E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Upgrading Canadian 323i to Euro 325i



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #155
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
27
Rep
1,647
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
I am very curious.
Does the 2006 E90 323i have the same intake manifold (the 3 stage) as that of the 2006 E90 330i?
Thank You
at the very least, the Candian 2006 323i does have the same 3-stage intake manifold as the European Spec 325i. 2007/2008 do also.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #156
Saintor
Colonel
Saintor's Avatar
31
Rep
2,392
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MTL, Canada

iTrader: (1)

I am pissed off that my 200HP car doesn't feel as good as my 184HP did (E46) with a similar weight.... so I am ready to take the plunge... with Upsolute they claim +10% and can be done on the car via OBD2. Their site says even higher.

http://www.upsolute.com/index.php?op...id_model=13295

Any way to check the software version via the menu?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 01:10 PM   #157
Marsch52
Type A - BMW Concours Judge
Marsch52's Avatar
Canada
4
Rep
143
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (1)

Ditto, 200hp and my E46 felt better and faster. It would be great if someone had this flash via a module like the SHARK, so you can go back to original or reflash it yourself if the dealer happened to overwrite it.

Count me in if it looks like a good deal.
__________________
2010 328i xDrive, Jet Black, K&N filter, Euro headlight switch, Alarm/door lock beep kit, BMS, slotted rotors with ceramic pads, etc
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #158
Slke46
Captain
10
Rep
953
Posts

 
Drives: E90 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto Canada

iTrader: (4)

I'm in too, just wish they had some proof of their proclaim. I want the car to feel like I hit the 3k power band throughout the range.
__________________
01 540I - M-sport Premium Package ~ 19' HP Evo Staggerrred ~
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #159
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
27
Rep
1,647
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
I am pissed off that my 200HP car doesn't feel as good as my 184HP did (E46) with a similar weight.... so I am ready to take the plunge... with Upsolute they claim +10% and can be done on the car via OBD2. Their site says even higher.

http://www.upsolute.com/index.php?op...id_model=13295

Any way to check the software version via the menu?
cool... you should try it. I have no idea as to how good their testing/quality control is though.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 02:23 PM   #160
nicknaz
Brigadier General
United_States
52
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 Z4 35i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Diego CA

iTrader: (0)

Guys, it is possible the smoothness or different driving position of your new car is messing with your perceptions of how fast it is.

Don't mess with the factory tune unless the tuner lives local and you know that you are 100% able to go back to stock.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #161
voltron1011
Colonel
voltron1011's Avatar
44
Rep
2,912
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 135i, FJR-1300
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wiesbaden

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Nazareno View Post
Guys, it is possible the smoothness or different driving position of your new car is messing with your perceptions of how fast it is.

Don't mess with the factory tune unless the tuner lives local and you know that you are 100% able to go back to stock.
Totally agree with both of your points... The N52 motors have don't have the power-band 'kick' that E46 owners are used to... Even though the e90's are a bit faster than their E46 brothers.
__________________
'06 E90 325i (Delivered May '05) 6-spd manual, Nav, Xenons, 18' 162's, sport-suspension, 15mm RE spacers,
NURBURGRING:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3270
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #162
clairvoyant
Major
clairvoyant's Avatar
No_Country
17
Rep
1,033
Posts

 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Lightbulb 323i -> 330i

Installed the Supersprint headers and the cats, no Check Engine Light errors (a home made O2 sensor simulator).
Tested last night 0-100 km/h in 6.3 seconds. Yes, sir E90 323i 0-100 km/h in 6.3 seconds.
It's definitely more responsive and climb quicker from low RPMs to high RPMs.
It sounds as quiet as OEM but deadly.

I'll dyno as soon as spring arrives. I don't want to wear out my winter rubbers on a dynometer so I will wait until I put my all season tires.

Total cost $ 2381 CDN (parts, shipping, reserved a shop and borrowed tools, and Canadian customs & GST on shipping and parts).
I did my own welding on catalytic converters and there was a very little space to work on the headers. So it cost some bruises, scrapes, and "%^&!!#@@@%^ moth3rfu&^&" language


Before I wave "the Mission Accomplished" banner, I will wait 500 km to
see in case something is going on.
However, a small minor complaint:an engine back fire. What's the best
muffler put there to eliminate that engine back fire?
Something as quiet as OEM....

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #163
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
27
Rep
1,647
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
Installed the Supersprint headers and the cats, no Check Engine Light errors (a home made O2 sensor simulator).
Tested last night 0-100 km/h in 6.3 seconds. Yes, sir E90 323i 0-100 km/h in 6.3 seconds.
It's definitely more responsive and climb quicker from low RPMs to high RPMs.
It sounds as quiet as OEM but deadly.

I'll dyno as soon as spring arrives. I don't want to wear out my winter rubbers on a dynometer so I will wait until I put my all season tires.

Total cost $ 2381 CDN (parts, shipping, reserved a shop and borrowed tools, and Canadian customs & GST on shipping and parts).
I did my own welding on catalytic converters and there was a very little space to work on the headers. So it cost some bruises, scrapes, and "%^&!!#@@@%^ moth3rfu&^&" language


Before I wave "the Mission Accomplished" banner, I will wait 500 km to
see in case something is going on.
However, a small minor complaint:an engine back fire. What's the best
muffler put there to eliminate that engine back fire?
Something as quiet as OEM....

