E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Finally Racing Brake Rear Rotors to be released - Group Buy !



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
ciomas
Captain
 
ciomas's Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Soon
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 3city PL

Posts: 666
iTrader: (0)

Finally Racing Brake Rear Rotors to be released - Group Buy !

Hi Guys,

I know many of you have been waiting for this. From what I've read many, like me, have been postponing the purchase of Racing Brake Rotors untill the rear set is available as well. Well, the wait might be over.

I've spoken to Warren @ Racing Brake and Im happy to announce they are starting a group buy. Its very simple - minimum 10 buyers need to sign up for the rear sets to be produced.

They opted for setting up their own thread to keep it clean and to the point:

http://forums.racingbrake.com/showthread.php?t=773

go register and start ordering those bad boys!


For those of You who haven't been following the rotor development and would like to read up on them - please have a look at the threads below.
(thanks to Mr.5 and HP Autowerks for the great writeups):

Mr.5
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=racing+brake

HP Autowerks
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=racing+brake

enjoy,

Michal


PS
I just want to add that I am in no way affiliated with the manufacturer or any vendors on the forum - just keen to be able to get a full set of those rotors
__________________
335 - Íhlins//Swift//M3 front suspension//M3 subframe bushes//Quaife LSD//AR Design Catless//Forge Intercooler//Alcon BBK//Goodridge//AFE//RPI//Fenders - SOLD
M4-Mineral Gray/Full Shakir Orange/DCT/M Ceramic/M Adaptive Susp.- ORDERED
ciomas is offline   Poland
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
ciomas
Captain
 
ciomas's Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Soon
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 3city PL

Posts: 666
iTrader: (0)

anyone??
__________________
335 - Íhlins//Swift//M3 front suspension//M3 subframe bushes//Quaife LSD//AR Design Catless//Forge Intercooler//Alcon BBK//Goodridge//AFE//RPI//Fenders - SOLD
M4-Mineral Gray/Full Shakir Orange/DCT/M Ceramic/M Adaptive Susp.- ORDERED
ciomas is offline   Poland
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
Autobahn335i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Autobahn335i's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Luxembourg

Posts: 1,567
iTrader: (5)

Ah too bad, I just got new EBC slotted rotors for my car
__________________
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Bilstein PSS10 / M3 Suspension Parts / Powerflex Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / RE Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU Flash / COBB Pro-Tune
Autobahn335i is offline   Luxembourg
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
 
Alpina_B3_Lux's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany

Posts: 2,431
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
It would be helpful if the price of these were communicated somewhere. How do you expect people signing up for something if they don't even know how much they have to pay?

Alpina_B3_Lux
__________________
Audi R8 V10; sold: BMW 335i
Alpina_B3_Lux is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
ciomas
Captain
 
ciomas's Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Soon
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 3city PL

Posts: 666
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
It would be helpful if the price of these were communicated somewhere. How do you expect people signing up for something if they don't even know how much they have to pay?

Alpina_B3_Lux
my point exactly! Ive been asking for the price both by email and on their forum, and the dont seam very keen to give it away. Im affraid they are doing it on purpose - see how popular it gets and then hit us with the price if demand is there.. :/
__________________
335 - Íhlins//Swift//M3 front suspension//M3 subframe bushes//Quaife LSD//AR Design Catless//Forge Intercooler//Alcon BBK//Goodridge//AFE//RPI//Fenders - SOLD
M4-Mineral Gray/Full Shakir Orange/DCT/M Ceramic/M Adaptive Susp.- ORDERED
ciomas is offline   Poland
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #6
The HACK
Garland Operator 7G
 
The HACK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2013 Veloster Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Jerry Brown's little tree-huggin' state

Posts: 3,339
iTrader: (1)

There's a good reason. The rear rotors will likely cost more than the front because they're a three piece design to save weight (the hub is two piece iron with aluminum hat).

They'll likely be around the same price as Performance Friction rotors. If I have to guess? They'll be at least $275 a piece. More likely $300+ retail.

Let me talk to Warren and see what his overall cost is like, including money put into R&D. And I'll see if I can convince him to sell the first 10 sets at cost plus 5% just to get the words out. They're THAT good.

