E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (ALMS, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Grand Prix Du Canada 2011



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #243
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
.
Attached Images
   
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #244
escobar929
Brigadier General
escobar929's Avatar
53
Rep
4,309
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
yea, in the last couple of races, I've noticed HRT drivers feeling brave and not letting guys through. They should feel lucky to race
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #245
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
40
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
HRT are roving chicanes, nothing more. Shit they can't even get a sponsor on the sidepod. It still says "Your Name Here"

LAME!!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #246
Kurohouou
Second Lieutenant
Kurohouou's Avatar
5
Rep
206
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East Side

iTrader: (1)

Good job Button and great race for Schumacher as well, was really hoping he would get on the podium! Maybe next time. He was really flying around that track between laps 50-63ish. Great race all around though!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #247
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
HRT are roving chicanes, nothing more. Shit they can't even get a sponsor on the sidepod. It still says "Your Name Here"

LAME!!!!
Seriously a disgrace of Formula 1, the least prepared team.
In Australia, they failed to get the car ready, and only able to get ONE car doing one "flying lap" in Q1. And got kicked out of the race on 107% rule.

In most of the races this season they were lurking around the back and causing trouble to the front runners. They fail to recognize the front runners who are lapping almost 3-4 secs a lap quicker.

They also fail in development race and bringing proper upgrades to each race. Small team structure is NOT an excuse, Virgin, Lotus, STR and RBR in years ago are small team as well.

Sooner or later we will see some pole sitter and front running collide with an HRT or very slow backmarkers.....who failed to get the F out of the way and causing the front runners a championship.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #248
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
ADV.1 Matt's Avatar
36
Rep
1,512
Posts

 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Finally got to watch the race last night. Amazing race! One of the best races of the season for sure! What an ending!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #249
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
10,077
Posts

 
Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

Mark webber last year hit the lotus when they were in a similar situation to HRT at Valencia I think.

Remember when he went belly side up afte the lotus wouldn't let webber lap him?

Some could argue that it was the reason that he lost the drivers championship
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #250
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Mark webber last year hit the lotus when they were in a similar situation to HRT at Valencia I think.

Remember when he went belly side up afte the lotus wouldn't let webber lap him?

Some could argue that it was the reason that he lost the drivers championship
Similar but I'd say a bit different....since its a long straight....some would argue that Hekki already moving towards left on the long straight....and Webber kept tailgating him trying to get the maximum tow....then towards the braking zone, heikki braked earlier than RBRs can....

And don't forget, even with the large speed differential...both Heikki and Webber are "fighting" for position, and they are on the same lap....

which in HRT's case....Narian should've just friggin jump out of the way....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #251
arggg45
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
3
Rep
245
Posts

 
Drives: fairly quickly.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: finding the end of the road

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Seriously a disgrace of Formula 1, the least prepared team.
In Australia, they failed to get the car ready, and only able to get ONE car doing one "flying lap" in Q1. And got kicked out of the race on 107% rule.

In most of the races this season they were lurking around the back and causing trouble to the front runners. They fail to recognize the front runners who are lapping almost 3-4 secs a lap quicker.

They also fail in development race and bringing proper upgrades to each race. Small team structure is NOT an excuse, Virgin, Lotus, STR and RBR in years ago are small team as well.

Sooner or later we will see some pole sitter and front running collide with an HRT or very slow backmarkers.....who failed to get the F out of the way and causing the front runners a championship.
I'd be interested to see their operating budget relative to other teams. I'm sure RBR spends more on one car than HRT on their whole team.
__________________
"It will not have enough power until I can spin the wheels at the end of a long straight in top gear."
-Mark Donohue
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #252
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arggg45 View Post
I'd be interested to see their operating budget relative to other teams. I'm sure RBR spends more on one car than HRT on their whole team.
Now of course...RBR has grown....I mean back in the days....you can see their improvement year by year...and hiring the right people....
HRT...they are the same position as last year.....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #253
arggg45
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
3
Rep
245
Posts

 
Drives: fairly quickly.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: finding the end of the road

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Now of course...RBR has grown....I mean back in the days....you can see their improvement year by year...and hiring the right people....
HRT...they are the same position as last year.....
I just meant for curiosity's sake, not for an actual comparison.

Mercedes is just on the pillar of being part of the Ferrari, McLaren, RedBull club...it'll be an interesting time in their development once they get back to Europe.
__________________
"It will not have enough power until I can spin the wheels at the end of a long straight in top gear."
-Mark Donohue
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #254
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/0...y-from-canada/
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #255
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
.
Attached Images
                                       
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #256
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
dcgolfdr's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,026
Posts

 
Drives: M3 and a truck
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (11)

Seb spun out right in front of our grandstand, everyone was cheering when he spun. Now just have to decide on Montreal next year or the oven at Austin.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #257
dfv2
Lieutenant
dfv2's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
474
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 CTS-V
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
Seb spun out right in front of our grandstand, everyone was cheering when he spun. Now just have to decide on Montreal next year or the oven at Austin.
I was in the crowd beside that grandstand (general admission) but left when the rain was coming down, I should have stayed!!

We're also deciding between Austin and Montreal for 2012... both?!
__________________
//ecg//
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #258
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
143
Rep
4,765
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfv2 View Post
I was in the crowd beside that grandstand (general admission) but left when the rain was coming down, I should have stayed!!

We're also deciding between Austin and Montreal for 2012... both?!
BOTH
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #259
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
dcgolfdr's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,026
Posts

 
Drives: M3 and a truck
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfv2 View Post
I was in the crowd beside that grandstand (general admission) but left when the rain was coming down, I should have stayed!!

We're also deciding between Austin and Montreal for 2012... both?!
That area where you were standing turned out to be a lake, you should have stayed, there were enough trees around to help with the rain. We brought large sheets of plastic and made a tent in the stands and sat under a drank beers. I love how you can bring whatever you want into the track. another reason I will stay with Montreal.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #260
sq86
Lieutenant
sq86's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
422
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
This was my first F1 race!! I am so glad I decided to go. It was really interesting to see how Button kept catching everyone once he had the drys on. I think Schumacher was just in an underdeveloped car compared to Webber and Button. If he had a McLaren or Red Bull he would have pulled away. Overall, great race. Now for next year I'll just have to see if I can swing both Austin and Montreal.
__________________


'13 328i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #261
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Button's eyes inside that helmet are enthralled. I couldn't help myself.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #262
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
10,077
Posts

 
Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

^lmao
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #263
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #264
KANdaddy
Lieutenant Colonel
KANdaddy's Avatar
44
Rep
1,709
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (4)

What an insane race!! Each one this season just keeps getting better! Glad to see that SV is human. I want the WDC to go down to the wire JB was on a mission!! What a drive! Wish MSC could have made the podium. Hopefully this will motivate him and the team to be more competitive.

And to the person that said SV acted like a b!tch, Not sure where you get that at all. Sounds like you're just a SV hater. He congratulated JB and was gracious, admitting he made a mistake and the JB drove a great race. Sure, there was frustration and disappointment in his expression but you try leading a GP for hours on end in super difficult driving conditions and then letting it slip away after one mistake. I think you'd look a bit bummed as well. Thought he handled it with class and graciousness.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST