E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > HPF 135i/335i Oil Catch tank

06-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #67
tibra1
Banned

Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
I think all this PCV paranoia started when Shiv "suggested" the OCC is causing misfires. I run a BSH OCC, and others have run the purported inferior RR OCC without misfires or any other issues
tibra1 is offline   No_Country
      06-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #68
tibra1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesuperboi View Post
Does this actually work?

It seems to me that the past complaints about the oil catch cans is that they are too close to the hot parts of the engine, and therefore the blow-by does not get cooled and condense in the catch can. Your placement is right next to the hottest part of the engine bay; near the turbos.
I have the BSH which fits in the same exact location and after 500 miles it has begun to catch oil..

this looks to have better fittings but $500..no way..u can get the BSH for $200.
      06-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #69
kanecvl
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy562 View Post
Just so that I'm clear on this....this is roughly half the price of your intercooler? You can't be serious.
little more than half by a couple hundred
      06-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #70
DefactoM6
Sees the world the way it could be

Drives: '88 M6, '02 Z8, '09 E92 335i

HPFail.
      06-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #71
possible335i2008
Captain

Drives: 335i

I hate to say this but this community brings this pricing on itself, look @ how much we pay for "quality downpipes" 800 for two pipes, yet that's ok because its established that being raped over two small pipes is ok, seriously if HPF had moved with their original time line and had better status with this.forum more people would have defended this product. While I think its insane with the pricing at least they were slightly innovative with the connections and lines, but because we have members on here that use the "well you drive a BMW" mentality and allow people to increase the price on things they sell to us for more versus other communities, but I bet even with this banter HPF still sells a lot of these and we continue to support vendors despite price gouging so we deserve the 500$ catch can.
      06-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #72
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: '14 F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
I hate to say this but this community brings this pricing on itself, look @ how much we pay for "quality downpipes" 800 for two pipes, yet that's ok because its established that being raped over two small pipes is ok, seriously if HPF had moved with their original time line and had better status with this.forum more people would have defended this product. While I think its insane with the pricing at least they were slightly innovative with the connections and lines, but because we have members on here that use the "well you drive a BMW" mentality and allow people to increase the price on things they sell to us for more versus other communities, but I bet even with this banter HPF still sells a lot of these and we continue to support vendors despite price gouging so we deserve the 500$ catch can.
Owning a car with prestige brand statues commands prestige brand aftermarket pricing. Its like this in every arena of luxury goods market whether its leathers, cars, or food.

You do not need to spend 800 dollars on DP's to get nice pieces. The AA DP's at GB rates are not unreasonable.

Still, this does not justify the pricing of this product that is considerably higher than any comparable alternative product.

I believe the price will be adjusted and re-announced. $399.00, $350.00.. who knows HPF is always on the expensive side but 500 dollars is retarded.

I find it amusing that they have not defended or commented one time after posting this.
///M3THOD is offline   United_States
      06-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #73
tibra1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
I hate to say this but this community brings this pricing on itself, look @ how much we pay for "quality downpipes" 800 for two pipes, yet that's ok because its established that being raped over two small pipes is ok.
Apples and bowling balls..when u compare the DPs vs the OCC for this car..there are ZERO fitment issues w the exisiting OCCs on the market (AR..BSH) n their quality is excellent..u cant say that about the various DP manufacturers...this is a fact.
      06-19-2011, 07:06 PM   #74
stealth-twntrbo
Lieutenant

Drives: F30 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
I discovered one more engineering failure about this "exclusive & high tech" OCC.

The outgoing hose from CV#2 is pointing upwards instead of pointing downwards. This will result in oil dripping back to the crankcase.
Trust me, I've tried it...

The stock PCV is designed for having a natural flow through the whole system and that is definitely something you should have in mind when you're designing a OCC.
The OCC it self should also be placed at the lowest spot in the system, just to keep the natural flow working 100%.

PLUS 1000

PM ME ABOUT BMW 6YR/100K MAINTENANCE UPGRADE AT COST!
stealth-twntrbo is offline   United_States
      06-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #75
onefastman
Major General

Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

I dont think they will ever sell any of these or make another product for this car ever again, nor should with their track record (fmic excluded)
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
      06-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #76
AYF80
Captain

Drives: 2015 AY F80

I sure hope they do...
      06-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #77
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
I dont know why everyone keeps trying to justify defend or oppose prices. You cant fight city hall!