If the pricing on the E46 M3/Z4 M rotors are anything to go by, cost of the rotor is about $160-$175 for the front, so figure about $190 ish for cost on the rear (again, keep in mind...3 piece construct cost more). I would think, if I can convince him to do the 5-10% over cost for the initial 10 sets it would probably run around $225 each.
__________________
Quote:
No way I'd ever take my BMW to the track.
Quote:
Then why do you have $3,000 worth of suspension mods on your car?
Quote:
...
-Overheard at the last B****rfest.
The HACK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2011, 06:06 AM   #7
ciomas
Captain
 
ciomas's Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Soon
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 3city PL

Posts: 666
iTrader: (0)

that sounds very reasonable to me...after all there is no better promo than a happy customer. Well, actually there is - 10 happy customers And we all know the quality of the product is unquestionable
__________________
335 - Íhlins//Swift//M3 front suspension//M3 subframe bushes//Quaife LSD//AR Design Catless//Forge Intercooler//Alcon BBK//Goodridge//AFE//RPI//Fenders - SOLD
M4-Mineral Gray/Full Shakir Orange/DCT/M Ceramic/M Adaptive Susp.- ORDERED
ciomas is offline   Poland
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,641
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciomas View Post
that sounds very reasonable to me...after all there is no better promo than a happy customer. Well, actually there is - 10 happy customers And we all know the quality of the product is unquestionable
+1

I signed up on their forum, so if the price is good on the front and rear rotors then I am in for sure!
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
 
Alpina_B3_Lux's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany

Posts: 2,431
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
There's a good reason. The rear rotors will likely cost more than the front because they're a three piece design to save weight (the hub is two piece iron with aluminum hat).

They'll likely be around the same price as Performance Friction rotors. If I have to guess? They'll be at least $275 a piece. More likely $300+ retail.

Let me talk to Warren and see what his overall cost is like, including money put into R&D. And I'll see if I can convince him to sell the first 10 sets at cost plus 5% just to get the words out. They're THAT good.

If the pricing on the E46 M3/Z4 M rotors are anything to go by, cost of the rotor is about $160-$175 for the front, so figure about $190 ish for cost on the rear (again, keep in mind...3 piece construct cost more). I would think, if I can convince him to do the 5-10% over cost for the initial 10 sets it would probably run around $225 each.
Thanks that would be really helpful.

IIRC the front rotors are sold at around 900 USD a pair, aren't they? I seem to remember that price from the HPAutowerks website.

Alpina_B3_Lux
__________________
Audi R8 V10; sold: BMW 335i
Alpina_B3_Lux is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 01:19 AM   #10
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: E82 1M
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag

Posts: 10,914
iTrader: (29)

Racing Brake two piece front rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
Thanks that would be really helpful.

IIRC the front rotors are sold at around 900 USD a pair, aren't they? I seem to remember that price from the HPAutowerks website.

Alpina_B3_Lux
It's still on our web store:

http://www.hpashop.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=188

And here on the forums:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=racing+brake
HP Autosport is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
The HACK
Garland Operator 7G
 
The HACK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2013 Veloster Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Jerry Brown's little tree-huggin' state

Posts: 3,339
iTrader: (1)

The rear rotor prices I'm proposing to RB is for the first set of group buys only. You can bet that after that first set you will not likely see it at that price again. 5% over cost is UNHEARD OF pricing in this industry.

Still trying to convince Warren that it's a good business practice to get some early adapters on these rotors, especially the rears since it does have some interesting features. Fronts can still be purchased from HPA, and I hope the fronts AND rears will be available from HPA once the initial group buy is over as well.
__________________
Quote:
No way I'd ever take my BMW to the track.
Quote:
Then why do you have $3,000 worth of suspension mods on your car?
Quote:
...
-Overheard at the last B****rfest.
The HACK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #12
jzepeda
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 e92 Dinan Stage 2
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Covina

Posts: 549
iTrader: (12)

I'm in on the GB. please sign me up or let me know what is needed from me.

Thanks,
Jorge

Last edited by jzepeda; 06-09-2011 at 10:37 AM.
jzepeda is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #13
jippii ensio
Major
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: On the road

Posts: 1,170
iTrader: (0)

Nice
jippii ensio is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
The HACK
Garland Operator 7G
 
The HACK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2013 Veloster Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Jerry Brown's little tree-huggin' state

Posts: 3,339
iTrader: (1)

Had a LONG talk with Warren today. He showed me how much more involved the rear rotors are to make, since it's a true 3 piece design where an additional iron ring is inserted into the aluminum hub to retain the emergency brake capabilities. This is a very expensive piece of hardware from the breakdown he showed me.

Having said that. He's receptive to lowering the INITIAL GROUP BUY to $299 per rotor. This will only be offered to the first 10 buyers, although this is getting dangerously to his cost.

For $299 it'll last 2-3 times that of an OEM rotor, plus the rings cost about the same as a new factory rotor replacement AND will continue to last 2-3 times OEM life span. If this does go through you guys owe me, big time.
__________________
Quote:
No way I'd ever take my BMW to the track.
Quote:
Then why do you have $3,000 worth of suspension mods on your car?
Quote:
...
-Overheard at the last B****rfest.
The HACK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #15
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,641
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Had a LONG talk with Warren today. He showed me how much more involved the rear rotors are to make, since it's a true 3 piece design where an additional iron ring is inserted into the aluminum hub to retain the emergency brake capabilities. This is a very expensive piece of hardware from the breakdown he showed me.