Thanks for your help.
Dude, I freakin' told you that this was the way to go to get the extra jam all the way through the rev band.

Congrats on the extra power.

Any pics of the headers?

Last edited by epiphone3; 02-25-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #164
BudVlad
Old Geezer
BudVlad's Avatar
Czech_Republic
47
Rep
1,002
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 N53B30
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budweis

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
As some of you may have seen on the General forum, I have been in a quest to see if it is possible to upgrade my Canadian 174hp 2.5 liter 2006 E90 323i to the 218hp Euro-spec 325i level.
I depends what year the 325i is. Since September 2007 the European 325i is using N53B30U0 (6100 RPM) engine. European 330i is using same N53B30O0 (6700 RMP) engine - 3 liter High Precision Injection (direct injection). 330i has 3 stage intake manifold, 325i doesn’t.
Direct injection is not intended for NA due to the high sulphur content in the NA gasoline.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #165
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
36
Rep
3,398
Posts

 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (4)

I have a question for clairvoyant. About the dyno you have on page 4. It appears to have been lifted from this article in eurotuner:

http://eurotuner.automotive.com/1877...25i/index.html

Just scroll down to where the images are, and click the right arrow to show the last pictures and there is a dyno chart there.

here is your dyno:


and here is the one from the eurotuner article:



Yours is the euro tuner one with the extra descriptions photo-shopped out. I remember reading this article before I even bought my car, and then when I saw your dyno, I thought it looked very familiar. I was right.

Why would you fake a dyno chart? Can you explain yourself?







.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #166
clairvoyant
Major
clairvoyant's Avatar
No_Country
17
Rep
1,033
Posts

 
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 4519′20″N, 7550′0″W

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 335i  [2.62]
Lightbulb

It appears to be but I ran the dyno from these guys:
http://www.technika-ind.com/dynamo.htm

Their templates are the same and their formats are the same. To prove otherwise; I will do another dyno run sometime this Spring as soon as I switch to all seasons and when humidity is low. I don't want to burn rubbers on my winter tires.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #167
Excellence
G-STAR
Excellence's Avatar
65
Rep
1,899
Posts

 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
It appears to be but I ran the dyno from these guys:
http://www.technika-ind.com/dynamo.htm

Their templates are the same and their formats are the same. To prove otherwise; I will do another dyno run sometime this Spring as soon as I switch to all seasons and when humidity is low. I don't want to burn rubbers on my winter tires.
You just got owned.

You faked the DYNO!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=88

This is the real dyno!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #168
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
36
Rep
3,398
Posts

 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (4)

You can claim that, but it's blatantly obvious that you stole TMS's dyno sheet and claimed it as yours. Do you really expect people to believe your car has the exact same dyno curve, and dynoed the same exact horsepower, down to .001 as the TMS (us spec) 325i? By the way, YOU DIDN'T EVEN CHANGE THE NAME OF THE FILE!!

And then there is the part about:

Quote:
Other lines there were because they did a test run to get the proper grip on the tires. I was too cheap to run a separate dyno chart, therefore those lines overlapped.
Dynapack dynos have a shaft that bolts directly to the wheel hub. There is not issue with traction from the tires, because the tires aren't even on the car when they are doing the run! Furthermore, even on other chassis dynos, there aren't traction issues unless you car is making like 400+hp.


I have no idea why you felt the need to fake the dyno, it would have been better to just wait, than to spread misinformation. I actually have a 330i 3 stage intake manifold I am planning on swapping on my usdm 325i, and your post was giving me some confidence about this mod, but then I saw the "dyno" and it all went out the window.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #169
w00kiec00kie
Private First Class
1
Rep
132
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 328i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (2)

this is legendary.
lol
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 03:23 AM   #170
dcg71
Captain
Australia
12
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i Sport BSM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (2)

lol.. just read the entire thread only to find out it's total bull****
how dissapointing
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 11:46 AM   #171
GregL
Brigadier General
GregL's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,623
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 C350 4Matic
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GTA

iTrader: (4)

__________________
2010 Mercedes-Benz C350 4Matic
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #172
SharpPointyStick
Second Lieutenant
Canada
14
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Alpine White 323i (E90)
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver BC

iTrader: (2)

lol, read the whole think also...so I take it that this wouldnt be a good buy?

http://www.firebladeautomotive.com/s...mart&Itemid=26
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #173
GregL
Brigadier General
GregL's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
3,623
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 C350 4Matic
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: GTA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
lol, read the whole think also...so I take it that this wouldnt be a good buy?

http://www.firebladeautomotive.com/s...mart&Itemid=26
I hope their tuning ability is better than their grammar:

"The engine performance kits of G-POWER contain a thoroughly to BMW engines adjusted engine management (motronic optimization), a sport air filter and a G-POWER stainless-steel sport exhaust."

"since meanwhile too many suspect suppliers (especially also in the internet) are offering services bearing dangers for engine and moneybag!"
Sweet...reducing risk on my moneybag

"We know exactly what we are doing and how it will only effect positively; besides the harmonic performance development, e.g. especially also the lifetime of the basic engine! We do not make any experiments!"

Wait a minute...why do I get the feeling this was run through a translator...
__________________
2010 Mercedes-Benz C350 4Matic
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2009, 09:11 PM   #174
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
36
Rep
3,398
Posts

 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg71 View Post
lol.. just read the entire thread only to find out it's total bull****
how dissapointing
tell me about it. I was just surprised no one else had figured it out.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST