E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > 335i Free BOV DIY

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
  335i Free BOV DIY
Red Star Rising
04-06-2007
Since Active Autowerke insists that their BOV is worth $750, I think this little DIY is great. Not extremely loud. But noticible, and nice. Member JOEVISTA clued me in on exactly how to do it. Thanks!
By LBCC562 on 07-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
When you are removing the dv hose from the intake nipple, do you twist? how is it done? The gray thing isnt moving and I think I broke it...
You twist the grey part in the opposite direction or whichever way it makes the middle nipple pop out and the DV hose will just pull right out, might have to put some force in it when you're pulling.

When I did it i couldn't get the rear grey part to twist, so because I can, I twisted the whole damn hose until the grey nipple popped out and then was able to pull the hose off and then twisted the grey part with more free room.

You can do what I did at your own risk, I am not responsible if you break your hose.
By E90Company on 07-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Member reviews
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCC562 View Post
You twist the grey part in the opposite direction or whichever way it makes the middle nipple pop out and the DV hose will just pull right out, might have to put some force in it when you're pulling.

When I did it i couldn't get the rear grey part to twist, so because I can, I twisted the whole damn hose until the grey nipple popped out and then was able to pull the hose off and then twisted the grey part with more free room.

You can do what I did at your own risk, I am not responsible if you break your hose.
The only thing I am worried about is busting the nipple it connects to. Did you snap the plastic off when you twisted yours? I dont care if the hose breaks, I care more if the intake nipple breaks...
By LBCC562 on 07-12-2012, 12:56 AM
Member reviews
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
The only thing I am worried about is busting the nipple it connects to. Did you snap the plastic off when you twisted yours? I dont care if the hose breaks, I care more if the intake nipple breaks...
I did not snap or break anything. I suggest you to warm up your car first if your car wasn't warmed up in the first place. Cold engine bay = cold parts = less malleable.

For me what I did was after pulling the front DV hose off I looked at how the grey part functioned, and seeing how it's only a small dimpled clip, I just twisted the ENTIRE pipe(not the grey clip) until the grey nipple popped and just yanked the hose off.

And again, i am not responsible for any damages if you proceed with my recommendations.
By EuroE92 on 07-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Member reviews
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
20%20%20%
Average 20%
I did this today.

However, like a few other people I couldn't get the back plug undone. I put a ton of pressure and still wouldn't budge. With both cower on and off. I stopped after a while because I feared breaking it.

Is there any harm that can happen from just being on one?

Please comment and let me know
By kpjo4 on 09-09-2012, 01:21 AM
When car is not in boost, how come there is still air pressure coming out of these diverter valve lines that are supposed to vent into the atmosphere? I figured only air would come out during boost and when the throttle plate closes.
By nnguyen04 on 10-02-2012, 12:29 PM
lollol just did this mod. nice! so easy! all you do is twist the two outer tabs so the inner tab moves to the opposite end and pull. dk why you guys are having a hard time. you can also remove the wiring assemble on top for more clearance.
By byoung8 on 11-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Just to be clear, only the tube connected to the intake side to be removed? Sounds easy enough. Could the entire tube be removed so its not just hanging around or is that impossible? Just want to make sure im not forgetting to unplug a tube when I try this out and hear the results. I want to see what im working with before heading out to home depot and buying the pipe caps (3/4") and 2 of them, right?
By dreweezy on 11-23-2012, 08:56 PM
everyone is bagging one everyone, haha
Comment