E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Debt Limit

07-19-2011, 04:59 AM   #177
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Nope, he's a guy, and big into the stock market, which shocks me that he's complaining about anything with the market up 100% since Obama took office.

On an unrelated note, I was totally joking with my Harry Potter comment, but as it turns out, he indeed was off seeing the movie! (as was my 18-yr old).
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      07-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #178
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
I think Angelin is a girl, and she's rich (Angelin is rich), and drives an X5M, which is a seriously expensive ride, especially if she's 18 yrs old (unless that was an inside joke, but I think not).
no he is a high school baller who "works" the stock market and lives off his parents cars. typical eballer. no big deal
      07-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #179
mact3333
Captain

Drives: 11' Audi S4

OMG this thread is funny...as I stated before, just smart enough to be dangerous.......you can read the news a million times, it just means you will learn the propaganda even more so...do yourselves a favor and learn whats really going on...quit reading the main new outlets....dig for the truth...sit on that toilet and have an epiphany.

Obama is going to cut the deficit???...if you truly believe it, I will bet you 1000.00 right now it wont happen......we will put the money in escrow ok...ya see, I have history working for me...when deficits go down(which only a small number of presidents have done), it is only temporary...our ponzi economy has to have money expansion and debt or it will collapse...it is the exact definition of a ponzi scheme....why has the dollar collapsed by 98% since the Fed inception?...why does fractional banking still exist?...why was Bretton-Woods disposed of?...why isnt investment banking and actual banking not seperate?

When the fed's print more money, it is to buy worthless treasuries from the govt as IOU's...The Fed has expanded their balance sheet by 5T(not 2.5T) over past 3 yrs...they bought worthless CDS's and mortgage backed securities from banks at full price...they did this because this money was created out of thin air, which means you and I are paying for it via inflation, they didnt risk a damn thing...so everytime you fill up your tank, thank Bernanke's boss for that...of course the insurance and bank scammers paid back their loans...how could they not, they were getting free money at negative interest rates...then you buy govt short term bonds at higher interest rate and voila, you have guaranteed money...is this the american way, why it is for the select few...the money supplay has to be expanded cause there isnt enough money in the world to even pay back our debt...most of the money in the world is debt/loans, not actual money/cash...think about it.

Frikkin hilarious when people keep taking either the conservative or liberal argument...this means the people in charge HAVE WON!!!!...they keep you occupied with American Idol and Harry Potter and keep you docile and uninformed to steal from you...where is my man Bahn to back me up....

Just remember one thing and it will all make some sense, in a fiat economy, money is really debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      07-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #180
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
no he is a high school baller who "works" the stock market and lives off his parents cars. typical eballer. no big deal
Yes, looking at his areas of interest on this forum, I see that.

I've got no problem with an 18-yr old driving around in $150K worth of cars; good for them if they're successful. What really burns me up is the amount of time I've wasted, arguing with some know-nothing who selfishly cares only about his upper-bracket income taxes and capitol gains. F' him and his 39% tax rate - my Dad was in the 50% bracket when Reagan was in office, and he didn't go whining about it.

As nice and impressive as an X5M is, it has got to be one of the top 3 least practical ways to spend one's money, especially on an 18-yr old in St. Louis. So to hear this person telling me about spending cuts and deficit reduction is beyond hypocritical; it's sub-human.

He needs to look at the typical family of 4 pulling in $50K/yr, and see what they have to deal with. Or the 55 yr old professional who's been unemployed for 2 years. Or a person on a fixed income who has to decide which of their prescriptions they can afford to fill.
      07-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #181
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
OMG this thread is funny...as I stated before, just smart enough to be dangerous.......you can read the news a million times, it just means you will learn the propaganda even more so...do yourselves a favor and learn whats really going on...quit reading the main new outlets....dig for the truth...sit on that toilet and have an epiphany.
Are all stock market players nuts? Your point (if there is one) is a bit over the top. So the govt's just screwin' us over - is that your point? Has it always been like this, or has there been a radical change? And what should we do after we have this epiphany? More importantly, are you capable of making a clear, concise, rational argument?
      07-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #182
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
...do yourselves a favor and learn whats really going on...quit reading the main new outlets....dig for the truth...sit on that toilet and have an epiphany.

mact3333 is like having a bunch of Goth kids who all dress the same and listen to the same music and get the same tattoos, telling you how YOU should stop being such a follower.

Everything he says is straight up Paul-tard Ron Paul talking points, regurgitated verbatim. And he is so drunk on the 'tardness, that he thinks what comes out when he sits on the toilet is original thought!