Having said that. He's receptive to lowering the INITIAL GROUP BUY to $299 per rotor. This will only be offered to the first 10 buyers, although this is getting dangerously to his cost.

For $299 it'll last 2-3 times that of an OEM rotor, plus the rings cost about the same as a new factory rotor replacement AND will continue to last 2-3 times OEM life span. If this does go through you guys owe me, big time.
Agreed but are they going to make the rears?
And if so at what price?
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #16
jzepeda
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 e92 Dinan Stage 2
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Covina

Posts: 549
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Had a LONG talk with Warren today. He showed me how much more involved the rear rotors are to make, since it's a true 3 piece design where an additional iron ring is inserted into the aluminum hub to retain the emergency brake capabilities. This is a very expensive piece of hardware from the breakdown he showed me.

Having said that. He's receptive to lowering the INITIAL GROUP BUY to $299 per rotor. This will only be offered to the first 10 buyers, although this is getting dangerously to his cost.

For $299 it'll last 2-3 times that of an OEM rotor, plus the rings cost about the same as a new factory rotor replacement AND will continue to last 2-3 times OEM life span. If this does go through you guys owe me, big time.

Thank You, can't wait to get my set.

Thanks,
Jorge
jzepeda is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #17
The HACK
Garland Operator 7G
 
The HACK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2013 Veloster Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Jerry Brown's little tree-huggin' state

Posts: 3,339
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Agreed but are they going to make the rears?
And if so at what price?
Yes he's going to make the rears. He's got all the measurements and is ready for production. The first set of 10 will be $299 for early bird adapters. After that, they'll be $450-$500 each due to the cost/margin analysis (if you don't know, typical "margin" in the aftermarket industry runs around 60% from MSRP to cost).

Sign up for the Group Buy in the link posted earlier in this thread. When the rotors are produced and ready he'll ask those on the list for payment.
__________________
Quote:
No way I'd ever take my BMW to the track.
Quote:
Then why do you have $3,000 worth of suspension mods on your car?
Quote:
...
-Overheard at the last B****rfest.
The HACK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #18
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,641
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Yes he's going to make the rears. He's got all the measurements and is ready for production. The first set of 10 will be $299 for early bird adapters. After that, they'll be $450-$500 each due to the cost/margin analysis (if you don't know, typical "margin" in the aftermarket industry runs around 60% from MSRP to cost).

Sign up for the Group Buy in the link posted earlier in this thread. When the rotors are produced and ready he'll ask those on the list for payment.
NICE!!

So just to get it straight, for the front and rear set we are looking at around $1200 or so?

And thanks for arranging to have them produce a full set! Your tha MAN!!
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #19
Sparky66
Major
 
Sparky66's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

^^^$1200???...... I think you're mixed up^^^^

$299 per rotor Group Buy price, is for the rear only!
i.e.
Front setup: $449.97 x 2 = $899.94
Rear setup : $299.00 x 2 = $598.00

Total $1497.94 + shipping
__________________
Sticky is an Idiot
Sparky66 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #20
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,641
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
^^^$1200???...... I think you're mixed up^^^^

$299 per rotor Group Buy price, is for the rear only!
i.e.
Front setup: $449.97 x 2 = $899.94
Rear setup : $299.00 x 2 = $598.00

Total $1497.94 + shipping
Thanks I was mixed up!

THANKS for straighten me out, I want in on this!!
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #21
OSK77
Private First Class
 
OSK77's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ontario

Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Smile

Awesome product & thread! Just signed up on RB Forum...should be # 7 on the RB list and probably first 335i owner in Canada to install FR & RR RB Rotors Going to go with Cool Carbon brake pads as per Mr. 5's experience.
__________________
BMW Advanced Driver Training Graduate '06 | BMW Club of Canada

07' E90 335i MONACO BLUE | DAKOTA BLACK | ZSP | ZPP | NAV | COMFORT ACCESS | HIGH SPEED MAXIMUM | MICHELIN PILOT SPORT A/S PLUS + 162's | BLIZZAK WS70 + RIAL SALERNOS | 35% TINTS | CUSTOM CODES
OSK77 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #22
farbmw
Brigadier General
 
farbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335IS waiting for M4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

Posts: 3,641
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSK77 View Post
Awesome product & thread! Just signed up on RB Forum...should be # 7 on the RB list and probably first 335i owner in Canada to install FR & RR RB Rotors Going to go with Cool Carbon brake pads as per Mr. 5's experience.
Not if I get them frist! Ha ha ha!
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is!
farbmw is offline   Trinidad_and_tobago
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST