E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Debt Limit

07-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #23
11Series
Rep

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
You're just not worth fighting, I'm sure that is the only time he has ever talked about our troops.

If you have or knew a loved one over there you would understand, but you don't. Just like you don't understand of a lot of things that people support, you support what is close to you. And welfare and Obama-care are not close to people that are working for there living.

Done fighting with you about this. You can reply, with whatever smart-ass comment you want, but the truth is you don't understand, you might be able to read about it, and twist it in whatever way makes you feel good, but you don't understand.

I'm glad you've decided to walk away in shame because you've googled in vain and realized that you were 100% completely wrong, and that you've just been caught being a liar. That is typical here when right-wingers don't have the courage to admit they were wrong.

Obama never said all the troops would be out in 12 months. You lied. Now good-bye.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #24
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Drives: E90 335i

He said, first thing.

that means. First thing. Right? Or no..

Oh wait, only some troops..

Just incase you cant grasp your bullshit

Troop (trp)
n.
1. A group or company of people, animals, or things.

Last edited by E90SoFlo; 07-01-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #25
11Series
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Oh it's those pesky facts he uses against you, huh? Do you not have a lie that you can use as a reply?
Man, it's like you laid down prophesy or something! You totally called this one!

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #26
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

no reply?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #27
11Series
Rep

Quote:

You seriously don't even know what you are talking about.

He did exactly what he promised. He started the process of withdrawing troops the minute he was sworn in. Exactly like he said in this video. A month later, after working out the details with the commanders on the ground, he confirmed EXACTLY what he said on the campaign trail, which was a 16 month withdraw of COMBAT TROOPS.

Here his Obama's EXACT words, from his campaign website:

"Barack Obama will work with military commanders on the ground in Iraq and in consultation with the Iraqi government to end the war safely and responsibly within 16 months."

On 02/27/09 Obama said: "Let me say this as plainly as I can: By August 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end".

On August 19, 2010, "Operation Iraqi Freedom ends as last combat soldiers leave Baghdad"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081805644.html

I posted above how he announced at the end of Feb. 2009 (his second month in office) that all the combat troops would be out in 16 months, by August 2010. He did exactly that, on August 19th, 2010. Obama Got-R-Did, just like he got Bin Laden.

If you think this 15 second clip is the exhaustive be-all and end-all of his policy, and that it meant that ALL the troops would be out the day he took office, you are just being silly. He repeatedly stated that he would be "as cautious getting out as we were reckless getting in".

It's like you're attention span is exceeded after 15 seconds, so you never fully understand the actual policy.

I thought you left?

Last edited by 11Series; 07-01-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #28
11Series
Rep

Quote:
no reply?
Are you seriously trying to call me out after 6 minutes?

Do you have a 6 minute attention span?

Tiny attention span, tiny ....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #29
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Are you seriously trying to call me out after 6 minutes?

Do you have a 6 minute attention span?

Tiny attention span, tiny ....
Im saying your twisting of words is bullshit.

How about a president that actually tells the people whats going to happen, bring our troops home? That means ALL OF THEM.

You and I know this, if you think otherwise your are (as i said in my first post) ignorant.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #30
11Series
Rep

Quote:
Im saying your twisting of words is bullshit.

How about a president that actually tells the people whats going to happen, bring our troops home? That means ALL OF THEM.

You and I know this, if you think otherwise your are (as i said in my first post) ignorant.

I've already given you everything. You clearly aren't able to accept the truth, and instead rely upon a mis-interpretation of a 15 second clip.

You seriously don't even know what you are talking about.

He did exactly what he promised. He started the process of withdrawing troops the minute he was sworn in. Exactly like he said in this video. A month later, after working out the details with the commanders on the ground, he confirmed EXACTLY what he said on the campaign trail, which was a 16 month withdraw of COMBAT TROOPS.

Here his Obama's EXACT words, from his campaign website:

"Barack Obama will work with military commanders on the ground in Iraq and in consultation with the Iraqi government to end the war safely and responsibly within 16 months."

On 02/27/09 Obama said: "Let me say this as plainly as I can: By August 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end".

On August 19, 2010, "Operation Iraqi Freedom ends as last combat soldiers leave Baghdad"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081805644.html

I posted above how he announced at the end of Feb. 2009 (his second month in office) that all the combat troops would be out in 16 months, by August 2010. He did exactly that, on August 19th, 2010. Obama Got-R-Did, just like he got Bin Laden.