Be sure to wipe after your "epiphany" drops with a splash. Isn't that why you guys carry a copy of the Constitution in your front shirt pocket? It certainly isn't there to be read...
      07-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #183
mact3333
Captain

Quote:
Are all stock market players nuts? Your point (if there is one) is a bit over the top. So the govt's just screwin' us over - is that your point? Has it always been like this, or has there been a radical change? And what should we do after we have this epiphany? More importantly, are you capable of making a clear, concise, rational argument?
I wasnt clear???, I asked you to get on the toilet and to have an epiphany...get back to me when you're done...
      07-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #184
mact3333
Captain

Your president Nobama swore to the constitution did he not when taking the oath?...why diss the constitution?...what did it ever do to you?...

btw, I have nothing against Obama, no more than Bush.

You guys really need to dig a little deeper...you sound like the Bill Maher show....I used to be leftist awhile back...just informed enough to be dangerous.

BTW, Ron Paul and those goth kids are brighter than you will ever probably be....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
mact3333 is like having a bunch of Goth kids who all dress the same and listen to the same music and get the same tattoos, telling you how YOU should stop being such a follower.

Everything he says is straight up Paul-tard Ron Paul talking points, regurgitated verbatim. And he is so drunk on the 'tardness, that he thinks what comes out when he sits on the toilet is original thought!

Be sure to wipe after your "epiphany" drops with a splash. Isn't that why you guys carry a copy of the Constitution in your front shirt pocket? It certainly isn't there to be read...
      07-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #185
11Series

Quote:
Your president Nobama swore to the constitution did he not when taking the oath?...why diss the constitution?...what did it ever do to you?...

You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

I'm not "dissing" the Constitution. I'm dissing all of you Paul-tards who hump the Constitution's leg when it gets you off, but have absolutely NO clue what's in it, or what it means.
      07-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #186
mact3333
Captain

coming from a guy driving an 11' 128 vert in New England....omg I soiled myself...

Quote:
Yes, looking at his areas of interest on this forum, I see that.

I've got no problem with an 18-yr old driving around in $150K worth of cars; good for them if they're successful. What really burns me up is the amount of time I've wasted, arguing with some know-nothing who selfishly cares only about his upper-bracket income taxes and capitol gains. F' him and his 39% tax rate - my Dad was in the 50% bracket when Reagan was in office, and he didn't go whining about it.

As nice and impressive as an X5M is, it has got to be one of the top 3 least practical ways to spend one's money, especially on an 18-yr old in St. Louis. So to hear this person telling me about spending cuts and deficit reduction is beyond hypocritical; it's sub-human.

He needs to look at the typical family of 4 pulling in $50K/yr, and see what they have to deal with. Or the 55 yr old professional who's been unemployed for 2 years. Or a person on a fixed income who has to decide which of their prescriptions they can afford to fill.
      07-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #187
11Series

Quote:
coming from a guy driving an 11' 128 vert in New England....omg I soiled myself...

By all the toilet talk you've introduced here, it's clear you soil yourself quite often at the slightest thing.

So where is the insult in your post? All I'm seeing is that you seriously need to get control of your bowels.
      07-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #188
mact3333
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
You need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

I'm not "dissing" the Constitution. I'm dissing all of you Paul-tards who hump the Constitution's leg when it gets you off, but have absolutely NO clue what's in it, or what it means.
Making assumptions and judgemnts are we?...please stop, you're killin me.......you have your daily epiphany yet?....
      07-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #189
11Series

Quote:
....you have your daily epiphany yet?....

Why you ask?

Still looking for your long lost twin brother?

Or just overly erotically interested in me and Scotch's backsides? Are you the guy that got arrested for hiding in the tank of a Port-a-Potty?

I'd love to sit around and trade insults. But since you bring nothing of value to this thread, I'm afraid all you are is ban-bait.
      07-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #190
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
You have this knack for making points I don't understand. Help me out... is it -
- Having a convertible in New England (Massachusetts actually) is impractical? Because having the top down April - October is stupid? And because there's only several hundred thou other convertibles up here? And because there's only about a million motorcycles up here?
- My car is lame, because it's a 128, and it's not a 135, or an M3, or an M6?
- I'm a hypocrite for talking about people who scrape by, while I'm driving a BMW?
- My car's so cheap and pedestrian, I'm not qualified to talk about you rich people?

Please enlighten me.

Last edited by ScotchAndCigar; 07-19-2011 at 04:11 PM.
      07-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #191
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

@ scotch: I lived in poverty the majority of my childhood so I know what being poor is. Do you think Obama's helped the poor and middle class? If so, how? I only see an increase in unemployment and middle class citizens working shorter hours. He's erasing the middle class which is the worst part.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
      07-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #192
Socom
BMWCCA since '03

Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
So the GOP raised the debt limit 19 times, for a total increase of $4 trillion during President Bush's 8 years in office. Yet, now that a democrat is in office, touching the debt limit is out of bounds. Why are the republicans playing party first, instead of country first?

GOP Debt Limit Hypocrisy
#1 It's largely symbolic. They're deciding their own credit limit. BFD.
#2 Obama himself railed against raising the limit when he was a Senator
#3 It's always political.
Socom is offline   United_States
      07-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #193
mact3333
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
@ scotch: I lived in poverty the majority of my childhood so I know what being poor is. Do you think Obama's helped the poor and middle class? If so, how? I only see an increase in unemployment and middle class citizens working shorter hours. He's erasing the middle class which is the worst part.
Your dislike for Obama is abit misguided also...you dont really think Obama is calling the shots do ya?...Obama is a puppet just like most presidents are...and if you are not a puppet, bad things will happen to ya.