If they dont sell any, they will move their price or discontinue the product.
Jeff@TopGearSolutions is offline   United_States
      06-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #78
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
lol @ price
Tiago@VRSF is offline   United_States
      06-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #79
HPF David

Drives: TBA

I apologize about the long delay on the response to this thread. We have been working on collecting all of the data that everyone is enquiring about and have shot video's as well. We will have this posted in the next day or so. In the video we will go over the pressure testing we have done, showing you the pressure test results, along with the installation of this OCC. Due to the high cost on the parts we are using on this OCC. We have been working on replacing some of the higher cost parts that we use on the OCC to offer a lower priced OCC option for you guys to chose from.

I appreciate everyone in this community for expressing your frustrations and your opinions. This information helps me gather what we need in order to offer this community the product and pricing that you guys would like to see. I hope that you guys will allow me to work with all of you to meet the needs you are after and to offer this community what they are needing for performance.

Your feedback is very important to myself and everyone at HPF. Feel free to email me anytime for any questions or suggestions you guys may have so that we can better serve this community.

david@horsepowerfreaks.com

Thank you!
      06-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #80
Big Tom
Banned

Drives: 335i n54 e92 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF David View Post
I apologize about the long delay on the response to this thread. We have been working on collecting all of the data that everyone is enquiring about and have shot video's as well. We will have this posted in the next day or so. In the video we will go over the pressure testing we have done, showing you the pressure test results, along with the installation of this OCC. Due to the high cost on the parts we are using on this OCC. We have been working on replacing some of the higher cost parts that we use on the OCC to offer a lower priced OCC option for you guys to chose from.

I appreciate everyone in this community for expressing your frustrations and your opinions. This information helps me gather what we need in order to offer this community the product and pricing that you guys would like to see. I hope that you guys will allow me to work with all of you to meet the needs you are after and to offer this community what they are needing for performance.

Your feedback is very important to myself and everyone at HPF. Feel free to email me anytime for any questions or suggestions you guys may have so that we can better serve this community.

david@horsepowerfreaks.com

Thank you!
Back to the drawing board.

It's kind of sad to see that a well-known tuning company will need assistance from their customers on how an OCC should be designed...

Last edited by Big Tom; 06-22-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Big Tom is offline   Sweden
      06-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #81
dzenno
Banned

Drives:

David thanks for your response and I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing details behind your crankcase ventilation/pressures/restriction testing and OCC impact on it..have to warn you though this community has a pretty good grasp in what we'd like to see (see the PCV saga thread) and i hope you can use the info already gathered to bring us a superior OCC on the market which addresses all of the concerns expressed there...
dzenno is offline   Canada
      06-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #82
Elie335
ايلي ٣٣٥ هاهاها

Drives: Vorsteiner e92

Quote:

It's kind of sad to see that a well-known tuning company will need assistance from their customers on how an OCC should be designed...
bad boy
      06-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #83
Irishace
ElevenPointFive

Drives: E92 M3

This thread is pretty disappointing in that HPF is focusing on items that don't even represent what their brand is all about. Perhaps they are one hit BMW wonders with the E46? I hope I am wrong.
      06-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #84
HPF David

Drives: TBA

Quote:

Not speaking in terms of the OCC. I was simply stating for future parts that we will be building for the N54 community and what the community would like to see us build. I get a lot of request from a lot of bimmer enthusiast that I speak with and a lot of them have a lot of good ideas on the parts they would like to see developed next. I gather this information to make sure we meet the demands for those parts.
      06-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #85
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General

Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF David View Post
Not speaking in terms of the OCC. I was simply stating for future parts that we will be building for the N54 community and what the community would like to see us build. I get a lot of request from a lot of bimmer enthusiast that I speak with and a lot of them have a lot of good ideas on the parts they would like to see developed next. I gather this information to make sure we meet the demands for those parts.
Hey David, the N54 community is excited to have HPF developing parts for the 335/135. I know your single turbo is in the works, however it would be cool to also have a twin upgrade option for those that want to maintain stock plumbing, etc. They have several twin upgrades that make over 500whp with meth + race gas, so can you speak with your engineers and report back if upgraded twins can also be an option to maintain that boatload of torque the N54 makes down low? Thanks

2008 E90 335
      06-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #86
taylors335
Major

Drives: Space Grey 08 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [3.50]
Quote:

+1
taylors335 is offline   United_States
      06-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #87
bimmerboy
Captain

Drives: 135i

honestly forget about the OCC and stick to the turbo kit, its what you guys are best at!
      06-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #88
AhmEd_B_Stylin
Banned

Drives: BMW 335i

I'll buy it !

Notttttttttttttttttt