my car... i work really hard this year doing yardwork for my dad and keeping up my grades up once my dad bought me the car he was like one ticket thats all and your car is gone... i have no clue why its hard to belive that i have a 335..
Maybe because you're driving a $50k car. In the real world, you should be pulling in at least two to three times that annually to justify owning a car that costs that much. Can you even afford to put the gas in it, let alone pay for the insurance? Seriously, once you start paying your own bills (food, clothing, shelter, etc) with your own money, you might have a better understanding of what we're talking about. I wish the only thing I had to do was yardwork to drive the car I drive. Holy shit....
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #83
plague
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335i sold :( / jb 20th AE

ok go easy on him.. if his thread sounded like this "me and my boyz were racing, hes got an evo X shits sick nasty dicks, and i got pulled over doing 130 in a 60, the cop was a fucking dick, fuck the cops", THEN alright.

as ive added performance parts to my car i have tested it here and there on the highway etc at night. you get to 100mph in absolutely no time in a tuned up 335. we all know this. ok so the kid got pulled over. he may have very well just been checking his cars power delivery while other cars were not all over the road with his seatbelt on (LOL), and in that case come on, hes not a criminal or a bad person. speeding for christs sake..

OP.. if you know any officers and or anything, id speak to them to try to have strings pulled. yes, it can be done. if not. you present yourself in court properly and maturely, and tell the judge exactly what you were doing and admit to fault and plea guilty etc. its all you can do. pay whatever surcharges you can to keep whatever amount of points off... i dont know if thats possible though when you're doubling the speed limit. id be a terrible cop.... id let everyone go.. im too nice. especially if the person i pulled over was polite.

"sir you were doing 150 in a 45. buutttt, idk. eh.. just.... be. careful. ok bye" lol

Parts for sale- PWM meth kit, M steering wheel, M shift knob, perforated e brake handle
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #84
cloakster
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2012 VW GLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
dude its my car... i work really hard this year doing yardwork for my dad and keeping up my grades up once my dad bought me the car he was like one ticket thats all and your car is gone... i have no clue why its hard to belive that i have a 335..
Weird how you can show responsibility to get the car, but then be so completely irresponsible with the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #85
plague
Captain
Rep

Drives: 335i sold :( / jb 20th AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakster View Post
Weird how you can show responsibility to get the car, but then be so completely irresponsible with the car.
hey.. you can be irresponsible and work hard... i dont consider speeding being irresponsible necessarily...really i mean.. its something we have all done and DO sometimes. lets be honest. his state will make a nice amount of cash to drop into their pockets. thats all its about.. irresponsibility makes the world go round.. hes 17 so it just looks that much worse. anyone agree lol?

Parts for sale- PWM meth kit, M steering wheel, M shift knob, perforated e brake handle
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #86
BTTGMan
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakster View Post
Not really. I raced all my cars as a teenager. Paid for them, then had fun in them. Grew up in a rural area with roads just made for inline 4 turbos without governors. We all did dumb things - some people just are better at getting caught. I cringe to recall my games. Still here. Hate idea of teenagers doing crap we did, but that's the circle of life.

If I had a 335 at his age... Hmmm. Wouldn't be good. That said, even at my age I regularly need to clear the top speed off,the gps as my wife would lose her shit. Me doing high speed on a back road alone is half as dangerous as the douche bag in his Lexus this morning, eating breakfast and reading the paper at a four way traffic light. Now HE is gonna kill someone

I still think this story don't add up.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #87
Dr. Nate
Nate Dogg
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 328i Saloon

First off you don't go to "teen court" in Texas. There are is a juvenile DPS court that specifically addresses anyone under the age of 18 who commits a serious non-accident motor vehicle violation. You will need a lawyer, the judge won't even address you other then to ask why you have no representation. Your parents are also required to be present as they will be asked a ton of questions and possibly fined. If you are over 18 and have a job you could get an SR-22 permit which gives you limited driving privileges (DWI convictions yield the same permit). You will at minimum lose your license for 12-24 months along with other stipulations. I was busted for street racing and repeated speeding tickets. Lost my license for a year and couldn't drive or purchase a vehicle with more than four cylinders for two years. I also had to retake driver's education and do community service at a local hospital rehab clinic so I could see what reckless driving can do.

Second you would have gone to jail if this was true. I was arrested for 100 mph in a 55 when I was 17. There is just too much liability and no cop is going to let a kid drive away after doing those speeds without at least having your parents come to collect the car. I was caught in a alki filed 1955 Belair, explaining to my father why I was racing his car was more of a punishment then what the court did to me.

Disclaimer, no one but people from Dallas actually consider Dallas part of Texas. Please do not take this as a representation of Texas.

-Nate
      06-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #88
MisterSkiMask
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
I think this one is to ridiculous to be made up, cops can charge you with what they want to charge you with to some degree, he got lucky....or the cop saw the reg in his dads name and knew that he would take care of it
Appreciate 0