E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > First Oil Change

06-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #23
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!

Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
Every 5,000 miles works for me..........1/2 hour job on a nice Saturday.
Using premium synthetics this is probably where I'll settle in oil change wise. Will most likely be right around every six months for me @ 5K miles.

Oh and First oil change was at 250 miles... Just have to get that shitty full of metal oil outta the engine. Maybe just an old habit but I felt better doing it, and I got to know my car.

'13 TiAg over Coral, 335is | DCT | Prem | L7 | Nav/Idrive | CA | 19" "-------"

A BMW is Just a Car, it doesn't make you smart, handsome, cool, or wealthy. Get over it.
Revlis is offline   United_States
      06-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #24
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!

Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I think my SA gave me good advice on this one....

Lease? 15k, it's not your car, do you upgrade an apt. you're renting? Of course not. Let me redo the kitchen on the apt. I'm renting, not.

Own? Now it depends on if you're keeping it long. If not, like 3 years, 15k. UNLESS you think you're going to sell it privately and the buyer is going to want to see interval changes and proof thereof.

Own and keep forever? 1200-1500 break-in, every 7,500, taking the 15k for free. Also, he said absolutely no problem if you DIY, it's not rocket science changing the oil.

Sounds like pretty shitty advice really. What about take proper care of the machinery because it's the right thing to do? Treat it with respect, NOT because it's a BMW, but because it's a quality machine and SHOULD be taken care of...

'13 TiAg over Coral, 335is | DCT | Prem | L7 | Nav/Idrive | CA | 19" "-------"

A BMW is Just a Car, it doesn't make you smart, handsome, cool, or wealthy. Get over it.
Revlis is offline   United_States
      06-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #25
montreal_bimmer
Major General

Drives: E90 AW

Garage List
2006 325i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
Since you're a fellow NYer, I will give you a little advice. Use the feature and most of your questions can be answered.
montreal_bimmer is offline   Italy