If you think this 15 second clip is the exhaustive be-all and end-all of his policy, and that it meant that ALL the troops would be out the day he took office, you are just being silly. He repeatedly stated that he would be "as cautious getting out as we were reckless getting in".

It's like you're attention span is exceeded after 15 seconds, so you never fully understand the actual policy.

I thought you left?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #31
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Ok well please go tell that to the family's waiting for there dads to come back home after being promised that its his FIRST THING he will do is to BRING OUR TROOPS HOME.

(Oh wait, only some, hahaha got you guys, I know you want your dad home and I know I promised, but you know, I was just kidding.)

Mis interpreted? You're a clown, just like the democratic party.

Stop twisting your words and maybe you can earn some respect.

This 15 second clip summarized Obama and his BULLSHIT perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #32
11Series
Rep

Quote:
Ok well please go tell that to the family's waiting for there dads to come back home after being promised that its his FIRST THING he will do is to BRING OUR TROOPS HOME.

(Oh wait, only some, hahaha got you guys, I know you want your dad home and I know I promised, but you know, I was just kidding.)

Yawn. You still back your claim that Obama said all the troops would be out in 12 months. Not even your video said that.

So you resort to name calling. Soooooo easy to predict.

AGAIN, where did Obama EVER say that ALL the troops would be back in 12 months?

Keep squirming and name-calling while you fail YET again to back up your lies. Keep it coming.

Last edited by 11Series; 07-01-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #33
11Series
Rep

So why has this guy wasted two pages of space FAILING to back up his lie about Obama's Iraq policy?

Because he can't deal with the painful truths right here in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Bush didn't "pay" for the wars. Instead of raising revenues to pay for the wars, Bush did the opposite and cut taxes.

Bush charged up the wars on the Federal Credit Card, and left the bills for Obama to pay off.

Now the Republicans don't want to honor the Credit Card charges that they themselves charged up.

Federal Debt: 14 Trillion
Cost of Wars: 4 Trillion
Cost of Bush Tax cuts: 2.5 Trillion
-----------------------------------
Alternate Federal Debt: 7.5 Trillion (If we hadn't gone to war or had the Bush Tax Cuts.)
That's right, the Federal Debt could be HALF of what it currently is, without these two expenses!

Cost of Bush Tax Cuts if they are extended another Decade: 5.5 Trillion. I'm sure you have a ready-made excuse as to how this extra 5.5 Trillion in Debt directly due to Bush's tax cuts will be Obama's fault......

EDIT: Cost of the Tim Pawlenty Tax Cuts: 10.3 Trillion. I'm sure the right wing will figure a way to blame this additional 10.3 Trillion debt on Obama too...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #34
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E92 Coupe

Quote:

I'm not a fan of either party...but why is this being directed at Obama and not the Bush administration since he is the reason why we have our troops overseas to begin with? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but just trying to understand why Obama is being called a liar when he at least has made strides to bring troops home, while Bush clearly manipulated us into war, among many other things.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #35
Tortfeasor 335xi
Corporate Hack
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 335xi Coupe

Why is fighting for fiscal discipline wrong? That the republicans weren't always so fiscally disciplined does not change the fact that the country is deeply in debt and current expenditures will only contribute to the debt. Its high time we fix our fiscal ship, and I will keep voting incumbents out of office in both parties until it happens.

Pointing out that the Bush administration was not concerned about the debt ceiling is irrelevant. To say that we were spend thrifts in the past is just stating the obvious. That's why we are in debt. That Obama has continued these policies reflects badly on him. Just like Bush's policies reflected badly on Bush. But saying "Well they did it" is the response of a child getting caught breaking the rules. It does not further the debate.

Right now there are only two realistic ways to cut the deficit, raise taxes and cut spending. One of these methods potentially steals money from me, the other cuts the size of our useless federal government. I will vote for the Federal government shrinking every time.
Really Much Earlier Car: 1988 Mazda 626 TURBO
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 01:55 AM   #36
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: F10 520d SE

Some perspective from across the pond. Debt is a major issue across the whole of the developed world, not just in America. Here in Britain we also had a change in government and a change in language being used about debt. Labour were the government up to 2010, they ran a budget deficit for most of the 2000s as the electorate demanded better schools and hospitals. Our current Prime Minister David Cameron became leader of the Conservatives in 2005 and pledged to match every penny of Labour government spending if he was elected.

