E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Wtb meth kit and meth questions

07-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Maniac0908
Lieutenant

Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan

Wtb meth kit and meth questions

So i want to buy a meth kit that will work with my jb4. Im guessing it has to be bms? Or can i use a cheaper one? Ill only be using meth like once a month. Let me know if you have one.

I also have some questions. My cp doesnt have bungs. Is there a diy somewhere for adding them? I also have a tial bov. I hear thats not good because it can cause a fire.

I saw a picture on here of someone injecting into the intake. Where is the beat place to inject? Cp? Ic? Intake?

Are there any engine related risks with meth? Like my engine blowing up.
      07-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Maniac0908
Lieutenant

Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan

Bump
Maniac0908 is offline   United_States
      07-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
Ingeniator
Captain

Drives: 07 335XI(90) 09 135I(82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
So i want to buy a meth kit that will work with my jb4. Im guessing it has to be bms? Or can i use a cheaper one? Ill only be using meth like once a month. Let me know if you have one.

I also have some questions. My cp doesnt have bungs. Is there a diy somewhere for adding them? I also have a tial bov. I hear thats not good because it can cause a fire.

I saw a picture on here of someone injecting into the intake. Where is the beat place to inject? Cp? Ic? Intake?

You really don't want to cheap out on meth. From what I've heard the bms kit has good value. The main things are a high quality pump and a good fail safe.
2) Install Cobb/piggyback? and JRZ suspension. 3) Build parrallel HPFP and highflow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and meth. 4) Build full cage and staged twin setup with turbochargers. HTA3076R (tial.82 or Garret divided 1.01)/ HTA4205R (tial 1.16)
Ingeniator is offline   Canada
      07-31-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
CHECKERED
Racing is life, everything else is just waiting.

Drives: 335i E92, 05 Audi S4

Garage List
2005 Audi S4  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
not a good idea, the BMS meth kit comes with the FSB controller that you need to run meth with JB4 anyway, so you won’t be able to save much buying parts elsewhere
Quote:
this is not a DIY, get a meth elbow or sell your charge pipe, and buy a different one with bungs, upgrade cost should only be about $50-100, depending on how much you sell your old CP and which one you get new.
Quote:
I also have a tial bov. I hear that’s not good because it can cause a fire.
can happen if you use the WW reservoir instead of in trunk (WW fluid gets hot and if you are using more than 50% alcohol content it can flash, this is however very unlikely.
Quote:
do NOT inject into intake, CP is the best location, if you want to go fancy you can have two bungs one post IC and one in the CP.
Quote:
yes, setting the boost additive too high while not running enough octane, not using proper nozzle and proper pump (160psi minimum).
These are all very unlikely with the proper failsafes provided with the BMS kits.
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: JB4 G5 ISO27.13 w/BMS Flash, quaife LSD, BMS Meth, AA sport IC, BMS Charge Pipe, BMS OCC, Euro Light Switch, M-Sport Kit; 12.1@117mph (100 octane, stock intake stock exhaust, 225ís RFT)

Last edited by CHECKERED; 07-31-2014 at 09:47 PM.
CHECKERED is offline   United_States