1. Andrew Jackson ran on a antibank campaign...he was shot... twice...the shooter plead insanity.

2. Abraham Lincoln tried to take back the constitutional govt right to coin currency, now that didnt get him far.

3. JFK helped pass a bill that would allow the govt to print currency backed by silver...didnt turn out well for him either.

Now I have to figure out what McKinley and Reagan did to piss off the powers that be.......common theme, dont piss off the banksters.
      07-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #194
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
You seem to keep overlooking that he came into office during the largest recession since the great depression. Unless you address the Reagan-era recession relative to this, you're not adding anything to the discussion. Instead, you're flying high on a 100% market increase, while bitching about a potential 4% increase in your daddy's top-end marginal rate.

Your impoverished childhood plays no role in this. Besides, if you really grew-up poor, you would be foolish to throw it away on silly vehicles now.
      07-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #195
mact3333
Captain

Here is something I find quite odd...many liberals are ok with raising the tax rate on the wealthy...they dont want tax hikes for the middle to low income tax bracket understandably...but when the govt or the Fed Reserve starts pumpin golden dollars into the economy from thin air via bailouts or raising debt ceiling or etc, everyones tax rate is in essence going up through inflation...and inflation hits the poor the most severe...this is what many wont tell you...4-5.00 gallon gas hurts the poor alot more than the wealthy who can withstand such a hit...goes for natural gas or heating oil, cotton, copper, bread, etc also.

So next time we get QE3 and 4, think to yourself, it is the poor who will get economically raped from this, not the wealthy....the ultra wealthy will be laughing when they get free money to pay off their bad loans or gambling on wallstreet with it...you and I will be paying that bill through inflation...govt openly says it wants banks to make loans but in secret, they dont want this as the FDIC has put alot of red tape on the banks so they cannot make loans...if you know any real bankers you would know this is true...so what are all the bailouts to the banks for if not to make loans?...take bad debt from gambling off their books?...cause thats about what it did.

Having a partisan mentality on anything is shallow and silly...if you are like this, "they" have won...they want to divide us ...keep us fighting so we take our eyes off of the real crooks of society...to be enlightened is to realize we are all the same and need to stock together for society to truly prosper...but when the powers that be ultimately control banking, education, govt, large businesses including big media, we are really behind the 8 ball.

Quote:
You seem to keep overlooking that he came into office during the largest recession since the great depression. Unless you address the Reagan-era recession relative to this, you're not adding anything to the discussion. Instead, you're flying high on a 100% market increase, while bitching about a potential 4% increase in your daddy's top-end marginal rate.

Your impoverished childhood plays no role in this. Besides, if you really grew-up poor, you would be foolish to throw it away on silly vehicles now.
      07-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #196
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

I see what you're saying, but some of it is just the way things work, while some of what you say reflects a long-term trend of the US economy. We run on consumer spending, we don't produce commodities anymore. No administration is going to fix that. Just give up on that. Give up on a libertarian getting elected.

The republican party today is a shell of what it was. It used to be closely aligned with libertarianism, but now it's a collection of selfish, racist Christian missionary hypocrites.
      07-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #197
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Quote:
I see what you're saying, but some of it is just the way things work, while some of what you say reflects a long-term trend of the US economy. We run on consumer spending, we don't produce commodities anymore. No administration is going to fix that. Just give up on that. Give up on a libertarian getting elected.

The republican party today is a shell of what it was. It used to be closely aligned with libertarianism, but now it's a collection of selfish, racist Christian missionary hypocrites.
And now the democratic party named themselves "progressive" which is a new term for socialist and the only way they know how to attack their enemies is buy pulling the race card.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
      07-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #198
Bird_Dr

Drives: 2011 LeMans 335i

Quote:
The republican party today is a shell of what it was.

As is the democrat party:

"A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget. Every taxpayer and his family will have more money left over after taxes for a new car, a new home, new conveniences, education and investment. Every businessman can keep a higher percentage of his profits in his cash register or put it to work expanding or improving his business, and as the national income grows, the federal government will ultimately end up with more revenues."

John F. Kennedy, Sept. 18, 1963, radio and television address to the nation on tax-reduction bill

So that means maybe we should cut our spending. Entitlements is a good place to start. Here is a good article about how hard it is out there for a majority of the "impoverished."

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Rep...hat-is-Poverty

Many of these people may be living paycheck to paycheck or are just getting by, but they are hardly starving.

I know people are quick to bash the horrible and evil corporations and the wealthy, but are never willing to address one of our other problems, laziness. Cruise a few corporate websites, there are plenty of jobs out there.
Bird_Dr is offline   Italy