Then we had the crash, and my government like most others had to spend enormous amounts of cash keeping the banks open. We're now running a larger deficit, but our level of public debt remains comparatively low. Our new Conservative government appears to have forgotten the pledges it made on spending. It now claims that the Labour government overspent - the spending that Cameron had pledged to match - and that we're in too much debt despite still being in less debt than France, Germany, you guys, Japan etc etc.

What the Conservatives and the Republicans forget is that we are fiscally sovereign nations. We issue debts denominated in a currency we control and print. US and UK debt is still in high demand on low rates of interest on long term deals because our countries are stable and our currencies are safe. Despite warning by right-wing liars we cannot go bankrupt as the Greeks have because we print the currency that our debtors want paying in.
      07-02-2011, 03:36 PM   #37
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

C'mon, give the guy a break. Left and right can agree--Nobama has broken so many promises it's natural to assume he's lying when his lips start moving. And there are plenty of combat arms units still in country, the administration has just renamed them to lull the liberals back to sleep. Shhhhhh, war is OK if our guy is doing it!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #38
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
C'mon, give the guy a break. Left and right can agree--Nobama has broken so many promises it's natural to assume he's lying when his lips start moving. And there are plenty of combat arms units still in country, the administration has just renamed them to lull the liberals back to sleep. Shhhhhh, war is OK if our guy is doing it!
Still going with the namecalling and the bullshit rhetoric, huh? Why don't you try contributing something substantive in a mature fashion? No, we can't agree - don't speak for me. The only assumption of lying is in reading your posts.

Donal Rumsfeld & Dick Cheney: "The mission in Iraq will last 6 days, 6 weeks, certainly not 6 months." http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/D...ick_Cheney.htm

Did it ever occur to you that the troops would be home if all you Obama-haters didn't kill our govt by voting out all the democrats who were just elected into office?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #39
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Seems like you're complaining about the wrong person on the Afghan troop drawdown
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...9/#more-166178
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #40
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortfeasor 335xi View Post
Why is fighting for fiscal discipline wrong? That the republicans weren't always so fiscally disciplined does not change the fact that the country is deeply in debt and current expenditures will only contribute to the debt. Its high time we fix our fiscal ship, and I will keep voting incumbents out of office in both parties until it happens.

Pointing out that the Bush administration was not concerned about the debt ceiling is irrelevant. To say that we were spend thrifts in the past is just stating the obvious. That's why we are in debt. That Obama has continued these policies reflects badly on him. Just like Bush's policies reflected badly on Bush. But saying "Well they did it" is the response of a child getting caught breaking the rules. It does not further the debate.

Right now there are only two realistic ways to cut the deficit, raise taxes and cut spending. One of these methods potentially steals money from me, the other cuts the size of our useless federal government. I will vote for the Federal government shrinking every time.
Not saying that fighting for fiscal discipline is wrong, it is good to have fiscal responsibility. It's that the GOP didn't have the best track record for exercising fiscal responsibility for the 8 years they controlled the executive branch of the US. And in the past 2 years they have turned a new leaf in wanting to display themselves as now being fiscally responsible. I feel this is disingenuous. Why the sudden shift to wanting to save every dollar now? Where were they with this thinking when they dragged us into a war without having it funded?

Yes President Obama has continued a lot of the tax policies from the Bush presidency. It's not like the GOP has given him much choice. They have been steadfast on almost every piece of legislation, unless it continued the tax cuts put in place by the Bush presidency.

And no they aren't going to be stealing money from you. If you are making more than $250k a year, then maybe your tax rate might go up. That's not stealing, calling it stealing is a lie.
      07-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #41
Tortfeasor 335xi
Corporate Hack
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Not saying that fighting for fiscal discipline is wrong, it is good to have fiscal responsibility. It's that the GOP didn't have the best track record for exercising fiscal responsibility for the 8 years they controlled the executive branch of the US. And in the past 2 years they have turned a new leaf in wanting to display themselves as now being fiscally responsible. I feel this is disingenuous. Why the sudden shift to wanting to save every dollar now? Where were they with this thinking when they dragged us into a war without having it funded?
The sudden shift is because the Republicans got their asses kicked in elections as a result of their spend thrift ways. First they lost the legislature, then they lost the presidency. The Democrats were given a chance, and when they continued to spend money like drunken sailors, they lost the house and almost lost the senate. If they keep up the Keynsian nonsense they are going to lose the presidency as well. Just like the Republicans did. The "sudden" shift, as you call it, is a reaction to the voter revolt. The shift won them the house. Why would they stop using a strategy that seems to be winning? Especially when they know that if they go back to spending like Democrats, they will get kicked out of office, often by losing primary contests to Tea Party activist candidates.

Quote:
Yes President Obama has continued a lot of the tax policies from the Bush presidency. It's not like the GOP has given him much choice. They have been steadfast on almost every piece of legislation, unless it continued the tax cuts put in place by the Bush presidency.
Obama had 2 years with the democrats controlling the legislature. They had a larger percentage of the legislature than Bush did when the Republicans had their way with the government. Obama had plenty of time to fulfill a plethora of campaign promises. Instead he wasted it on bogus health care reform and Dodd-Frank. Obama's real problem was that he couldn't even rally enough Democrats to back his hackneyed policies. And that's pretty pathetic.

Quote:
And no they aren't going to be stealing money from you. If you are making more than $250k a year, then maybe your tax rate might go up. That's not stealing, calling it stealing is a lie.
You believe that do you? One of the tax "reforms" that has serious backing is taking away the mortgage tax deduction. That's a huge tax increase on anyone that lives in a house with a mortgage. Allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire is just the tip of the iceberg. And one thing that no one talks about here is that Bush cut EVERYONE'S taxes. Its just that Obama and the Democrats focus on the 4% peak tax bracket reduction, and not all the other bracket changes that happened cutting low and middle income taxes as well.

Here's a link to the wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economi...administration
Here's the pertinent quote: "the lowest income tax rate was lowered from 15% to 10%, the 27% rate went to 25%, the 30% rate went to 28%, the 35% rate went to 33%, and the top marginal tax rate went from 39.6% to 35%". So, yeah, not so much just raising taxes on the rich.
Really Much Earlier Car: 1988 Mazda 626 TURBO
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #42
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe
Rep

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
The sudden shift is because the Republicans got their asses kicked in elections as a result of their spend thrift ways. First they lost the legislature, then they lost the presidency. The Democrats were given a chance, and when they continued to spend money like drunken sailors, they lost the house and almost lost the senate. If they keep up the Keynsian nonsense they are going to lose the presidency as well. Just like the Republicans did. The "sudden" shift, as you call it, is a reaction to the voter revolt. The shift won them the house. Why would they stop using a strategy that seems to be winning? Especially when they know that if they go back to spending like Democrats, they will get kicked out of office, often by losing primary contests to Tea Party activist candidates.

Obama had 2 years with the democrats controlling the legislature. They had a larger percentage of the legislature than Bush did when the Republicans had their way with the government. Obama had plenty of time to fulfill a plethora of campaign promises. Instead he wasted it on bogus health care reform and Dodd-Frank. Obama's real problem was that he couldn't even rally enough Democrats to back his hackneyed policies. And that's pretty pathetic.

You believe that do you? One of the tax "reforms" that has serious backing is taking away the mortgage tax deduction. That's a huge tax increase on anyone that lives in a house with a mortgage. Allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire is just the tip of the iceberg. And one thing that no one talks about here is that Bush cut EVERYONE'S taxes. Its just that Obama and the Democrats focus on the 4% peak tax bracket reduction, and not all the other bracket changes that happened cutting low and middle income taxes as well.

Here's a link to the wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economi...administration
Here's the pertinent quote: "the lowest income tax rate was lowered from 15% to 10%, the 27% rate went to 25%, the 30% rate went to 28%, the 35% rate went to 33%, and the top marginal tax rate went from 39.6% to 35%". So, yeah, not so much just raising taxes on the rich.
Their "spend thrift way", are you kidding me? Look up the deficit they ran up between '00-08. Look at the surplus they gobbled up with their policies.
      07-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #43
11Series
Rep

There has also been record-breaking use of the fillibuster in the Senate, which has made even minor bills nearly impossible to pass.

But I'm sure you are going to explain to us how it is Obama's fault that the Republicans in the Senate have used the fillibuster more times since 2007 than ALL the previous Senates combined in the history of the United States!!

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #44
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

[quote=ScotchAndCigar;9943659]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Still going with the namecalling and the bullshit rhetoric, huh? Why don't you try contributing something substantive in a mature fashion? No, we can't agree - don't speak for me. The only assumption of lying is in reading your posts.

Donal Rumsfeld
Appreciate 0